Tank Swap Threat

When I am tanking in Normal ToT or in LFRs(/flee), I have to back off on dps after a tank swap. I sit there auto-attacking when I feel I should be lighting up the boss. It doesn't seem to matter what class the other tank is. Is this to be expected or are the other tanks not handling their rotations correctly? I appreciate the peace of mind.

Most likely an issue with the other tanks not hitting their buttons in a somewhat correct order. Usually it isn't that much of an issue unless ofcourse your in execute range swinging with reckless abandon.
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Taranig View Post
    Most likely an issue with the other tanks not hitting their buttons in a somewhat correct order. Usually it isn't that much of an issue unless ofcourse your in execute range swinging with reckless abandon.
    Other tank will also not instantly be on the same Vengeance level, so it's pretty easy to pull agro back unless you are careful. I usually float around 103-106% threat (110 being pull threshold) for a good bit after swaps while holding back quite much. Never use BB+DR after a tank swap :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taranig View Post
    When you taunt you're given 110% of the threat the previous target had on the mob. This is much more of an issue on earlier swaps where vengeance is already high, but top threat isn't.

This is the biggest problem with the vengeance system and why it should be scrapped for better alternatives. And to the OP, yes this is sometimes normal, you can get a couple of crits and there's nothing the other tank can do about it. Learn to ease off a bit after a swap and keep your eyes on Omen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thebleh View Post
    This is the biggest problem with the vengeance system and why it should be scrapped for better alternatives. And to the OP, yes this is sometimes normal, you can get a couple of crits and there's nothing the other tank can do about it. Learn to ease off a bit after a swap and keep your eyes on Omen.
    Or the first tank could stop being a retard and stop any form of damage for a second or two when he knows there's a swap soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    Or the first tank could stop being a retard and stop any form of damage for a second or two when he knows there's a swap soon.
    While I wouldn't go as far as to call him/her a retard, I agree otherwise. I see a lot of tanks who make 0 effort to watch their aggro when something is taunted off them, and then they have the nerve to boast 'LOL SRY MY THREAT IS SO OP'... of course your threat is OP. You're VENGEANCE CAPPED.

Correctly executing the fight and taunt swapping is infinitely more important than your personal dps for the 4-5 seconds after the other tank taunts.

Deleted

chill to win

Quote Originally Posted by Greenroul View Post
    When I am tanking in Normal ToT or in LFRs(/flee), I have to back off on dps after a tank swap. I sit there auto-attacking when I feel I should be lighting up the boss. It doesn't seem to matter what class the other tank is. Is this to be expected or are the other tanks not handling their rotations correctly? I appreciate the peace of mind.
    Overagro is the overagroee's fault, beginning middle and end - if anyone cannot watch their threat they are at fault.

Intervene (possible with safeguard for extra cd) will keep your vengeance alive for the next taunt swap, but ultimately chill and win. If you dps is needed to beat an enrage, look harder at your raid dps roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    Pretty much this.