Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Zandalari Warscouts...Simply Amazing

There were new rare additions that 5.2 brought us, specifically the Zandalari Warbringers. But each Warbringer has 21.5 mil health which makes it very difficult for some classes to solo. Then they changed the mechanics so that it became almost impossible to solo. However, each Warbringer has 1-2 Zandalari Warscouts that are patrolling the area.

THESE ARE SOLOABLE (for those that did not know) and they have a relatively quick respawn time.I am soloing them on my MW Monk. I fly to each of the zones spamming my /tar Zandalari Warscout macro (because they have a large pat area, I have seen them ALL over their zones so keep looking) I fly in pandaria clockwise and by the time I get back to the zone after killing the others, they have spawned again.

I spent about 5 hours yesterday farming these. Here is what I received. (yes there is a 100% drop chance for 1 of the 4 rep tokens to drop)

5 Big Bag of Zandalari Supplies
    13 Stolen Klaxxi Insignia
    11 Stolen Golden Lotus Insignia
    9 Stolen Celestial Insignia
    12 Stolen Shado-Pan Insignia
    23 Small Bag of Zandalari Supplies

Each of the tokens give 1000 to their reputation. 1200 if you have the guild perk and 2400 if you have the guild perk and the grand commendation for the rep in question.

I was able to get from friendly and neutral to revered/exalted. This is the absolutely fastest way I have found to gain rep and its easy.

I have 8 90's so doing dailies on all my toons is out of the question. /wrists - but this makes it sooooo much easier to get to the toons that need them for professions recipes that are locked behind a rep (or 2) for example.

Has anyone else had luck with this? is this the fastest?

Blood Dk's can solo Warbringers.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Shhhhhh dont tell any1. Every1 will start farming them.

But yes...i farm scouts if i need golden lotos. In a time i spend i can get 15-19 lotos from 1 bag than a time i get it from herbs.
    Loot is random tho but bag dropchance is very high.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Blood Dk's can solo Warbringers.
    My Ret in 478? ilvl can solo Warbringers. I spec into Burden of Guilt, Glyph for Harsh Words and become a Rangadin. Mages can go Fire and just Strafe/scorch them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    My Ret in 478? ilvl can solo Warbringers. I spec into Burden of Guilt, Glyph for Harsh Words and become a Rangadin. Mages can go Fire and just Strafe/scorch them.
    i can solo them on my rogue

How do you guys survive the scarab swarm and the extra ghost woman spawn during the fight? The fight should be easy as heck as a hunter but I can't seem to manage it past 50%.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I'd say for time spent Warscouts are the money ball. I was soloing the Warbringers on my Blood DK (in all dps gear), but it's normally a pretty long fight, 7-9 mins, depending on what affixes they have. Vengeful spirit, Thundercrash, Fear is the toughest combo affixes one for me, namely because it allows the least opps room.

Warscouts on the other hands are pretty much like the Vale rares were at the start of MoP. Tough, but if you don't ignore the mechanics, then it's just a 2-3 mins fight. (depending on gearing). This is coming from a warrior\DK perspective. I imaging other classes like Priest or Shamans might have a tougher time with different affixes.

There is a Hunter that solos the Warbringers, but seeing how he's in a world 75 guild, I imagine Skill and gear are pretty high

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    How do you guys survive the scarab swarm and the extra ghost woman spawn during the fight?
    Vengeful spirits is pretty much a kite thing. They move slower, so I normally start running while he's casting, he'll speed up to where you are at, the spirits won't. Slows also works like Chilli beans for a DK. Shadown Fury on a warlock will stun them etc etc. The reason they and Thundercrash are the worst(for me), is if he cast the spirit and while kiting back and he does thunder crash it can be tough getting out it in time, add to that the Fear which I swear when he fear me he always does thundercrash sooner than normal.

Scarabs are fairly easy for a DK and probably not bad for warriors with Shockwaves. Not sure about other classes.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-04-22 at 04:18 PM.

How do you guys survive the scarab swarm and the extra ghost woman spawn during the fight? The fight should be easy as heck as a hunter but I can't seem to manage it past 50%.
    As a Ret, I rotate who I use Judgement on. For Scarabs I just use a Divine Storm and it usually kills them all. I'm not sure what to say for Hunters, you should be able to kite them over traps and keep them slowed in general fairly easily. I guess having Scarabs and Spirit up at the same time could be painful, but the worst one I found was Visage. You need to have a ranged interrupt to stop it, and as Melee you're kiting it so it's horrible.

Reasonably geared affliction warlocks can solo them too. Get it in before patch 5.3, though, as the key mechanic to soloing them is being sorta nerfed (at least for the purposes of soloing warbringers). You put your dots on the warbringer, and use drain soul to keep yourself stocked on shards. You then use those shards for soulburn: health funnel to keep your tanking void alive. Pull him back if the spirit is spawned so he doesn't get killed, you can completely ignore everything else (clear the area so fear doesn't aggro more mobs), and you can kill off the scarabs with SB:SoC if you choose to.

It takes awhile but it's a fun challenge if you're bored Though one bad luck crit on your void and it's GG. If he's at 80% and void shield is down, he can get crit for most of his life and then you're boned as these guys are immune to taunts or something. Enjoy!

A few multi shots on the scarabs kill them easily. Otherwise I ignore them and leave an explosive trap on me and they die pretty quickly. The spirit just has to be kited which is pretty easy because its slow. For Warscouts I just MS or distracting shot it when it comes out and it follows me until it despawns.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been farming scouts since the week 5.2 launched, taking advantage of everyone just looking for their bigger counterparts.

Truthfully, Horrific Visage (fear) is their most irritating and troubling ability, as it lasts long enough for you to be caught in their conal AOE ability, or for a Vengeful Spirit to kill you if you get feared into it. The good new is, you can interrupt the spell. It's easiest to farm these on my Warlock with the Voidlord because he has evasion to all their AoE and I only need to move him if a Vengeful Spirit spawns. I've also done this on my Monk (as WW for more DPS) and Rogue. The AOE cone is the most irritating ability as melee, only because I'm on satellite internet and can still get hit even when I've escaped the cone in time. It's worth nothing that the Vengeful Spirits can be hit by any form of CC that can target an Undead mob, including Shackle Undead, Blind, and Paralysis. As long as you don't AoE, it becomes a non issue with a renewable CC.

Lastly, if you have used a Grand Commendation on your account for various factions, these make rep grinding very, very easy for your alts. I collected enough insignias for my Monk that and used them and got him exalted with Golden Lotus, August Celestials, Shado-pan and the Klaxx when he was still 80. (You need a total of 42,000 rep to go from neutral to exalted with a faction; with Grand Commendations these insignia give 2,000 rep each, which means you only need 21 of them per faction)

Quote Originally Posted by Mortai2 View Post
    Reasonably geared affliction warlocks can solo them too. Get it in before patch 5.3, though, as the key mechanic to soloing them is being sorta nerfed (at least for the purposes of soloing warbringers). You put your dots on the warbringer, and use drain soul to keep yourself stocked on shards. You then use those shards for soulburn: health funnel to keep your tanking void alive. Pull him back if the spirit is spawned so he doesn't get killed, you can completely ignore everything else (clear the area so fear doesn't aggro more mobs), and you can kill off the scarabs with SB:SoC if you choose to.

It takes awhile but it's a fun challenge if you're bored Though one bad luck crit on your void and it's GG. If he's at 80% and void shield is down, he can get crit for most of his life and then you're boned as these guys are immune to taunts or something. Enjoy!
    Are you talking about soloing the warbringers? I have terrible luck keeping my Voidtank alive

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    Are you talking about soloing the warbringers? I have terrible luck keeping my Voidtank alive
    Yes I am. I sometimes have bad luck, too. It seems to come in patches, lol. Some days I'll die 3 times before 50%, other days I'll solo 3 or 4 without incident. RNG will be RNG I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Slows also works like Chilli beans for a DK.
    I'm sorry but chilli beans made me laugh.

Deleted
    Quite easy to solo warbringers as destro lock

Use your gateway to drop agro and use /petmoveto macro+keybind to move your voidlord away from the spirit(shadowfury the spirit then havoc to get it to agro you) and you shouldnt have to resummon it more than twice / fight.

Been farming them for a few weeks now and taking them down as destro goes very fast about 4-5 minutes tops.
    Last edited by mmoc1b92c624c4; 2013-04-22 at 04:54 PM.

MD scarabs to pet is what I do. Ghost woman isn't a problem unless pet gets aggro. If pet does, just attack her a couple times, then continue to kite the Warbringer. The only ability I worry about fighting Warbrigners as a hunter is the fear. That is when things go downhill for me. Stay in Cheetah, kite like a mofo, win.

If you're talking about Warscouts, just passive the pet and run away from Scout, or leave pet on Scout and attack the ghost to get her to follow you, then run circles around Scout. Scarabs should be easy, MD+Trap+Multishot+Barrage/Glaives. They don't last long. Then stun or interrupt fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Alteron View Post
    I'm sorry but chilli beans made me laugh.
    I can't resist. Some people get so worked up when I say it like that in vent, I can't help but write it nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortai2 View Post
    Yes I am. I sometimes have bad luck, too. It seems to come in patches, lol. Some days I'll die 3 times before 50%, other days I'll solo 3 or 4 without incident. RNG will be RNG I guess.
    I haven't figured out if it's me trying to play too early in the morning or just those off days like any sport. I have a macro that puts a Square on the spirit so I can keep track of it and some days I just watch it walk right up and hit me.

I will say the thing that drives me nuts is when the Thundercrash effect barely shows up on the ground. On days when I'm zoning out and not watching the cast bars enough, the visual effect is really nice to have. So when it doesn't actually show up...
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-04-22 at 04:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how a helpful thread about the scouts turned into a string of claims about which classes can or cannot solo warbringers, which has little to nothing to do with the topic.

Good ol MMOchamp.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    I like how a helpful thread about the scouts turned into a string of claims about which classes can or cannot solo warbringers, which has little to nothing to do with the topic.

Good ol MMOchamp.
    The feedback is appreciated. The question was asked if Warscouts are the fastest, But if there are classes that can solo the warbringers, that that would indeed be a faster way. I would say that "nothing to do with the topic" is not accurate. The warbringers drop 5-6 tokens at a time rather than just 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    The feedback is appreciated. The question was asked if Warscouts are the fastest, But if there are classes that can solo the warbringers, that that would indeed be a faster way. I would say that "nothing to do with the topic" is not accurate. The warbringers drop 5-6 tokens at a time rather than just 1.
    Agreed. If you can solo a Warbringer, thats a very fast way for rep and materials(assuming a Big Bag drops). Scouts are still excellent assuming you can find them. People asking questions about how to do certain solo tactics is also extremely helpful for many people, so I wouldnt say this thread turned into anything. It still is what it was!