Poll: Should the police have been called?

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    Promoting guns is NOT promoting gun violence.
    Which is why I used a conjunction to separate the two from each other.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    he was promoting the 2nd amendment which in turn does not equate to promoting gun violence
    Promoting an amendment which has lead to god knows how many innocent lives being taken in school shootings in the last decade or so. Are you going to argue that a school should not look out for it's own pupil's safety by doing what it can by preventing others from promoting a pro-gun culture? Which is more important - sending out the clear message that pro-gun culture is not a thing to be promoted around impressionable children/young adults, or one person's 2nd Amendment rights when all he had to do was wear a different item of clothing? Think about it logically, it's a no-brainer.

Pathetic, if accurate. Next kids will get suspended or arrested for wearing wrestling shirts because it promotes fighting, or skateboarding shirts because it promotes vandalism. So glad I got out of school before this liberal crap was pushed too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suspect there's more going on here than what this one boy's side of the story is telling.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Promark View Post
    Where did I say he was promoting gun violence?

He was promoting the NRA, do not confuse that with the 2nd amendment.
    and what is the main purpose of the NRA? it is to protect the 2nd amendment. I probably disagree with what most on the left says put damit i will defend their right to say it now me defending their right to say it doesn't mean im promoting what they say

Quote Originally Posted by Biggayshammy View Post
    Only in my state... So glad I live in a not so redneck part of WV
    ..... Rednecks love the NRA almost as much as Nascar and Budweiser, Try to take those things away and you will be met with the business end of a Winchester/Mossberg/Remington.

People really should lay off the rednecks though seeing as how they are the only ones with the balls to forcefully protect their rights if need-be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Pathetic, if accurate. Next kids will get suspended or arrested for wearing wrestling shirts because it promotes fighting, or skateboarding shirts because it promotes vandalism. So glad I got out of school before this liberal crap was pushed too much.
    There's plenty of things that shouldn't be promoted in school. Teachers have to decide where the line is.

Would have helped if you had stayed in long enough to graduate...

Quote Originally Posted by SylvanaSlave View Post
    Promoting an amendment which has lead to god knows how many innocent lives being taken in school shootings in the last decade or so. Are you going to argue that a school should not look out for it's own pupil's safety by doing what it can by preventing others from promoting a pro-gun culture? Which is more important - sending out the clear message that pro-gun culture is not a thing to be promoted around impressionable children/young adults, or one person's 2nd Amendment rights when all he had to do was wear a different item of clothing? Think about it logically, it's a no-brainer.
    Instead of sheltering kids from potentially dangerous or risky aspects of life, they should be educated and informed to make the right decisions. We all know how well abstinence educations works at preventing teen pregnancy.....

Quote Originally Posted by SylvanaSlave View Post
    then why do you play a game that promotes gun violence?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Instead of sheltering kids from potentially dangerous or risky aspects of life, they should be educated and informed to make the right decisions. We all know how well abstinence educations works at preventing teen pregnancy.....
    Hey lets have all kids watch videos of slaughterhauses so they know where the meat actually comes from.
    Parents don't actually want kids to be informed on some subjects.

Really? Because its been awhile since I was in school and I know for a fact my schools dress codes included rules against depictions of violence, weapons (of any kind) drugs, or illegal activity. Kids got regularly busted for violating them, I knew a kid that got sent home for wearing his dads marine corps rifle pistol team sweater because it had a gun on it... to top this off it was at a DOD school, a government school, for military brats.

...and this was also decades before columbine, sandy hook, or aurora. So in short, this has been going on for forever, its only news now because of the recent gun debate and the right looking for any ammo it can to make the left look ridiculous, and vice versa.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    ..... Rednecks love the NRA almost as much as Nascar and Budweiser, Try to take those things away and you will be met with the business end of a Winchester/Mossberg/Remington.

People really should lay off the rednecks though seeing as how they are the only ones with the balls to forcefully protect their rights if need-be.
    I want to know how are you and others getting away with using the racist derogatory hateful name. Im sure if I used a name to describe another culture or race like you just did i will receive a ban so quick i wouldn't even beable to finish this post

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    This. Was probably arrested for shouting a bunch of shit at teachers and then police.
    No he was arrested for: "Police charged him with disrupting an educational process and obstructing an officer"

Which would have never happened if they didn't insist he either removed his shirt or turned it inside out.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    No he was arrested for: "Police charged him with disrupting an educational process and obstructing an officer"

Which would have never happened if they didn't insist he either removed his shirt or turned it inside out.
    Or if he had just complied instead of turning it into a debate.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Well... wrestling wouldn't be that bad, considering all it promotes is theatrical combat...

Though, I'm surprised they just haven't band clothing depicting any kind of brand besides "brand" clothing. As in, only able to wear nike etc. but not stuff with like Batman or Pokemon or something.

I'm sure there's more to the story than what's being let on. I really don't see a school getting police involved unless it was something serious. Then again, it's been a little while since I've been in school myself... And seeing as how people have their panties in a knot with all these school shootings... well, paranoia is a bitch sometimes.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    I want to know how are you and others getting away with using the racist derogatory hateful name. Im sure if I used a name to describe another culture or race like you just did i will receive a ban so quick i wouldn't even beable to finish this post
    rednecks are a race now? thats a stretch, even for you
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post

You kind of have to do what teachers tell you to at school, the child's parents consent to this when they register the child in the school, end of story.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

He didn't get arrested for just wearing an NRA shirt...there's definitely more going on here than that. One of my friends got a detention for wearing a Famous shirt with bullets on it.

Also
    A.) As a minor your rights are limited
    B.) When you're at school you surrender even more of your rights, like freedom of speech.
    C.) If you're on school grounds, a school sponsored event, or able to be seen from school grounds they can do something about it.

My high school had a random drug test program if you played sports or drove to school, that we all thought was a violation of our rights. We thought they had no right to tell us what we couldn't do when we weren't at school, but they got away with it.

If accurate, then it would seem that Liberal tolerance has struck again.