Page 1 of 2
LastLast

5.3 PTR Holy Buff to Divine Hymn

Holy

* Divine Hymn now targets 12 raid members (up from 5) each time it heals when used in a 25-player instance.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/913...22_2013#priest

Seems a pretty decent buff in 25m. Thoughts?

I think the buff to Tranquility and Divine Hymn is absolutely ridiculous! Maaaybe 6-8 but 12? It's sooooo obviously going to get nerfed to the ground.

Deleted
    That is strange , how will it heal in 40 man raids or 15 man battlegrounds , also half?

omnomnomnomn
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Don't be jelly because hymn got buffed by almost 120% it was the shittiest healing raid cd to begin with and sort of needed.

This makes me very happy

As a priest who does raid in a 25man environment, I'm not jelly. However, will you really feel pride after you get that heroic boss that your guild has been trying to kill for weeks and you look at your logs and 30%+ of your healing is Divine Hymn? I may be alone in this thought, but I don't want my class to be dumbed down.

This is awesome. Its now an actual raid cooldown. When I pop this it will feel like its actually doing some healing!

Quote Originally Posted by vanityking View Post
    As a priest who does raid in a 25man environment, I'm not jelly. However, will you really feel pride after you get that heroic boss that your guild has been trying to kill for weeks and you look at your logs and 30%+ of your healing is Divine Hymn? I may be alone in this thought, but I don't want my class to be dumbed down.
    This isn't dumbing it down, it's scaling Holy's utility to 25m better. While yes, your throughput and total healing will see an increase, this is a utility buff for holy. The actual #'s aren't going to be that much compared to your overall healing.

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 12:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Don't be jelly because hymn got buffed by almost 120% it was the shittiest healing raid cd to begin with and sort of needed.
    Basically they scaled it by raid size, which is smart. So it heals 5 in 10 man (50% of the raid), and 12 in 25 man (~50% of the raid).
    Last edited by jason1975; 2013-04-22 at 08:00 PM.

Why did mistweavers need the revival buff though?..

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    Why did mistweavers need the revival buff though?..
    That is not a buff, like divine hymn and tranquility it only scales with the raid size now. Also mistweaver arent as overpowered as they were in the beginning; they are in a decent place; shaman get their buff (that they needed); the only concern i have is Hpally; but with the upcoming nerf of their old set bonus and slightly nerf of their mastery and changes to their aoe-holy-shock i think this is enough.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2013-04-22 at 10:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    As I said in other threads; Compare a 10 man PWB to a 25 man, or an AM, SLT etc. It all makes sense to me.

I would just hate to see holy priests, resto druids and mistweavers owning the logs come 5.3 due to this super-sized buff only to get nerfed in other ways. You can argue that other raid cooldowns like PW:B and Devo aura affect the whole raid, but it's not often you get 25 ppl stacked up for PW:B and Devo last for a very short time. This will turn Divine Hymn and Tranquility into a raid wide full heal, no matter how low people are. Also anyone can just hit 1 button and top an entire raid off, that seems to me like a dumb down.

I would just hate to see holy priests, resto druids and mistweavers owning the logs come 5.3 due to this super-sized buff only to get nerfed in other ways. You can argue that other raid cooldowns like PW:B and Devo aura affect the whole raid, but it's not often you get 25 ppl stacked up for PW:B and Devo last for a very short time. This will turn Divine Hymn and Tranquility into a raid wide full heal, no matter how low people are. Also anyone can just hit 1 button and top an entire raid off, that seems to me like a dumb down.
    This is all ridiculous hyperbole. Resto and holy needed additional utility in 25m. It's a buff to a 3 minute cd. And if you don't get at least ten people stacked for PW barrier then you need better raid coordination.

15+ Year Old Account
    And pushing AM/PWB is smarter how?

Did you ever calculate just how much a PWB or AM can prevent? If not, I suggest you do so and add that to the healing mtrs if it makes you feel better. ONE button!:P

You'll see I'll be proven right in the end. If you really play holy in 25man, you know that our issues aren't AoE healing burst.
    Last edited by vanityking; 2013-04-23 at 02:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll see I'll be proven right in the end.
    Another whiner to my ignore list.

On topic this is actually nice. I have not played 25man since wrath but this will defiently help holy and resto druids to have a viable raid cooldown in 25man.
    Also perfect since im considering making a 25man team in my guild and ill most likely be healing it as disc/holy
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

You'll see I'll be proven right in the end. If you really play holy in 25man, you know that our issues aren't AoE healing burst.
    And if you really play holy in 25m then you'll, of course, know that on at least half of the fights this tier, cooldowns are NEEDED to survive. Barrier beats divine hymn by a long shot.

Source: I constantly have to play discipline simply for barrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    That is not a buff, like divine hymn and tranquility it only scales with the raid size now. Also mistweaver arent as overpowered as they were in the beginning; they are in a decent place; shaman get their buff (that they needed); the only concern i have is Hpally; but with the upcoming nerf of their old set bonus and slightly nerf of their mastery and changes to their aoe-holy-shock i think this is enough.
    Shamans get a tooltipfix and not a buff .
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Deleted
    How will this "buff" help the situation of holy priests in 10 mans? Did blizzard come to the conclusion that they were really underpowered in 25 mans but perfectly fine in 10s?