Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Some of you people take your cartoon tv watching too seriously. No reason to get mad or try to compare X and X like we're doing some PC vs Mac sorta thing.
    Shouldn't label it as "cartoon watching" as any other tv show that is not a cartoon falls under the same criticisms and expectations of a television show: it needs ratings.

but then again, you put "cartoon tv watching", what does that mean?

On topic: That's too bad. Doesn't matter if a show is good or bad. The bad shows are still around because someone is watching them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

That's a shame, it seemed to have a pretty good following though I haven't seen it in years myself, quite enjoyed it when I was younger.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    Shouldn't label it as "cartoon watching" as any other tv show that is not a cartoon falls under the same criticisms and expectations of a television show: it needs ratings.

but then again, you put "cartoon tv watching", what does that mean?

On topic: That's too bad. Doesn't matter if a show is good or bad. The bad shows are still around because someone is watching them.
    I label it as cartoon watching because you are watching cartoons. If it was reality tv then I'd call it reality tv watching. I didn't mean to imply anything by that. If you found something there, that's your deal, not mine.

And I do watch the shows, too. Bob's Burgers, American Dad, Futurama, Simpsons. It sucks that Futurama got cancelled, but there's really no reason to go out bashing the other shows and get angry about it.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I label it as cartoon watching because you are watching cartoons. If it was reality tv then I'd call it reality tv watching. I didn't mean to imply anything by that. If you found something there, that's your deal, not mine.
    Well, what I feel others might get from qualifying it as "cartoon watching" means that, if someone were to "take seriously" a non-cartoon show, it would have a higher level (or lower level) or merit, which I don't feel it does. A TV show is a tv show is a tv show.
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

It will be back, and Futurama will say how the other network executives who cancelled them were ground into a dust used on the private parts of old men again.

Futurama always had that nice tough to it. It tried to be more than just funny but also having some cool sci-fiction concepts that made you think. But since I'm young, I don't know how many of them were copied from somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Family guy's ok, at least it's better than what futurama/simpsons were morphing into
    Family guys first 3-5 seasons was nothing more then ripping off the simpsons.

Now don't get my wrong I think family guy is decent but to say its better then The Simpsons is just not true.

I do feel both family guy and the simpson's is in a rut atm where everything they do feels like it has been done. but me personally futurama to me has always had that its new feel maybe its because of bender I don't know I just personally would rather watch it over the simpsons or family guy.

On Topic: Would be nice if Adult Swim got the rights back on Futurama and aired new shows on saturday or something really do hope someone picks it up soon.

Hell when I get bored I watch Futurama on netflix.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 02:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    It will be back, and Futurama will say how the other network executives who cancelled them were ground into a dust used on the private parts of old men again.

Futurama always had that nice tough to it. It tried to be more than just funny but also having some cool sci-fiction concepts that made you think. But since I'm young, I don't know how many of them were copied from somewhere else.
    Couldn't agree more mite be why I like Futurama over anything else like it aka Family Guy/The Simpsons.

Not saying FG/TS is bad shows its just futurama always felt like it was different to me.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    God dammit, again?! It's my favourite show, and I've liked the recent seasons as much as the original ones. And now it's cancelled for no raisin.
    Indeed, it was the greetest!

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Family Guy much more then Futurerama. They're both good shows IMO.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill bet Adult Swim picks it up.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

10+ Year Old Account
    Futurama has been sentenced to death..

AWWwwwww

by Snoo~Snoo

awwwwwww.

honestly, i loved the cartoon, hated the network it was on. hopefully it gets picked up in syndicate by a better channel that will show it at better times.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Actually I heard Comedy Central only had 1 request for the show when the started. They asked "can you make it dirty?". Obviously they didn't make Futurama dirty enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    This really saddens me, especially knowing that it's canceled and Family Guy is still on air. I really despise Family Guy, and would much rather watch Futurama.
    Agreed. This just means I can eventually finish my collection of the series on DVD though. Currently have the first four seasons and two of the movies on DVD. As much as Family Guy has made me laugh over the years, Futurama was a different kind of humour - the kind that you would laugh at and find unbelievably hilarious and everyone else in the room would just stare at you like you're a moron. Fry has some great one-liners.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 02:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMan View Post
    Indeed, it was the greetest!
    Kudos to you and the man you quoted . Greet times in that show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    About time, the show has been crap for years...
    I never got into it, so absolutely ^agreed. /golfclap

#FlightIsImportant

Stop breaking my heart.
    Hi Sephurik

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sad news, it was my favourite show growing up, but for every good episode they had two very average ones.

On a random side note.

The guy getting shot in the back of the car is Phil LaMarr who does the voice of Hermes Conrad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't think of any of the newer episodes that I loved. Some are ok and some are kind of good, but it is not what it was. I do not mind seeing it finished.

I can always just go make my own Futurama, but with Blackjack and hookers!
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Didn't even know this show existed still, it was never very good to begin with, I'm pretty shocked it was still on the air after all this time. It's been like a decade it seems.

Not sure why but I could never get into these type of shows, Simpson, Family Guy, South Park etc. they all strike me as trying too hard. Guess I just don't really like the cartoon aspect, I have no problem with live action comedy shows, in fact I love Psych and I love Anger Management, but I don't really like the cartoon comedy shows. Never quite understood why people love them so much, guess it just isn't my type of show.

I think the whole fact it's a cartoon is getting to you, which is ridiculous. Cartoon comedies allow for a lot more freedom and creativity, allowing for more jokes and witty remarks.

Futurama has always been a great show with great one-liners and jokes. I will be extremely sad when it's over, as I've always really loved it as a show. I've always liked it more than Family Guy and those other shows, so it will be a shame. I even got to meet the writers of Futurama last summer and got to take my picture with David cohen and chat with him for like 40 minutes.

Deleted
    If they take this long between seasons, of course the number of viewers is going to decline. Most people forget about the show if they show it in random intervals, sometimes taking a year, then 3 to launch a new season or even taking a year to launch the second half of a season.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    How can you not like the Simpsons are you a monster?
    it's gone way downhill after s12, not fucking funny anymore, but just retarded
    as people run out of ideas, and trying to dance around all new crap like iphone, facebook, some new world tendence, with dull jokes which not fucking funny
    what is funny is black humor which family guy or so south park have, but no longer simpsons and futurama, but still they going same wrong direction
    same was with futurama they run out of ideas, I love that cartoon , but still I think time has come