Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't know, you should be able to kill anything 2v1 - you mentioned in your last post that you lack gear. Why should skilled healers be penalised for surviving against two under geared players for 25mins? They should get extra points!
    Last edited by Dcruize; 2013-04-23 at 11:17 AM.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Deleted
    Let's try to keep this ontopic.

That is the issue with a healer surviving for ~25mins just to annoy the other team - eventhough he has no chance of actually winning because his teammate is already dead.

In my opinion the team with the most players alive should get the win and the other team a loss.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 11:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    I don't know, you should be able to kill anything 2v1 - you mentioned in your last post that you lack gear. Why should skilled healers be penalised for surviving against two under geared players for 25mins? They should get extra points!

Warriors should only get one wing as well
    I don't know what rating you play on but all healers are most certainly not killable in 1v2 - that being 1 dps + 1 healer vs 1 healer. He should be penalized because he already let his teammate die and he has no chance of winning(read: killing one of us) alone.

I've had 2s games where we've met our counter and they've been absolute dicks about it with nonstop emote spamming when they've killed one of us. Our reaction is always "f**k them" and the healer goes for the draw. Last season we forced a /spitspamming warrior/hpala to quit a 1v2 game after they killed our healer, spent 20mins running around in stealth in dalaran sewers grabbing the orbs and blowing everything to stay alive until I could escape again. Lesson is, don't play like a dick.

The loss doesn't show on the team so I guess that's a reason people do it as well.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Also, once we run into double healer team. The fuck.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubs-go-home View Post

I don't know what rating you play on but all healers are most certainly not killable in 1v2 - that being 1 dps + 1 healer vs 1 healer. He should be penalized because he already let his teammate die and he has no chance of winning(read: killing one of us) alone.
    Rshamans can purge/root/windshear, disc priests can dps/dispel, mistweavers can dps - maybe if you play with a hpala things aren't as straight forward but they can still dispel roots/cc casts/freedom the dps. No idea what druids are like in a 2v1 scenario.

While I agree with the OP, ive yet to see myself in a situation where 1 dps+1healer cant at least oom 1 healer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock View Post
    While I agree with the OP, ive yet to see myself in a situation where 1 dps+1healer cant at least oom 1 healer.
    Problem isn't killing a healer thats oom

The problem is that healers(druids) don't go oom if they're any decent and can kite properly. Sure, it depends a bit on what classes we're talking about but in most cases they don't go oom when only healing themselves

So I play a rdruid and I was helping a random cap 2s from trade chat. He was bad. There were lots of games we lost because he just chased endlessly with no CD and died. I would leave, no big deal to me. Then we played a team that emote spammed and it just pissed me off to no end. After they killed him I just endlessly kited until the game timed out. The trade pug got irritated and left, but I stayed and drew the game out because the other team were being dicks.

After the game they made characters on my server to endlessly spam, I just let them know that they were being dicks and that they were not as skilled as they think. Moral of the story, don't be a dick. Watch some of the high rated players, they are never dicks. Someone discos, they stop play and wait for him to come back. Someone scumbag wins (rogue burst mainly) they just queue again and move on. So many players under 1800 could learn a lot about sportsmanship from watching 20 minutes of a 2400 player streaming.

No, it is 2v2, you kill them both or you get nothing, it is perfectly possible for 2 people to kill 1 healer. Use stuns, interupts (even cc to interupt), dispels and time your burst appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by Willfox View Post
    No, it is 2v2, you kill them both or you get nothing, it is perfectly possible for 2 people to kill 1 healer. Use stuns, interupts (even cc to interupt), dispels and time your burst appropriately.
    This. Every single healer can do some decent damage with cooldowns now, if you can't kill one squishy resto druid in a stunlock then your doing it wrong. Also no way your 2500 experienced if you can't kill someone 2v1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post

Should a healer be able to run around pillars for 25 minutes just to spite the other team - when that person has already lost. All it does is make the other team lose rating as well.
    What is saying he has already lost? If two players cant kill one player it is the one healer that is skilled and the two players that are bad at the game.

I would go as far as suggest that the team with the alone healer will get more points depending on how long he can survive against the full team.

It doesnt matter what kind of arguments people have. If you are two vs one and still dont win. You deserve losing the game or atleast losing points.

I love all the defense of healers in this thread.

Here's a fact. Healers (gear/skill equal) will never die 1v1. This is the biggest imbalance in the entire game. If you cannot 1v1 a healer, why are they allowed in 2s? A more balanced game would only see healers surviving 1v1 if they outplayed their opponent. As it stands right now, healers need very little ability and can just rely on Blizzard's negligence of balance to carry them.

Now I understand they don't balance the game around 2s. Got it. But if that's really the case, why leave it open to blatant balance issues? Best resolution? Get rid of healing specs in 2v2, period. Why? Because 2s rating doesn't matter, is usually used as a way to quick cap some conquest and nothing more. Double dps vs. a smart healer/dps team loses every time as long as the healer team knows their shit. Either there needs to be a nerf only to healing done in 2v2 matches or they need to get rid of healing specs altogether for 2s. Otherwise threads like this will continue to exist, and healers will continue to create imbalances.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    What is saying he has already lost? If two players cant kill one player it is the one healer that is skilled and the two players that are bad at the game.

I would go as far as suggest that the team with the alone healer will get more points depending on how long he can survive against the full team.

It doesnt matter what kind of arguments people have. If you are two vs one and still dont win. You deserve losing the game or atleast losing points.
    Yeah if you can't catch the most mobile class with the addition of heals that don't require casting you bad. ---Sarcasm

You basicaly just stated if you can't kill a resto druid in a stun lock you're bad. I guess there really is nothing we can say to argueing with your view point.
    Last edited by Coraulten; 2013-04-23 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    Yeah if you can't catch the most mobile class with the addition of heals that don't require casting you bad. ---Sarcasm
    Pretty much, although in the OP's case it's also affected by being poorly geared (which should never be balanced around). It's not 1v1 while your healer makes a cup of coffee, it's 2v1 and even mobile classes like druids can killed by a concerted effort (though probably not oom'd).

Deleted
    Unless you are playing some really niche comp (and if so, deal with it, 2s aren't balanced for shit) you can kill any healer alone with two people (though it might take a while to force their cds/line up yours). Every healer adds some very significant output/utility (purge, damage and/or cc) to a 2v1 situation, make use of it.

Here's a fact. Healers (gear/skill equal) will never die 1v1. This is the biggest imbalance in the entire game. If you cannot 1v1 a healer, why are they allowed in 2s? A more balanced game would only see healers surviving 1v1 if they outplayed their opponent. As it stands right now, healers need very little ability and can just rely on Blizzard's negligence of balance to carry them.
    Yep, a healer will never die 1v1 to a mage or rogue, you totally got this covered! Feel free to elaborate on why a healer being hard to 1v1 breaks 2s. Hell, feel free to elaborate on why a dps should be able to kill a healer but a healer should have no chance in hell of killing a dps, I'm sure you have an excellent reason!
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-04-23 at 09:32 PM.

Not really many good cases against the Op in this thread. While I do agree the said Druid was clever and skilled enough to stay alive alone, in other sports and games (especially ones that include fighting) the team with the Druid would have lost.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I agree, I had my dk die right at the beining of the pvp match because a mage/priest cc is just insane so I basically kited the mage until they just gave up. The priest left then I killed the mage...well almost killed him, he left the match.

Just give me all your rage, I can take it.
    the real issue is almost losing as DK/healer to priest/x , since unholy dk's are total beasts at blowing priests up
    My guess would be that your dk was frost

Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    Agreed 100%. Also would possibly like to see a stacking Debuff after 12/15 Minutes where all Players get a 10% Debuff to Healing and Movement Speed. To be honest I'd also like to see an Arena that was quite simply flat and without pillars. Mounted healers, Shaman, Monks and Druids love to ferociously hump pillars too much, and my experience in two's is being slowed by a Death Knight whilst his friend runs mounted around a Pillar for five minutes, stroking in tenderly.
    Are you kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I agree, I had my dk die right at the beining of the pvp match because a mage/priest cc is just insane so I basically kited the mage until they just gave up. The priest left then I killed the mage...well almost killed him, he left the match.
    Monk healer not dying 1v1. More news at 11
    this game sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    If somehow the 2 of you fail so hard to kill 1 guy, you deserve to lose points in a draw. That guy deserves to make you lose points. You sucked the big one.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    If somehow the 2 of you fail so hard to kill 1 guy, you deserve to lose points in a draw. That guy deserves to make you lose points. You sucked the big one.
    I guess you missed the part where they killed his partner? Arena isn't about "who can run away the fastest"