Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Seriously... to attack an Korean ahjussi and his wife like this. What a piece of crap of a human being. That the other Koreans didn't do anything doesn't surprise me. They are naturally peaceful people and most of them are afraid of western people.

Prime example why foreigners like him should stay out of South Korea.

If this took place in Seoul, I'd like to have this guys name. I know of people who are very much able to teach this thug some respect, and it's not hard to find people like him... they all live in Itaewon and know each other.
    Naturally peaceful? What is peace in their blood or something?

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 05:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Angel25 View Post
    OMG I wish this dumb black man would dare to do something similar in Puerto Rico, he would get his ass kicked or worst!
    What if he was a dumb white man? I don't understand the need to say "dumb black man" as though his race has any baring on your actions when dealing with an asshole like this.

typical black gangster "im all that" being a asshat. As if we dont already have enough uneducated idiots living up to their sterotypes. Nice job representing 'murica.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Naturally peaceful? What is peace in their blood or something?

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 05:12 PM ----------

What if he was a dumb white man? I don't understand the need to say "dumb black man" as though his race has any baring on your actions when dealing with an asshole like this.
    Except that the sterotype that this person is living up to is the gangster black male tough guy. Not mentioning race is generally best practice in journalism, but, not mentioning race in this specific video is not doing it justice, especially because the word in question was a racial slur for black people.

"There is a male yelling at a lady on a bus" vs "There was a black male dressed like a gangster yelling at the lady for saying niga"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Yes, there is such a Korean word and yes it has nothing whatsoever to do with racisim.

This video is several years old. I remember it caused a huge scandal in the Far East expat community. They were so embarassed for months, especially the (very very) few black people who are there. It was all over Youtube too.

EDIT: it is from 27 August 2011,

"The foreigner in question is 24 years old, an American, and an English teacher. The victim was 61. This went down around 11:10pm Saturday on the bus from Moran Station to Bundang. One of the bus passengers called 112 (Five-Oh), and the bus driver stopped the bus in front of a nearby police station, where the foreigner was arrested. After completing their preliminary investigation, the police let the alleged ruffian go, but plan to call him in again tomorrow for further investigation."

Source: http://www.rjkoehler.com/2011/08/29/...little-korean/
    Sooo...why we Necroing old news treads? Trolling much?

Infracted - please do not call other posters trolls
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2013-04-24 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    typical black gangster "im all that" being a asshat. As if we dont already have enough uneducated idiots living up to their sterotypes. Nice job representing 'murica.
    This topic is just seeming to seethe American hatred...

I started two topics on this forum about the image of America and most of the replies were civil and people didn't hate America as much as it seems on the forum.

Also isn't this really just the typical gangster? I don't think race makes this gangster special from a Hispanic one.

Naturally peaceful? What is peace in their blood or something?[COLOR="red"]
    It's their culture, so yes, peace is kinda in their blood. Huge and aggressive people like this guy are unique in South Korea.

Deleted
    "you see diiiis rocks?"

Aw shit niga got them rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    It's their culture, so yes, peace is kinda in their blood. Huge and aggressive people like this guy are unique in South Korea.
    If you would've said culture, that I can understand lol, but "naturally x" has always been odd to me as we're all humans so we're all naturally alike, only our culture differs.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 05:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I wouldnt take it like that.

I dont think gangsta twats represent any American values, just like I dont think neds and chavs represent the people of the UK.

Problem is if that bus of Koreans hasnt engaged with Americans before then it sets a bad standard for them personally.
    I was going to bring up chavs lol. I had a few chav videos when I made my sarcastic post about English middleaged women, but never posted those.

This topic is just seeming to seethe American hatred...

I started two topics on this forum about the image of America and most of the replies were civil and people didn't hate America as much as it seems on the forum.

Also isn't this really just the typical gangster? I don't think race makes this gangster special from a Hispanic one.
    I am american, so most definitely was not hating on america, rather the thug sterotype associated with gangster black males. The thought of this "thug" getting irate because of the word "niga" is repulsive, yes, i have a particular dislike for that specific sterotype because in america, it is all to prevalent.

Typical nignog

Deleted
    He should get thrown of the bus at full speed.

By the way, what kind of person films the entier thing rather than, you know, actually helping?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    By the way, what kind of person films the entier thing rather than, you know, actually helping?
    Really wish people would stop applying their cultural values and behaviors on to others.

South Koreans and Japanese would never react in the way you describe. It's just not part of their culture. Even to film a conflict is quite an extraordinary thing for them!

Anyway, the police were involved ultimately, which is surely far more preferable to any other option in a civilized country, including the West.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Really wish people would stop applying their cultural values and behaviors on to others.

South Koreans and Japanese would never react in the way you describe. It's just not part of their culture. Even to film a conflict is quite an extraordinary thing for them!

Anyway, the police were involved ultimately, which is surely far more preferable to any other option in a civilized country, including the West.
    Culture is irrelevant, stepping in is the right thing to do, he was on top of her screaming and manhandling and they are just willing to let that happen? Great culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh, its why i hate my own country so much =.=. Idiocy

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    Sigh, its why i hate my own country so much =.=. Idiocy
    Yeah ignore all the nice Americans and focus on the foolish ones....

Lets play this game worldwide!!!

England - Bunch of racist chavs
    France - Smelly rude people
    Ireland - Alcoholics
    Germany - Loud, Rude, and probably some nazi.
    Russian - Corrupt, odd slavic Nazi which is about as weird as Jewish Nazi's.
    Americans - obviously they're all loud and rude and only care about themselves and they're fat too.

You get no where basing your opinions of a country of those that are douches to begin with. Why doesn't America stereotyped in positive light for giving the most of their own income to donations?
    Last edited by Themius; 2013-04-23 at 10:22 PM.

Deleted
    Why doesn't America stereotyped in positive light for giving the most of their own income to donations?
    Because of mainstream media? I think most americans would find it hilarious (or sad) what kind of picture the media is sending out about them in europe atleast. Obviously most people know it's not the entire truth but I'd assume a LOT of people actually think there's nothing else to the US than putting money in front of anything in life, drugs, ghettos and crime. That's where all the anti-americanism in the internet stems as well I'd assume.

If you would've said culture, that I can understand lol, but "naturally x" has always been odd to me as we're all humans so we're all naturally alike, only our culture differs.[COLOR="red"]
    Not really, we're different, ''naturally''.

There is significant difference between humans of difference races, but I don't want to get on that subject because I always end up getting banned and besides it's off-topic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    There is significant difference between humans of difference races, but I don't want to get on that subject because I always end up getting banned and besides it's off-topic.
    There really is not.

1. The human species is remarkable in the animal kingdom for having an extremely uniform phenotype (expression of DNA). There are also genetically more differences between individuals than there are between ethnic groups. This is scientifically proven.

2. Whatever differences do exist between groups are dwarfed by differences due to history, economics, culture, geography and even weather. There is copious evidence for this in history and science.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-04-23 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    You know what amazes me most? That the people around her did not help her or hold him back. Seriously pathetic.
    We don't know what happened next. They may have. If you've ever been in a situation like that, you know the worst thing you can do is make this guy more angry. 9 out 10 times he's gonna rage, cooldown enough, and walk off the bus looking like an idiot. Stepping up, getting in his face, even very calmly trying to move him, will only act to escalate the situation. You also have no idea if this guy has a concealed blade or other weapon on him. At this point, provoking him will only lead to potentially finding out, which isn't worth it. The best thing to do is stay close, stay alert, and if he escalates things to a physical level, and you feel if you don't step in immediately, he's going to hurt someone, then you step in. Otherwise you just stand there, and focus on not fighting him, because as satisfying as that would be, I assure you, it will not end well, regardless of who wins. If you throw a fist, you're not just stooping to his level, you're stooping below it. At least he was just being verbally abusive and physically intimating. You don't solve problems with fists, you just create more, that's coming from personal experience and a long time of thinking the same way you were.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2013-04-23 at 11:00 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah ignore all the nice Americans and focus on the foolish ones....

Lets play this game worldwide!!!

England - Bunch of racist chavs
    France - Smelly rude people
    Ireland - Alcoholics
    Germany - Loud, Rude, and probably some nazi.
    Russian - Corrupt, odd slavic Nazi which is about as weird as Jewish Nazi's.
    Americans - obviously they're all loud and rude and only care about themselves and they're fat too.

You get no where basing your opinions of a country of those that are douches to begin with. Why doesn't America stereotyped in positive light for giving the most of their own income to donations?
    Russians are more - fat drunk people, wearing tons of make up and wearing fake brand clothing of all colors, who can't speak English and shout at everyone in Russian who doesn't understand them. Which is a stereotype and describes only the minority of Russian tourists (44%)