MOP raids compared to previous

Hey all, just curious, if it's even possible to compare, but how are these MoP raids compared to older ones?

I raided back in Vanilla(MC/BWL/Ony) which were epic for my age at the time. I also really liked Karazhan/Gruuls/Naxxramas/ICC/BWL/BoT. Something about these were appealing to me, not sure why.

I have only done LFR's tank n spank boss fights, so I'm not sure if this is giving me a super bad impression, thus making me not give a crap about raiding, OR the sheer overwhelming feeling of trying to find a solid raiding guild/spot that aren't night owls. I'd hate to finish leveling my warlock to just go through heroics, farm a ton and do LFRs, to eventually in a month get up to/near par with others in DPS, just to find out it's boring >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    you get out of it what you put into it. dont try to compare it to older raids. they should all have their own memories. make new ones now instead of trying to recreate the same old memories from yesteryear.

the raids are fun with fun people. friends, guildies. i also think some of the fights have been super interesting. but, i dont try to compare old to new either. so its easier for me to accept everything, and find the fun in them.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2013-04-23 at 03:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

todays raids are a lot tougher. I can't even describe the difference. Todays raiders need to have quick reflexes and know the mechanics to all fights. With gear it gets easier of course but if you are coming in and never done those before it's going to be like walking through a tornado. Even if you find a good guild most of them are on ToT or ToEs while you would still need to get a good ilvl to contribute which means either grinding lfr till ilvl 495+ or doing msv/hof. HoF has some mechanics that can really be difficult the first time. Msv isn't too bad though.

If you are looking for a challenge then yes it is worth it.

In my opinion this has been the toughest expansion so far.

However I can see the next raid being abit easier as it will be the last, im not sure why I think that, I just do

lol at least itll probably have a debuff too

Harder, more complex mechanics and totally linear are the terms that come to mind to seperate them from raids from earlier expansions.

I think it has been harder trough more player are better now with theire characters as they were in the past compared to old raids (Almost nobody used pre pot in BC in my Guild at that time..now I have seen only a few who still do not pre-pot for example).

I have actually enjoyed raiding this tier. Linear layouts are how I feel it should be. Clear one zone to go to the next. None of this skipping crap. Mechanics have been fun to learn (I actually enjoyed learning Durumu), but it has been a bit frustrating at times. Triceratops from hell comes to mind... Blizz has preached bring the player not the class but you almost had to have a pally, druid, and/or sham/priest to get all the dispels for that fight. Not fun the 1st few weeks at all!

Definetly mechanicaly quite complicated tier for average/casual guilds. But i guess things will get a bit easier when 5.3 and gear upgrades will come - cause people will overgear some mechanics and learn all rest. But wouldnt be to surprised if we see some more drop in raid completion ratio and raiding people overall - cause some will just give up and switch to lfr for the time being.

10+ Year Old Account
    The previous and current tier are just way too big for my liking. We raid casual 3 days a week (9h total) and killed sha heroic 2 weeks prior to the launch of ToT, which basically means going from one long progress cycle into a new one. Personally I'd like to take a break between tiers. The fact that there are 12 bosses means that you have to reserve quite some time for clearing every week, which limits progress time. And the fact that tunderforged items can drop off any boss means that it's rather hard to decide to skip clearing bosses (even more because of tier tokens/trinkets that are needed for further progress). I can understand that 12 bosses is a great number for those hardcore guilds who raid a lot in the first weeks, but it put quite a strain on those 3/4 days a week guilds who usually clear all content prior to a new tier. And the fact that this is the most stupid trash ever doesn't really help it either.

As for fight specifics: this tier is the first one where certain 'abilities' made me consider to quit raiding altogether, a few random examples:
    - you have been wiping for 2 hours on a hard heroic boss, and then on your corpse run while checking mmo you hit by accident some trap that pulls trash ...
    - the pools on ji-kun heroic where it's not very clear where they actually end, so you think you are out of them, dispel and the raid blows up ... same thing for sand traps on horridon
    - the direhorn spirit on horridon has to be the most annoying ability in the history of raiding (I play ele shaman). annoying does not equal hard or interesting
    - it's the first time that I actually hit the max amount of macro's (both class/general ones), and have more abilities/acros than I have space on my actionbars, even when using action bar swapping

I have the feeling that a lot of abilities/features are added that are just plain annoying, they add little to the encounter/experience.

My favourite tier remains T11, a good mix of fights, it gave you some freedom where you wanted to go and it was pretty challenging. The current tier is the one I've been enjoying the least since I started raiding.

15+ Year Old Account
    You may feel let down because you're running the MoP LFRs - in quite a lot of these, you can ignore any semblance of the "proper" strategy and just brute-force them down while healing through raid damage that would otherwise be catastrophic.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Capell View Post
    I think it has been harder trough more player are better now with theire characters as they were in the past compared to old raids (Almost nobody used pre pot in BC in my Guild at that time..now I have seen only a few who still do not pre-pot for example).
    I remember pots being on a cd and not "1 a fight", so no real reason to prepot you just potted when you had everything up and ready for dmg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Capell View Post
    The main reason nobody "pre-potted" back in BC was because potions functioned differently- they had a 2-3 min CD, and could be used whenever off CD. Now, you get to use one per combat session. Back then you didnt WANT to pre-pot because you wanted the max uptime on the dps buff. Now, you WANT to prepot so that you could have a good extra amount of time with that damage buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Pros : Lot of bosses, and mechanics do seem interesting for lot of them
    Cons : Poor tuning(normal), too much trash, linear with single lockout, too high ilvl req. It just seems that they tried to artificially delay progression

Mechanics vary by boss(ToES is outright horrible while MSV and HoF had better bosses, ToT doesn't seem too bad).
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2013-04-24 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    The main reason nobody "pre-potted" back in BC was because potions functioned differently- they had a 2-3 min CD, and could be used whenever off CD. Now, you get to use one per combat session. Back then you didnt WANT to pre-pot because you wanted the max uptime on the dps buff. Now, you WANT to prepot so that you could have a good extra amount of time with that damage buff.
    I believe they changed that functionality in early BC. By the time we hit Black Temple and Hyjal, (maybe even SSC and TK), we had the 2 potion system that we have now.

They changed it when people were using Flasks of Invulnerability to ezmode Gruul.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-04-24 at 03:59 AM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    I believe they changed that functionality in early BC. By the time we hit Black Temple and Hyjal, (maybe even SSC and TK), we had the 2 potion system that we have now.

They changed it when people were using Flasks of Invulnerability to ezmode Gruul.
    I was still chain-chugging mana pots when I first tried healing on my shaman at Archavon.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)