Can someone please tell them to fix the SW music?

I don't know what incompetent intern did this at the start of Cataclysm, but whenever you exit a building inside SW city (bank, AH, shops etc) the old Path of Heroes music that ONLY used to play when entering SW through the front gates starts playing.

It's ridiculous, this little bit of music used to give me chills and remind me of my first time entering SW 8 years ago, now I'm utterly sick of it, it's worn itself out since no one's fixed it for 3 years.

I'm life banned from the official forums cause I told a dumb admin there to do his job and stop showing favoritism to trolls and start defending people whose threads are getting insulted by petty remarks like "tl;dr" and "qq". Yeah, so much for freedom of speech.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this for real?
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Is this for real?
    of course its for real....alliance always have something to cry about

Easy fix: turn off your sound.

And I'm pretty sure you're perma banned for a bigger reason then what you're telling.

EDIT: You're back from your vacation already? Welcome back...
    Last edited by Pebrocks The Warlock; 2013-04-27 at 02:19 AM.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by InsertStrangeNameHere View Post
    of course its for real....alliance always have something to cry about
    Really did you need to go there?

Try turning sounds off or down, or submit a *bug* report ingame, I think it's not the worst issue in the world !

EDIT: Actually ingame atm, and am running about SW and not having this issue at all;o

10+ Year Old Account
    The only music I'm pissed about is the same musical sting that always plays when you enter vale of eternal blossoms. The vale has such beautiful music otherwise... but it's always ruined for me by the giant "BWAAAAAAAHHH" segment you get when leaving your faction shrine.

Besides, the Stormwind theme is quite nice.

I would like to know, however, why one of the "fall of Theramore" themes begins playing, at around the same time for all players, in SW periodically.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-04-27 at 03:05 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Hehe -I remember that back when I went I was playing Cataclysm. It annoyed the hell out of me too. :P

Every time I ran out of the bank to the AH, and visa versa, I always verbally said with the music "Daaaaahhhh, dah, daaaah, dah dah daaaaaaah, dah daaa dah dah daaaaaaah, da daaaaaaah daaaaaaaaaaaaaah...."

It truly was always an epic moment of Alliance pride via my legendary acoustical accompaniment when I ran from the steps of the bank to the steps of the AH... it was rather like walking out of the AH every time feeling like I became the one billionth customer. :P
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-04-27 at 02:51 AM.

Wow thanks Mvallas, as always I feel like you're one of the rare human beings on online forums.

Can't believe you actually agree with me too, so happy. Exactly like you said, it's so anti-climactic hearing that segment start over and over and over especially when you make multiple trips. And it's NOT THAT I DON'T LIKE THE MUSIC. I DO. But it just keeps looping over and over when you exit a building to the point where this great song starts pissing the hell out of you.

It makes no sense to take the SW epic entrance song and just loop it over and over when you exit buildings instead of letting the regular track play its course.

And Kaleredar, I think they just wanted to keep the musical atmosphere fresh, but it sounds kind of out of place sings it starts playing in the randomest places.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the issue is probably that different parts of Stormwind use different pieces of music, so whenever you cross into a different subzone of the city it's scripted to switch to that musical piece. It just happens that a lot of them use the old Stormwind theme. That could be technically challenging to correct, depending on how it's coded, which would make it not a very high priority to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    Wow thanks Mvallas, as always I feel like you're one of the rare human beings on online forums.

Can't believe you actually agree with me too, so happy. Exactly like you said, it's so anti-climactic hearing that segment start over and over and over especially when you make multiple trips. And it's NOT THAT I DON'T LIKE THE MUSIC. I DO. But it just keeps looping over and over when you exit a building to the point where this great song starts pissing the hell out of you.

It makes no sense to take the SW epic entrance song and just loop it over and over when you exit buildings instead of letting the regular track play its course.

And Kaleredar, I think they just wanted to keep the musical atmosphere fresh, but it sounds kind of out of place sings it starts playing in the randomest places.
    If it gave you chills 8 years ago, and now you you're sick of it, well how is that the games fault? If you hate it that much, turn your sound off when you're in SW. And no offense, but if you were life banned from the official forums, remember that it isn't what you say sometimes, but how you said it.

I see that the Goblin engineers we hired to annoy the alliance players has been a smashing success. Another victory for the mighty horde!

since no one's fixed it for 3 years.
    Fixed would imply that it's broken. It appears to me that it is working as intended.

Yeah, so much for freedom of speech.
    This may be news to you, but you lose all credibility when you QQ about freedom of speech. There is no "freedom of speech" when you're on someone else's property (Blizzard forums). You abide by their rules, or you're gone. If someone came in to my home and I didn't like them, I'm kicking them out. Because they have freedom of speech, doesn't null my right to kick them out.

I like how the new songs play in SW now, and when the event music from the Cata blue dragon legendary staff would play, it has a very Alliance feel to it.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

I actually agree with the OP. The problem is that the track starts from the beginning after leaving every building. The track needs to start like half way through when exiting buildings and only start from the beginning when entering Stormwind from Elwynn Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    I actually agree with the OP. The problem is that the track starts from the beginning after leaving every building. The track needs to start like half way through when exiting buildings and only start from the beginning when entering Stormwind from Elwynn Forest.
    ...which is EXACTLY how the music operated prior to Cataclysm.

And to the other forum people I have to ask, please, the OP isn't threatening to quit over the music or saying the game is "broken". He's just airing an annoyance, that's all. Don't bag on him for that. :P
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-04-27 at 05:10 AM.

mvallas...you are my light in the darkness.

sTyLnK...please read what I type.

My god i thought i was the only one.
    That irritates me so much sometimes, especially if i'm making potions on my lock and going back and forth between mailbox/AH.

Deleted
    Yeah sometimes this annoys me too.

However I don't think this is a major problem.