Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrouswheel View Post
    Are you unemployed?
    Do you not care about personal hygiene?
    Do you not care about having friends or a gf/bf?

Gratz, you are now a hardcore raider. I enjoy having sex, showering and having money so alas I can never be in a top guild. I was excited when wowprogress started posting how many attempts it took each guild to down a boss. That was going to show who really has the skill but they removed it!
    Not sure if this is a serious statement -- however -- the number of attempts on a boss being used as a metric to skill doesn't make sense. Maybe between the guilds who did it the first week or so, but once strategies start becoming available and the raids overall item level increases, the attempt numbers start meaning less and less.

Is it really right to spit in the face of passion? Method, Blood Legion, whatever, are incredibly passionate about something. Who are you to judge someone on what they enjoy. Many great artists would forgo hygiene and social interactions for months to indulge what they were passionate about. Obviously they aren't hurting for money if they can afford to raid these ridiculous hours. Sometimes friends you meet online can be more fun and interesting than the people you know in real life. It's really shallow to judge people in such superficial ways.

I wish I were as passionate about anything in life that these people are... it must be nice to care about something that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokal View Post
    the amount of Russian hate this forum has makes me sad.
    I love Russian girls.

Quote Originally Posted by I-Swizzle-I View Post
    There is no such response and Russian isn't a race.
    Hey McCarthy Jr. , quit supporting nation bashing

Quote Originally Posted by Sfr528 View Post
    Not sure if this is a serious statement -- however -- the number of attempts on a boss being used as a metric to skill doesn't make sense. Maybe between the guilds who did it the first week or so, but once strategies start becoming available and the raids overall item level increases, the attempt numbers start meaning less and less.

Is it really right to spit in the face of passion? Method, Blood Legion, whatever, are incredibly passionate about something. Who are you to judge someone on what they enjoy. Many great artists would forgo hygiene and social interactions for months to indulge what they were passionate about. Obviously they aren't hurting for money if they can afford to raid these ridiculous hours. Sometimes friends you meet online can be more fun and interesting than the people you know in real life. It's really shallow to judge people in such superficial ways.

I wish I were as passionate about anything in life that these people are... it must be nice to care about something that much.
    With the in-game raid guide, where it explains exactly what each ability of the boss does and the testing on the PTR prior to release, strategies become less and less of a concern. They were once viable, when there was no dungeon journal and similar stuff, but pretty much every boss right now has exactly known abilities ('cept maybe for Ra-Den, even that was datamined I think) and it comes down to raid composition pretty much, you want one additional tank or more healers, everything else is like an open book - and you fiddle with that until the boss dies.

The poster you are quoting is basically right, even tho condescending and rude in nature, I don't know anyone in my surrounding that would be willing to spend ~100 hours a week on a video game. That said I'm in my 30s, so my surroundings are also somewhere there, and that's when you got other stuff to worry about and a game is a past time not something you invest everything in. I could take 3 weeks of work, but I certainly wouldn't want to spend it all on a game, some sure.

That said, I don't think I could have invested that much time even when I was a kid, my parents would kick me to school or force me to do homework, or when I would be in a faculty, I could probably spend more time on the game but nowhere close to that, so what those guild invest is borderline to being a social misfit - and really an cause for alarm to their parent and friends.

We're not talking bout money here, money can be earned and spent, I should know that, my other hobby except for gaming is remote control models, and I spend a shit ton of money on that, a RC model can costs up to $3000 (haven't bought one that expesnive yet), it's insane I know, but I earn and spend my money, however even whilst gaming and this other hobby I don't spend nearly close to the time this guys/girls spend in WoW alone.

Nobody spends that much time on anything, a week has 168 hours and they spend 112 hours of that said week only on that game, that is insane - do you think Usain Bolt, Michael Phelps, Sebastian Vettel, you name it spend close to 100 hours a week training and preparing for their next competition? And those guys actually make millions and millions of what they do - it's just insane - that's not how a human body functions.

As said above, I admire their dedication but don't envy them a bit, and personally I don't think investing that much time on something is normal, if this would be by kid, I would have unplugged the internet long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfr528 View Post

I don't think anyone is criticizing these raiders for their passion. I think that most just look at the amount of hours they raid and try to imagine how that raiding schedule would fit in with their own personal, busy schedules. We don't know what each life of a World First raider is like, so it's unfair to make assumptions for sure. We can safely argue, though, that if someone is spend 12-16 hours per day raiding for a few months out of the year (please also remember that most WF guilds do the PTR testing, which often occurs during normal business/working hours), something else is being sacrificed.

I do think that your artist analogy is somewhat flawed because, presumably, that artist is working towards getting paid for his or her art. Raiders are not getting paid, nor will they anytime soon. In the future, I strongly believe that professional gaming will happen on a bigger scale, but not now. If anything, these raiders are just helping pave the way for future gamers to make a living off of their hobbies.
    Skoldier for life.

I wasn't joking. They raid 16 hours a day that means the other 8 they are sleeping. That leaves no time for hygiene, hell I doubt they even make dinner. They probably live on pizza pockets and have their mom keep them stocked cause there is no way they are going outside. And there is no way a girl is going near them. I don't admire their passion, I only feel pity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascetina View Post
    Why people fixate on time spent on progression while ignore the fact that Ra-den has limited attempts restriction in place? You can say they "brutal forced" other bosses but I'd question that's the case for Ra-den.
    Because the twelve heroic bosses before Ra-den dont have limited attempts.

Deleted
    Are you unemployed?

Gratz, you are now a hardcore raider. I enjoy having sex, showering and having money so alas I can never be in a top guild. I was excited when wowprogress started posting how many attempts it took each guild to down a boss. That was going to show who really has the skill but they removed it!
    I rarely lmao so hard, thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus View Post
    Nobody spends that much time on anything, a week has 168 hours and they spend 112 hours of that said week only on that game, that is insane - do you think Usain Bolt, Michael Phelps, Sebastian Vettel, you name it spend close to 100 hours a week training and preparing for their next competition? And those guys actually make millions and millions of what they do - it's just insane - that's not how a human body functions.
    Phelps trains around 8h-10h a day before events like olympia, if i can remember correctly. BUT, he does that nearly "every" day a week for SEVERAL years (okay, let's go for 5 days a week). I was a triathlete back in the day. And I trained more time a week than I'm raiding right now. 5 day training a week, 2-3h each day, no training around christmas, but the rest of the year, and up to 2 competitions per weekend, and I was not at pro level, I was not even close. The training was need to succeed at a fairly low level. The really funny part is, even if you train this much you will not get any money. Most people at olympia do the sport in their spare time, and work the other time. Because people getting paid anough to life purely on sports are very rare (at least in the sports that are not super popular like soccer, etc). When Method is back to 1-2 days a week after 2 weeks of progress these guys still push the limits. Every. Day.

Or look at other games, like Starcraft 2. The Koreans pros train up 10-12h a day, EVERY DAY. Not just for 1-2 weeks every 4 month. Okay, it's their job, but people spend much more time on much things than method spends in WoW. Much. More.
    Last edited by Hubbl3; 2013-04-23 at 06:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    BL is being sponsored by Curse? That's new. We work with them every now and then but they're not the only top guild we work with out there, they're not even the ones at the top of the post.

So what complicated algorithm is used to decide who gets featured on the front page? How much money people send to my personal paypal account? How many trucks full of cookies they drive to my door? How many cute fluffy hippo plushies they give me? Those are all valid suggestions, but we go with kill order instead.

Top guilds have this vague rule of not spoiling encounters too much before a couple of guilds died, I'm not really sure it benefits the community to reward the people who can rush a video the fastest instead. I don't see why a guild should be penalized because they held their video for 10 days after their kill.
    Actually Bob it's pretty clear that chaud is quite biased regarding his 'news' posts about guilds, some people can be fooled but not all of us. The structure and timing of the 'news' posts about guild kills and videos across all the current tier in general are quite hilarious to say the least, the 'news' appear as soon as BL does something thou the same cannot be said about other guilds. At first chaud posted only videos of BL even if they didn't got WF (Primordius and Dark Animus) the excuses for doing so goes from 'BL released the video first' and 'Method is sponsored by a competing site' first claim is null since by the time he posted the video Method already released theirs also if the trend was to post the first released video then Exorsus Ra-den video should had been posted in this news thread, second claim is just false and even if truth I don't see the harm on it since MMOC always provided links to said site. Now my guess is that chaud realized that the community wasn't buying all this BL favoritism posts and he adopted a new tactic, since BL wasn't getting any WF or releasing any videos first, he just waited and waited for when either a BL video or kill happened and posted it together with the guild who got WF and released their video first, GENIUS! Now if hes featuring 2 different guilds why not 3, 4 or 5 as well?

There was a time that front page news used to reward the guild who deserved it the most with their 5 minutes of efame, now it all seems to be about the guild who got more 'connections' to MMOC staff. You should get out of your cave Bob and start doing impartial news posts like you used to, I feel MMOC is going downhill.

14-16 hours a day?

They must be getting paid massively well.

To the guy worried about video order: This has to be the first tier in a very long time that Paragon didn't already have their video ready, just waiting for 2nd and 3rd kills to come in. At that point, they would post their video, and the other ones would post theirs.

Are we doing a world first for kill video now too, or something?

Also, if Ra-Den is more like a "bonus boss", wouldn't Paragon get credit for the WF on Ra-Shen?
    Last edited by Azidonis; 2013-04-23 at 06:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spyke View Post
    Actually Bob it's pretty clear that chaud is quite biased regarding his 'news' posts about guilds, some people can be fooled but not all of us. The structure and timing of the 'news' posts about guild kills and videos across all the current tier in general are quite hilarious to say the least, the 'news' appear as soon as BL does something thou the same cannot be said about other guilds. At first chaud posted only videos of BL even if they didn't got WF (Primordius and Dark Animus) the excuses for doing so goes from 'BL released the video first' and 'Method is sponsored by a competing site' first claim is null since by the time he posted the video Method already released theirs also if the trend was to post the first released video then Exorsus Ra-den video should had been posted in this news thread, second claim is just false and even if truth I don't see the harm on it since MMOC always provided links to said site. Now my guess is that chaud realized that the community wasn't buying all this BL favoritism posts and he adopted a new tactic, since BL wasn't getting any WF or releasing any videos first, he just waited and waited for when either a BL video or kill happened and posted it together with the guild who got WF and released their video first, GENIUS! Now if hes featuring 2 different guilds why not 3, 4 or 5 as well?

There was a time that front page news used to reward the guild who deserved it the most with their 5 minutes of efame, now it all seems to be about the guild who got more 'connections' to MMOC staff. You should get out of your cave Bob and start doing impartial news posts like you used to, I feel MMOC is going downhill.
    Pretty much nailed it. I didnt remember what cases it were, but you reminded me.

Dont expect an answer besides avoiding, excuses or some-lines-which-should-you-make-look-stupid.
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2013-04-23 at 06:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why people are getting upset over the "ease" of the boss.

Look at his loot table. Nothing worth breaking your neck over. He's basically a bonus loot pinata for people who killed heroic Lei-shen.

A lore-tease if you will. That's all this boss is. The loot and achieves are there just to make you want to kill him.

Don't be upset the boss was easy, be upset you won't get to see him anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you unemployed?

Sco from Method actually does have a gf.

Deleted
    I wasn't joking. They raid 16 hours a day that means the other 8 they are sleeping. That leaves no time for hygiene, hell I doubt they even make dinner. They probably live on pizza pockets and have their mom keep them stocked cause there is no way they are going outside. And there is no way a girl is going near them. I don't admire their passion, I only feel pity.
    all i ever see from you is troll posts im suprised u aint been banned what i spend 16+ hours a day on wow and i live alone i dnt live with my parents so stop listening to all those little kids who say girls dnt play wow and the only people who do are spotty geeks who weigh 500 pounds please log out of mmo champion and dnt come back you wont be missed

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    all i ever see from you is troll posts im suprised u aint been banned what i spend 16+ hours a day on wow and i live alone i dnt live with my parents so stop listening to all those little kids who say girls dnt play wow and the only people who do are spotty geeks who weigh 500 pounds please log out of mmo champion and dnt come back you wont be missed
    My opinion =/= trolling. I'm just brusque, that's not against the rules. Also that dude up there that laughed, he'd probably miss me. So that's one.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    "I believe in the 5%"

Best comment ever, gj Method

Deleted
    I agree with Ferrouswheel and i also think its kind of sad to be sitting behind a computer for 16hours without maintaining yourself and having a job to support yourself and a gf and friends.
    I struggle to just complete some parts of raid finder these days, i log on wow 5 minutes later i log off as i do not have time anymore,nevermind 16hours of trying to kill a few bosses,thats insane, i used play wow for 7 hours a day and raid or try to raid for 2 hours and even hanging around in mumble i did not have the patience of waiting knowing that i could spend my time elsewhere.
    Now i got a job and a girlfriend i go out more i cannot be bothered with wow and im more happier than ever,i look to the past of my old sad 7 hour wow days and facepalm.
    I do feel sorry for big end raiders that dedicated 10+ hours a day to this game.they have no respect for themselves.they will also look back to the past one day and also facepalm and think *why did i waste all that time/life on a game when i could of done something/achieved something else/important in life.

GL to all those guys.

Deleted
    My opinion =/= trolling. I'm just brusque, that's not against the rules. Also that dude up there that laughed, he'd probably miss me. So that's one.
    yet people have already proven that you opinion is invalid cos u can still have a gf/bf and friends if u play 16hrs a day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    yet people have already proven that you opinion is invalid cos u can still have a gf/bf and friends if u play 16hrs a day
    You can even have a gf if you're a bum begging for money in the local mall. Of course they've gfs, since they also play WoW with them... well, dunno why I even care about them having gfs, but I doubt they've one who is not in the slightest interested in gaming.

Doesnt change the fact that WoW dictates their life, even outside WoW. You cant just log out for 5 months after progression ended.