Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Burning Rush in raids

Hello!

Being quite new to warlock world (switched not long ago) I, none the less know I might be late with such a thought, but I've began to think about picking up Burning Rush for the raids. I do not know if my reasons right or wrong but I am getting really tired of Kil'Jaeden's Cunning..Don't get me wrong, I love the spell it gives such a nice utility but the slowing effect has bit me in the behind more than.

Do you have Burning Rush? What do you use to make up for lost health (I am not sure I can rely on healers all the time)? And last but not least: how do you go around Kil'jaeden's Cunning?

thank you so much in advance!

You ONLY use it when you have to... usually you have either a stone or a soul leech shield big enough to negate actual boss damage (doesn't stop burning rush damage). I've found it useful for things like nightmares on tsulong, damn near every mechanic on lei shen and to get out of force of will on durumu.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabira View Post
    Hello!

Being quite new to warlock world (switched not long ago) I, none the less know I might be late with such a thought, but I've began to think about picking up Burning Rush for the raids. I do not know if my reasons right or wrong but I am getting really tired of Kil'Jaeden's Cunning..Don't get me wrong, I love the spell it gives such a nice utility but the slowing effect has bit me in the behind more than.

Do you have Burning Rush? What do you use to make up for lost health (I am not sure I can rely on healers all the time)? And last but not least: how do you go around Kil'jaeden's Cunning?

thank you so much in advance!
    Be aware of possible incoming damage and Burning Rush is just fine. Ji'kun's Downdraft is a good example. No incoming dmg and you're free to use BR. Zor'lok's disc dance is another perfect example how to use BR to counter the KJC debuff. As long as you don't use it very long oder while heavy dmg is incoming, you can easily rely on your healers. Best thing is to talk to your healers and ask wether they can handle it or not. Jin'rokh hc storm phase is probably a problem, our healers can't manage the dmg + BR so i'm stuck with using SacPact and don't getting the KJC debuff. So all in all, very situational.
    Last edited by mmocff0de3da04; 2013-04-23 at 08:37 AM.

I always raid with burning rush, i feel it improves my performance by being able to deal with certain mechanics faster, stuff like horridon charge, durumu puddle, primo buff pickup, iron qon mechanic avoidance, lei shen getting to your assigned platform or reaching that far away bouncing bolt). Playing destro, I can easily decide wether the health cost can be easily healed by all the passive raid healing or wether i need to pop a healthstone / ember.

Deleted
    I always raid with burning rush, but you do not just have it up constantly, if used properly the health cost isn't much of a concern, since it should be used for brief bursts of speed when needed or to counter slows such as during Iron Qon or Ji-kun.

Deleted
    I normally use Unbound Will, but I switch to Burning Rush for Durumu and Ji-Kun. Just turn it off after it served it purpose and don't tell your healers about it.

Deleted
    I like Burning Rush and it has its uses, but overall I prefer Unbound Will. You have your teleport, your portal, if you're engineer you have rocket boots, plenty of options to move fast/get away/to stuff.
    But you don't have anything like Unbound Will, just being able to shrug off various bad stuff and magic effects with a 60sec cooldown.... it's not as sexy as Burning Rush but a hell more useful imho. Unless of course there's just nothing in a fight that you'd need Unbound Will to dispell, then Burning Rush is sweet.

burning rush is great tbh. It has its downsides, but without it having downsides it would be too OP. Its great for Durumu, Horridon, jin rokh, Meagara, Twin Consorts, Lei Shen. And is great in general whenever you need to get someone where a little quicker
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    burning rush is great tbh. It has its downsides, but without it having downsides it would be too OP. Its great for Durumu, Horridon, jin rokh, Meagara, Twin Consorts, Lei Shen. And is great in general whenever you need to get someone where a little quicker
    I noticed that bosses that mindcontrol seem to like using burning rush, that grinds my gears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Deleted
    I've always a Symbiosis from a druid, using Rejuvenation outweighs the damage that Burning Rush inflicts on myself.

That said, healers daren't complain about 'needing' to heal me, i'm always the least damage taken member of the raid... By quite a margin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRidi View Post
    Zor'lok's disc dance is another perfect example how to use BR to counter the KJC debuff.
    That would be silly, since it isn't necesary at all. In any way shape or form. Not on normal, not on heroic.

I find Burning Rush to be very lack luster. It's nice to get behind the comet on Twins hc and good for keeping up with Ji-kun's downdraft, but the gcd + the healthcost puts me off from using it anywhere else, so far. I have the talent much of the time, but very rarely use it.
    Should be mentioned that I have rocket boosts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    That said, healers daren't complain about 'needing' to heal me, i'm always the least damage taken member of the raid... By quite a margin.

Shhh, they'll nerf Soul Leech.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... I've been using Burning Rush since day 1 of MoP. On top of that, I mained Destruction mainly, except for a large number of Heroic bosses during 5.1 because Affliction was simply OP.
    My main reasoning is: I easily offset any damage I do to myself with Burning Rush or Life Tap, with all my self-healing from: GoSac (Yes I'm still GoSac Destro due to being stubborn as Simcraft does not take +int procs into account), Mortal Coil, Soul Leech (Yes I run Soul Leech instead of Dark Regeneration, the silly amount of heal/absorb throughput it gives is insane, I soak entire Ionizations on Jin'Rokh HC without popping any CDs, due to the shield, for example), Siphon Life, Glyph of Health Stone, and Glyph of Ember Tap (when survival matters more than deeps), as well as massive Shadow Bulwark+Sac Pact absorbs.

Because I'm already running around with massive self-absorbs anyways, and do a nice amount of constant self-healing, dropping a total of 20% over 5 seconds is suddenly not that bad anymore. Especially if it means you can keep casting: Burning Rush nicely compensates for KJC's slow.
    -Running Jin'Rokh lightning to more optimal positions.
    -Positioning for Charge and Double Swipe on Horridon to offset KJC.
    -Getting out of the 20y impact zones of clusters of rocks on Tortos. Who cares about a tiny bit of HP when you can avoid 200-300k, which you otherwise can't?
    -Off-setting the KJC slow while jumping to and from platforms on Ji-kun. If you're 2stack KJC slowed, there's no way you make some platforms jumps.
    -Placing Lingering Gaze on Durumu on the very furthest edge of the platform.
    -Various positional plays you can make on Dark Animus with infinite sprints.
    -Getting in Dem Circle range faster on Iron Qon's Windstorm, so you don't waste gateway charges.
    -Running to the corner-statues on Twins if you're on walking-duty. You can sometimes find yourself really far from those damn statues when you need one...
    -Almost every Lei Shen ability. Catching Bouncing Bolts. Running from inside to fully out of range of Overcharges (or vice versa). Getting to the opposite quarter at the start of intermissions. Reducing damage of Thunderstruck.
    -Corpserunning! With Glyph of Healthstone and Glyph of Ember Tap, you can perma-sprint your way to awesomeness!

And that's just those that spring to mind, in just this tier.
    Become a reckless warlock like warlocks should be. Get trigger-happy on the Burning Rush. Even with shitty healers, it's more than worth it to simply throw that shit on whenever you need to move. Really really really hate straining your healer? Become Destruction and say to yourself: "Well, I guess I could Burning Rush where others would Life Tap", and use Burning Rush anyways!
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Burning rush is amazing, saved my life more than i can count, when u enable it takes a gcd but u can disable it while casting malefic grasp for example, make a weakaura or something along those lines to see it when its on.

edit: ^ what he said, derp.

Quote Originally Posted by hamsterbom View Post
    I noticed that bosses that mindcontrol seem to like using burning rush, that grinds my gears.
    I just set up a weakaura with a huge burning rush icon whenever it's active so I don't forget to turn it off after that happens.

Deleted
    Burning Rush all the way baby!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    That would be silly, since it isn't necesary at all. In any way shape or form. Not on normal, not on heroic.

I find Burning Rush to be very lack luster. It's nice to get behind the comet on Twins hc and good for keeping up with Ji-kun's downdraft, but the gcd + the healthcost puts me off from using it anywhere else, so far. I have the talent much of the time, but very rarely use it.
    Should be mentioned that I have rocket boosts as well.
    Qon is another good one because I setup my own portal for wind phase i rush to get within range quick. Lei Shen is another one when I have to run across the platforms. Without rocket boots it is quite nice to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    That would be silly, since it isn't necesary at all.
    Well, if you intend to keep dpsing during Attenuation (which you should), it was the only way to keep up with the raid when using the "run in circle" strategy. So, it's not really silly at all.

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    Well, if you intend to keep dpsing during Attenuation (which you should), it was the only way to keep up with the raid when using the "run in circle" strategy. So, it's not really silly at all.
    Granted, I'm not generally running heroic raids, so there may be a mechanic I'm missing that would be a reason to stay with the group, but I've never found BR necessary to stay out of danger during Attenuation even with KJC's snare. Proper positioning was generally all that I needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burning rush is 100% required on some fights.

Ji'Kun comes to mind. You need it for downdraft unless you want to tele back to the middle and risk eating a talon strike.
    You also won't make the jump down to nests unless you have BR or get a speed buff from someone else.