Deleted

Ideas for possible new specs?

First of all sorry for my bad english.
    What you guys think it could be done to do an additional spec for all the classes (exept druids ofc )? I'ts an old topic, but is always cool to think these things will happen eventually one day just for fun!

I'll start with some of my opinions for a new spec
    Death Knight
    i'll start saying that i would like to see a change to unholy. Unholy should be all about diseases, damage over time, things like that, but melee , so no ghoul.
    The new spec could be something like a minion master.
    What i mean with that is that you go meleee and summon different kind of minions with different abilities for different situations
    Im not talking about permanent minions. Just minions that you can summon with regularity, maybe ore than one at time, and that go away after X seconds, just like timmy. So you could cast like the ghoul, skeletal warrior, undead mage, things like that, similar to warlock in some ways but different.

Paladin
    This is old, but long range caster paladin is always cool

Shaman
    This is also old, but Shammy tank is really appealing, and maybe not that impossible to do.

Mage
    I'd like to see a mages actually using their main weapon to do big part of their damage, so a bit like a battle mage. still using different spells, but with this difference.

Hunter
    It's not really possible to be done right now, but the melee hunter was really cool as idea, much like Rexxar.

Rogue
    Ranged assassin ! another class using bows and crossbow with roguish style

Monk
    Here i woul'd like to split in 2 the windwalker spec. One spec can only go without weapons, the other going with weapons. Of course with different mechanics as well

Priest
    Holy caster dps long range

Warrior
    a Knight spec. Shield one hand, polearm other hand doing dps with both of them

Warlock
    Warlock tank! using pets and auto healing abilities

10+ Year Old Account
    My own feelings.

Death Knight
    i'll start saying that i would like to see a change to unholy. Unholy should be all about diseases, damage over time, things like that, but melee , so no ghoul.
    What i mean with that is that you go meleee and summon different kind of minions with different abilities for different situations
    Im not talking about permanent minions. Just minions that you can summon with regularity, maybe ore than one at time, and that go away after X seconds, just like timmy. So you could cast like the ghoul, skeletal warrior, undead mage, things like that, similar to warlock in some ways but different.
    Ranged DK caster more in line with Second War Death Knights. Defiler, something of that sort.

Paladin
    Inquisitor Ranged Paladin.

Shaman
    This is also old, but Shammy tank is really appealing, and maybe not that impossible to do.
    Earthwarden Shaman Tank

Mage
    I'd like to see a mages actually using their main weapon to do big part of their damage, so a bit like a battle mage. still using different spells, but with this difference.
    Battlemage Mage Tank. Aspects of Spellbreakers too.

Hunter
    It's not really possible to be done right now, but the melee hunter was really cool as idea, much like Rexxar.
    Survivalist Hunter Healer. Herbal remedies, bandages, pets protecting raid members as a 'shield'.

Rogue
    You mean hunters without a pet? Poisons, bows, stealth-- they're the same thing. The only difference between hunters and rogues anymore is the range/melee divide and pets.

Duelist Rogue Tank. Offhand weapon no longer deals damage, becomes more of a shield. Slower offhands 'block' more, faster offhands 'block' more often.

Monk
    Here i woul'd like to split in 2 the windwalker spec. One spec can only go without weapons, the other going with weapons. Of course with different mechanics as well
    Firedancer Ranged Monk. Fire arrows, fire shots, based on the red crane of hope. Lore exists stating that Chi-ji's feathers are very valued as fletching, associating him with bow users.

Priest
    I see no problem with that, seperate Attonement from Discipline.

Warrior
    Shield based DPS spec a la what you proposed, or a second tank spec (like priests, as the traditional healer, get two healing specs; Warriors as the traditional tank get two tank specs. Shieldless)

Warlock
    Dark Apoethesis separated into its own spec. Pets only exist for utility and damage, pets do not tank for themselves. Please god, no tanks based on retarded pet AI.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

New mage spec: Nerfbat
    Only one spell and one passive:
    Nerfbat: Nerfs the target to oblivion
    Passive skill: Legacy of ghostcrawler: You are immune to nerfs

Deleted
    Only gonna mention a few where I have, I think, viable ideas. Not gonna go with some conventional ideas like ranged dps paladin because I think a general 4th spec should give pure dps classes a chance to catch up a bit in hybridization. Just giving the already very-hybrid classes another role to fill would give them another advantage over currently pure, then pure+1 non-dps spec classes.
    Mage
    Not Battle Mage, but a fourth Time-bases spec. They started giving Mage some Time-themed spells, go all the way, give them a Time healer spec. The theme would work perfectly, Time, reverse damage and all that.

Hunter
    A petless spec, possibly melee. Hell, go big or go home, make it a Demon Hunter spec, melee dps, dual-wield.
    Or to hybridize them, Tank. Or rework Beastmaster into a Tank spec and give them the DH spec as a 4th.

Rogue
    Boring, bot Evasion based Tank.

Monk
    In order not to hybridize them even more (that would be ranged dps) - yeah, weapons-based Monk, all abilities change by the equipped weapon(s), you could actually see the weapons in combat etc. Weapons Master or something.

Priest
    Agree with the Holy DPS spec.

Warrior
    2H Tank. Remove the monopoly DKs have on that right now.

Warlock
    Tank spec. They even already got a tank-style ability via the Glyph of Demon Hunting, just go all the way with the idea. Maybe have it work like the Druid's current 4th spec, split Demonology into two specs, one DPS, one tanking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Knights

Rune: Death Knights empower their runes (Blood, Unholy, and Frost) to such a point that it enhances both their Runes, and the spells associated with those Runes. In addition, the Death Knight receives new Rune-based abilities.

:::Sample Abilities:::

+Empower Rune:: Empowers your Frost, Unholy, or Blood Runes, granting new effects for selected abilities, and some new abilities. Only one type of Rune can be empowered at a given time.

+Shield of Runes :Covers the caster in magic runes, absorbing up to X damage. If X damage is absorbed, this damage in converted into a powerful burst of energy, increasing the caster's damage by X% for 15 sec.

+Rune of Power :40 yard Range, Summons a Rune of Power under a random friendly target. This rune increases damage by X% of all friendly and enemy targets within 5 yards. Lasts 1 min. Only one Rune of Power can be summoned at a time per DK.

+Rune of Death:40 yard range, Summons a Rune of Death at a random enemy target's location. This rune deals X Shadow damage every half-second to anyone within X yards of that location.

+Runic Presence: Increases the range of your empowered abilities by 5 yards. Increases spell power and attack power by X%. Increases your maximum amount of Runic power by 20.

Justification: Rune is a much more sensible option than Necrmancy. Not only does it make a lot more sense, it doesn't clash with other specs. Also this concept does allow a Death Knight to play like a Necromancer if they choose Empower Unholy Rune.

Druids

N/A

Justification: Druids already have a fourth spec.

Hunter

Ranger: A healing spec that allows Hunters to heal targets at ranger and use their pets to assist in the healing of injured allies. Rangers would still use Focus as a resource.

+Aspect of the Spirit Beast: Converts your damaging abilities into healing abilities. Arcane Shot, Serpent Sting, Steady Shot, Multi Shot, and your traps are all renamed and given healing abilities. Hunter's Mark now enhances the healing done to a target.

+ Guardian Spirit:You summon a spirit guardian that flies over the party, healing allies for x seconds.

+Improved Mending: Mend Pet's healing is enhanced, and it can now be cast on allied targets.

+Trailblazer: An aura that heals all allies as they move for a small amount.

Justification: Rangers have traditionally been rescuers and life savers, so the name makes sense. It would also be a nice WoW twist on the concept. In addition, Marksmanship can be the petless Hunter spec, and Survival or Beast Mastery could be made into melee specs if so desired.

Mage

Chrono: A healing spec that allows Mages to heal targets utilizing Time Magic.

+Temporal Shield: Envelops a target in a temporal shield for 6 sec. Damage taken while shielded will be healed back over 8 secs. Can be cast on multiple targets.

+Slow Time: Envelops a 10 yard area in a field of slower time. Enemy projectiles and enemies caught in the field are slowed. Any damage taken by an ally target is spread over time. Damage over Time is reduced and spread over a much longer period of time.

+Expansion: Extends the duration and intensity of beneficial healing over time abilities and shields. Does the same for DoT effects on enemies.

+Wormhole: Teleports a target to your location, healing them in the process.

+Temporal Reset: Instantly refreshes a target's cooldowns. If that is too powerful, it should only work on the Mage.

Justification: Mages already possess time abilities, and there really is no other DPS route available to them. A healing tree would also go a long way towards diversifying the class without losing their unique flavor.

Monk

Cloud Dancer: A Monk that specializes in long range energy attacks, while maintaining its melee prowess.

+Stance of the Red Crane: Increases your maximum amount of Chi by 1. Increases your movement speed by 10% Your ranged Chi-based attacks have a chance to refund Chi. etc.

Chi Blast: Blasts an enemy with chi, inflicting Nature damage.

Chi Form: Transcends the mortal realm, gaining new powers and abilities. (Super Saiyan mode?)

Invoke Chi-Ji, the Red Crane: Invokes the Red Crane Celestial, summoning an effigy at the command of the caster. While active, Chi-Ji will increase the mastery of all party and raid members by 20% for 45 sec. (cooldown)

Death Cocoon: (2 Chi. Channeled, 2 min cooldown) Encases the target in a harmful cocoon of Chi energy, dealing 5 damage every 1 sec and causing any healing recieved to be damage instead. While in the Cocoon, the target moves at 50% reduced speed and is unable to attack or cast spells.

Rolling Force Globe: (40 yd range, 1 Chi, 2 min cooldown) You summon a globe of Chi energy, dealing damage and healing all targets within its path within 40 yards. While it's traveling, you can discharge the Globe, dealing x damage/healing to all targets at its current location and reducing/increasing all targets movement speed by 70% for 3 sec, but cancelling the Sphere.

Justification: On Pandaria, there are 4 celestials, the Ox, Tiger, Serpent, and Crane. Playable Monks only utilize 3 of those celestials. There are Red Crane Monks in the Temple of the Crane, and Ranged DPS is the only role that Monks can't really do. Plus, it would fulfill a lot of Battle Mage desires for a lot of folks.

[b]Paladin[/u]

Templar: Ranged DPS spec utilizing Holy damage. Templars would use a variety of holy-based damage attacks. It would be the Shockadin that everyone has always wanted.

+Titan's Hammer: Throws a hammer of holy power towards a target, damaging up to 3 targets before returning to the Paladin.

+ Holy Bolt: Slams your hammer into the ground, causing a bolt of holy power to hit a target.

+ Holy Shield: Your shield absorbs a harmful spell, empowering the Paladin for a time.

Justification: Another use for INT plate, and this has been a requested spec for years. Do I really need to justify this?

Priest

Inquisitor: A priest who uses his holy and shadow powers to torture perceived enemies of the light.

:::Sample Abilities::::

None really come to mind. However, I would imagine that this spec would use mix of Holy and Shadow magic to do some nasty things to opponents. Holy to damage the body, Shadow to damage the mind.

Justification: Priests have 2 healing specs and 1 DPS spec. If 4th spec occurs, another DPS spec seems logical. Since Shadow is already covered, a mixture of Holy and Shadow seems like an interesting path to go. Also Inquisitors work with the lore of priests in WoW.

Rogue

Stalker: This one could go either way. Either a tank that utilizes shadow, evasion, or illusions, or a Bow/crossbow user that uses stealth, tricks and guile to defeat his opponents from afar. For this write up, I went with the later. Perhaps they could dual wield Crossbows and/or pistols? Arrows or Shots would be laced with poison.

+Sinister Shot: Fires an arrow at a target for increased damage. Awards 1 combo point. Replaces Sinister Strike.

+Hooked Arrow: Fires an arrow that lodges itself into a target's body. Dealing bleed damage based on combo points.

Justification: The game needs another bow class, and Rogues need a new playstyle since their current specs are very similar. Seems like the perfect match. A ranged spec would help with that situation without having to make the class a hybrid. If the class needs to be a hybrid, one of the melee specs, perhaps Combat could become a tanking spec.

Shaman

Guardian: Earth-based tank spec. Utilizes Shields (or 2H weapons) and Earth spells to protect allies.

:::Sample Abilities::::

+Rockbiter Weapon: Tanking imbue. Reduces damage, chance to get critically hit, and causes large amounts of threat.

+Imbue Shields: Frostbrand, Flametonge, and Rockbiter weapon can now be used on your shields, providing a range of defensive effects.

+Elemental Harmony: You can now cast more than one of your Earth, Wind, and Water totems at a time.

+Ascendance: Earth Ascendant that taunts opponents in the area, reduces damage, causes instant Earthquakes, and launches boulders at targets.

Justification: Earth, Wind, Fire, Water are the four elements that Shaman use, yet only Wind, Fire, and Water have specs attached to them. Also Shaman have a lot of tanking aspects, like Rockbiter Weapon, that have no real use in the current 3 spec set up.

Warlock

Demon Hunter/Apotheosis: Tanking spec, or Melee DPS spec. Either one works.

This is either going to be the glyph, or Blizzard is going to created a DH spec for Warlocks.

Justification: Warlocks have about half a spec locked into a glyph. Demon Hunters are popular, but may not be class worthy. A cloth tank could be a nice change of pace for the game.

Warrior

Blademaster: A warrior that uses speed and cunning to overwhelm foes with quick strikes of his blade.

+Wind Walk: Turn invisible and move about 20% faster. When you attack an opponent coming out of Wind Walk, the attack is a critical hit.

+Mirrored Images: The warrior makes 2 additional copies of itself, confusing targets.

+Blade Frenzy: As you strike your target, your attack speed gradually increases into you critically strike, resetting the process.

+Standard bearer: You pick up your war banner, placing it onto you back, and carry it into battle, making its effects mobile.

Thanks for reading!!

Deleted
    all good ideas! really like what you came up with!

10+ Year Old Account
    Right here:

http://www.wowpedia.org/User:GoldenY...The_Art_of_War

I don't want to transcribe everything, so here's my favorite one.

Death Knight - Lich

A fearsome dark warrior who has unlocked the full power of undeath to become a lich.

In the wake of the Lich King's demise, some death knights have embraced undeath completely, making the transformation into lichdom. Shedding most of their physical form and becoming creatures of powerful magic, Lich Knights trade martial prowess with their rune-weapons for deadly spell-casting abilities.

Death Knights who choose the Lich specialization use Lich Form to transform themselves into liches, allowing them to deal magical damage at long range. Liches can make use of every aura to unlock their ranged abilities, but can only effectively use an aura for a short time before needing to switch to another. Frost and Unholy auras are used to deal damage, while Blood aura is used to protect the Lich from damage.

*Unholy Aura of the Lich - Transforms all runes into Unholy Runes. Grants some of the Death Knight's unholy melee abilities a 40 yard range and allows the Death Knight to use Runic Energy instead of runes. Prevents the use of certain abilities. Unholy Aura consumes Unholy Runes over time. Unholy Runes regenerate when Unholy Aura is not active. Blood and Frost auras operate in a similar manner.
    *Runic Shell - Surrounds the Lich in an aura that reduces all magical damage taken. The aura also has a chance to reflect a certain number of direct damage spells back at the caster.
    *Phylactery - The Lich places its phylactery at a target location. When reduced to below 15% health, the Lich automatically teleports to the phylactery. If the phylactery is destroyed, the Lich takes 20% of its total health as damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Macilento View Post
    First of all sorry for my bad english.
    What you guys think it could be done to do an additional spec for all the classes (exept druids ofc )? I'ts an old topic, but is always cool to think these things will happen eventually one day just for fun!

I'll start with some of my opinions for a new spec
    Death Knight

Paladin

Shaman

Mage

Hunter

Rogue

Monk

Priest

Warrior

Warlock
    I think if all classes can tank/heal, it would be great, Que time will be lower, sometimes i wished that i could tank on my Warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Macilento View Post
    OP
    A lot of the popular recyled ideas, some I liked. Personally I preferred Unholy when I could tank and go ghoulless. So, I would say second tanking spec, but beyond that I really don't care how it's implemented, just a taste of what DK's originally were like in Wrath.

Paladins already have a casting spec, it's Holy. It's boring, and I hate doing stuff as Holy (even though it's not too bad). I don't know what Blizzard *would* add, but I want to see Support specializations implemented. Maybe not a true 4th role, but somewhat a return to Classic/TBC ideals when all specs brought something unique. That or a Spellbreaker/Templar kind of spec, anti-magic Tank/control.

Um Hunter, melee + beast + trap is/was a cool idea. Don't think I'll ever see it implemented. Think that's why they went away from classes having weapon/ranged weapon/totem stuff.

Priest, personally I'd rather see something like a Cleric. Screw the weapon skills, add Shields for this spec, let them Support in melee. a la Pally glyph Battle Healer.

Shaman tank is ok, but I really wish they'd give Enhancement back the viability of 2H dps.