Issues with Lei Shen (2nd interfase)

Hi, we've been wiping on Lei Shen N for 3 weeks now, and i'm running out of ideas on what to do.

We can reliably reach the second interfase almost always (except some random mistake, but they don't happen often).

Our problem is we have survived there 2 times out of ~50 we reached it.

We have tried the following:

Disabling Difussion Chain, as advised on most guides, ends up either killing someone due to 2 overcharge on 1 quarter, or bouncing bolts dropping as one quarter is stunned

Disabling Bouncing Bolt, while seemed like a good idea, makes impossible to stack, meaning everyone gets stunned should 2 overcharges happen on one quarter.

Disabling Overcharge seemed like a good idea, but we lose 2 to 3 players due to damage, esentially if there is no CD to solo-soak a static shock someone dies on that quarter.

Disabling Static Shock, in order to reduce damage taken, ends up being almost the same as disabling bouncing bolt, there is no way to stack due to difussion, and someone gets killed while stunned.

We do 3 DPS and a healer on each cuarter, and both tanks on the last one, to soak bouncing bolts and kill the eventual add that spawn. Whoever has a way to solo soak a static shock does so.

Any input on what we may be doing wrong?

We got 2 half decent tries. One with 1 healer dead, and 1 with 1 tank dead, both wiping us at about ~10%

Deleted
    The idea with disabling Diffusion Chain is that each group stacks up in the second phase transition, and doesn't move unless to intercept bouncing bolts. So you have your entire group standing on the exact same spot, and returning to that spot as soon as they've intercepted bouncing bolts. That way if there are two overcharges, they're stacked together.

Having a warlock portal helps with the transition. Otherwise you might want your group to start moving a bit before the phase change so they can reach their mark before the first overcharge.

I haven't done him in 10m for a month or so now, but what we did when we killed him (and are still doing in 25m) is to simply not let any conduits level up at all, then the transition becomes faceroll. So try that next time and I guarantee you will down him.

Disabling diffusion chain is the way to go for progress kills, makes it so double overcharge on the same quadrant is entirely negated due to constant stacking, and if the rare occurrence comes that you get separated double overcharges when soaking bolts, just pop a personal/human trinket out of the stun. Other than that situation it is impossible for anyone to get stunned by overcharge if your people are standing in the right places.

In a nutshell, disable diffusion chain and the 2nd transition is a joke compared to the first due to constant stacking.

The fight simply is not random enough that you can wipe for 3 weeks on bouncing bolt rng while stunned, it is your players fault and they need to improve themselves in regards to the fight, it is not a tactical error.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Deleted
    Get proper timers. Diffuse adds always spawn 2-3 seconds before overcharged explodes, i.e. player A gets overcharged, 2 seconds later Player B gets diffuse, then you stack on Player A. Overcharged goes out, spread again kill add, take balls, w8 for overcharge, diffuse spawns, stack, kill add. kill boss

1-Disable difussion chain

2-The only class that (as far as i'm aware of) can't solo-soak static shock are

-DPS warrior
    -Shaman (but he can ankh, so i would count him as being able to solo-soak too)
    -Disc priest (but then you just stack up and he use PW:B to make sure everyone stay alive

So you just go into bouncing bolt, stack up if needed for overcharge (but it's not a big deal if someone gets stunned anyway) and solo-soak every static shock.

If you are unlucky and the same player gets static shock twice during the phase, you either stack and use a minor cd or combat rez him.

10+ Year Old Account
    The appropriate way to do it while disabling the Chain:
    Spread 3-3-4 across each quarter, and hug on a certain spot.
    When Bouncing Bolts come in, it should be safe to just go and soak them. If you get 2 of the rooting rings, on seperate locations in your quarter while soaking the bolts, nobody will ever get hit by more than 1 stun. Your healer should be able to heal everyone up to full HP, these players should be able to use a cooldown, and you can just get stunned without a worry.
    There is literally no excuse to not be able to soak a bouncing bolt due to being stunned: the only way you can get stunned doing this, is while soaking bouncing bolts. And there's a decent amount of time that should allow you to be stacked before a next wave of bolts comes, even if you get stunned after soaking the previous round of bolts.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Deleted
    "Disabling Difussion Chain, as advised on most guides, ends up either killing someone due to 2 overcharge on 1 quarter, or bouncing bolts dropping as one quarter is stunned"

Looking at the almost no info given of ur raid, or logs, this seems to be the reason why you are wiping. Ppl being stunned from another quadrant means ur raiders run towards the drop location w/o paying attention to the incoming wave.
    Dying from 2 explosions on the same quadrant? What cds u used u say? Average hp of ppl is around 450k hp, 2 explosions do 450k dmg, which means if some1 died u didnt use any cd, but again this is me guessing since i don't know how u split, which is important.
    From what i see the only problem u actually have since you consistenly reach second transition is ppl not using personals when needed or not using raid cds at all.

And meanwhile, tanks cant be target of overcharge, which means u dont use them soaking the dmg, which is a bit... stupid. have ppl split 4 3 3 with 2 tanks on the 4, you will consistenly get 2 explosions there and survive easy. Not saying it wont happen on other places, but keep disabling diffusion chain, and work on the cds.

Other then what is stated can you give us your raids details, what classes are you bringing, knowing this some of us can provide you with tips or tricks.
    From a Frost DK pov I can say that I spec AMZ so I can cover at least 1 Static Shock during transmission, I am also a worgen so got 2 speed bonuses to get balls.
    My guild 2 healed (disc/resto sham) it but we did have a lock for healthstones and our ele sham specced for guidance mind you that last I need to confirm with him as I am not 100% sure.
    Also we have a assa rogue so he just feints/cloaks/cheats his way through and does stupid numbers
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

The biggest problem you have is putting the tanks together as the only players on one of the quadrants, since they can not be targeted by overcharge and static shock you are guaranteed to have double overcharges and double static shocks (depending of course on which you overcharged going into the second transition). My group overcharges static shock and since we have players targetable in all 3 quadrants by it, it never seems to target more then 1 person in the same quadrant, I would assume that overcharge would work the same.

The way my group does it is we have 4-4-2 with 1 tank in each group of 4 and the group of 2 is a rogue and Resto druid which both have the ability to solo soak 2 static shocks. Rogue uses cloak of shadows for the first and cheat death for the second. Resto druid uses deterrence symbiosis for the first and glyphed might of ursoc/barkskin/iron bark for the second.

If you don't have 2 people that can solo soak 2 static shocks then I would suggest doing 4-3-3 with the tanks in separate groups and at least 1 person that can solo soak in each quadrant to try and lessen the burden on the healers.

A mage should be able to solo soak 2 static shocks also. Ice block the first and Greater Invisibility glyph (90% dmg reduction) for the other.

We are disabling the west platform first (the bouncing balls thingy). In den second phase we stack north to 190%, east to 290% and south till we get him to 30%. It's very important to move to your platforms at about 32%. The last 2% is done by the DPS that are positioned on the southern platform. But maybe we were just lucky with our try. I think you should pop raid cooldowns if someone gets static shock you can't handle it himself. You don't need that much raid cooldowns in the last phase anyway.

Yes in our tactic we have diagonal disabled platforms, but we thought it wouldn't matter any way in 10 man, because one platform is still very big. The first time we got into the last phase with the full raid he died. Just keep cool in the last phase. People tend to get hectic with all the phase going on, but it's really easy going. Stack at boss for adds, run out of the lightning whip and go max range for thunderstruck.

We got him down in 3 hours. But that's also a boss that suites our raid group

We got it tonight!

As soon as we switched to 3-3-4 stacking instead of 4-4-2(tanks) it was WAY smoother, a couple wipes due to random deaths but it's down ^^

Thanks to everyone for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    The idea with disabling Diffusion Chain is that each group stacks up in the second phase transition, and doesn't move unless to intercept bouncing bolts.
    And about the spawn of lightning balls? They don't spread the dmg between players, right?

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    And about the spawn of lightning balls? They don't spread the dmg between players, right?
    If you are talking about the bouncing bolts they divide the damage between the players standing in it so you will not take additional damage if more then 1 person is standing in it. On 10man (not sure about 25m) the damage done by them is negligible so only having one person standing in them is not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by deidios View Post
    If you are talking about the bouncing bolts they divide the damage between the players standing in it so you will not take additional damage if more then 1 person is standing in it. On 10man (not sure about 25m) the damage done by them is negligible so only having one person standing in them is not an issue.
    Actually, I'm talking about Ball Lightning: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=136543

When they Spawn it does an AOE DMG, and I don't know if this damage it's flat for everyone in Area or the dmg are spread between ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Actually, I'm talking about Ball Lightning:

When they Spawn it does an AOE DMG, and I don't know if this damage it's flat for everyone in Area or the dmg are spread between ppl.
    The damage is not spread, which is why you do not want to stack until after they spawn

Quote Originally Posted by deidios View Post
    The way my group does it is we have 4-4-2 with 1 tank in each group of 4 and the group of 2 is a rogue and Resto druid which both have the ability to solo soak 2 static shocks.
    I have a clarification I would like to make regarding this approach.

My group only recently started this encounter and have just started working phase 2, but when we placed 1 tank in a quad he would often get 2 bolts (we don't level any conduits up before transition btw). This caused us to move away from the idea in favor of no large adds. I assume because the bolt conduit will be level 2 in transition 2 that an additional bolt will be possible, so a group of 2 could potentially get 3 bolts. Am I misunderstanding the mechanic by chance? If anyone can clarify this I would greatly appreciate it.

If not:
    What does the group of 2 do if they get 3 bouncing bolts?

Quote Originally Posted by wcard View Post
    I have a clarification I would like to make regarding this approach.

My group only recently started this encounter and have just started working phase 2, but when we placed 1 tank in a quad he would often get 2 bolts (we don't level any conduits up before transition btw). This caused us to move away from the idea in favor of no large adds. I assume because the bolt conduit will be level 2 in transition 2 that an additional bolt will be possible, so a group of 2 could potentially get 3 bolts. Am I misunderstanding the mechanic by chance? If anyone can clarify this I would greatly appreciate it.

If not:
    What does the group of 2 do if they get 3 bouncing bolts?
    You will never get more then 2 bolts per quadrant unless you overcharge the bouncing bolt conduit meaning that you get it to the second level prior to the transition which would make the transition bring it to 3rd level