Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

[Movies] Thor 2: The Dark World (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)

So after the first trailer was released today:

With Alan Taylor directing and Christopher Eccleston playing as the villain, this will be fucking amazing in my opinion.
    Seems like Marvel are trying to become more dark, like Nolan's adaption of the Batman trilogy.

The idea of the film is that the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim attack Earth (London representing) and Malekith the Cursed (Christopher Eccleston) is leading them to conquering the Earth. They kidnap Jane (Natalie Portman) and Thor has to save her and he calls upon Loki to do this and save the Earth.

Opinions?

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought the first Thor movie was pretty well done. Good to see them continue it. I'm hoping that it works out and doesn't tank the series. A lot of these superhero movies start to nosedive when a sequel happens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I thought the first Thor movie was pretty well done. Good to see them continue it. I'm hoping that it works out and doesn't tank the series. A lot of these superhero movies start to nosedive when a sequel happens.
    If Alan Taylor works his wonders on this as he did with GoT, it will be Godly.

Deleted
    Looks interesting, namely due to not faffing around on Earth so much, which is much truer to the original comic.

10+ Year Old Account
    got to love Lokys hair

Impressive I must see this.

Deleted
    at 0.24 is that rory williams from dr who?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    at 0.24 is that rory williams from dr who?
    Looks like him, a lot. But nope, it isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does Thor turn into a pink rabbit when he goes to the Dark World?

The first Thor at it's best moments was barely average so it's doubtful this could be any worse. The trailer looks neat but then again, that is the purpose of the trailers so it isn't telling much.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    The first Thor at it's best moments was barely average so it's doubtful this could be any worse. The trailer looks neat but then again, that is the purpose of the trailers so it isn't telling much.
    I really enjoyed Thor - but then again I'm a comic book fanboy.
    I just know Alan Taylor will make this great.

The first movie was way too heavy on the romance to be truely enjoyable for me.
    Judging by the trailer the second one will be the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexo View Post
    The first movie was way too heavy on the romance to be truely enjoyable for me.
    Judging by the trailer the second one will be the same.
    Thor is very much like Hercules in the sense that a female human is a Gods only weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    Thor is very much like Hercules in the sense that a female human is a Gods only weakness.
    As per the Avengers movie, where Loki has Thor in the metal/glass cell he says: The humans like to think we are immortal, shall we put that to the test?

To me that is basically saying they are just really strong but can be killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    As per the Avengers movie, where Loki has Thor in the metal/glass cell he says: The humans like to think we are immortal, shall we put that to the test?

Thor dies in the comics a few times so hes not immortal.

Deleted
    So long as he eats then golden apples of Iddun, he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    So long as he eats then golden apples of Iddun, he is.
    Not true. He can still be killed in battle. As has already been pointed out, it's happened before. Also, beings almost incomprehensibly more powerful than Thor, such as Eternity, Galactus and Death, have all died before. In fact, there was this one universe that was wiped out by the Phoenix Force when it went out of control. All universal abstracts, Thor, Odin and well, everything else, all died.

Deleted
    That was one of the worst trailers I've seen in a while. Wow. I even like Thor as a movie, but damn.. that was just terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post

I get that they hint that they can die, and they kind of have to. I'm not a comic book reader but I enjoy my super hero movies, Thor was not a good movie to me because (From my understanding, which I know is probably flawed) he's an immortal god. There's no risk. Sure he turned human for a while and could have died then but as soon as he got his hammer back it was like "BAM" ok... nothing to worry about now.

Iron Man, Spiderman, Hulk, Captain America... all of them have weaknesses. Thor doesn't, other than his girl. But if they kill his girl he'll still be able to defeat them all.

In before____: I know you say he dies in the comics or other stronger die but as a general moviegoer who only knows Thor from this movie, and that one scene in Adventures in Babysitting , this is what we're generally meant to believe. It takes a lot of suspense away from the movie.

Just hope they end it as a trilogy with Surtur being the final big bad.