Thread: H: Megaera 10m

H: Megaera 10m

Just wondering if anyone has used any other class/strat besides a war/frost dk on the arcane adds. We used a frost dk last week and got the kill but he is no longer with us, struggled a bit tonight.

I've seen tanks pick them up just fine. DK/Pally/Monk tank will have an easier time getting agro on them. Get a ring of peace/solar beam up so they move to the tank, then stun and AoE them on top of the kill head.

On 25, we brought a 3rd tank who happened to be a warrior it went just fine.

Edit: spelling

We use a ret pally that toggles RF on when picking up adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    We use a ret pally that toggles RF on when picking up adds.
    I assumed Ret Pally was bundled in with Warrior and DK under the "plate class with a threat stance" group, or they don't have one. It's the obvious solution if they do though.

Deleted
    We usually did it with a DD DK. This week we have done it with me as a Brewmaster, i picked them up and AoEd them down very fast with KS. The Key of that Strat is that u can handle the Silence with a Beam or a RoP when the Tank has them its quite easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Manaroth View Post
    On 25, we brought a 3rd tank who happened to be a warrior it went just fine.

Edit: spelling
    It is always more viable to bring a 3rd tank on 25-man.

Quote Originally Posted by Secrecy View Post
    It is always more viable to bring a 3rd tank on 25-man.
    What? No. Why on earth would you need a third tank. THat just means lower DPS on the heads. The worms cast their damage spike spells on random targets, not their aggro target. And their melee hits are literally 8-10K tickles. We just use a dps warrior popping mocking banner to gather them up, done.
    But regardless, ANYONE can gather them up, as long as you let them do the majority of the AOE.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    What? No. Why on earth would you need a third tank. THat just means lower DPS on the heads. The worms cast their damage spike spells on random targets, not their aggro target. And their melee hits are literally 8-10K tickles. We just use a dps warrior popping mocking banner to gather them up, done.
    But regardless, ANYONE can gather them up, as long as you let them do the majority of the AOE.
    All I was saying is that any strategy that involves a 3rd tank is more viable on 25-man than 10-man. Suggesting a guild takes a 3rd tank to a 10-man encounter with the justification that it works on 25-man is not a useful suggestion.

I am not in any way suggesting that you should bring a 3rd tank to heroic Megaera on 10 or 25.

Thanks guys. Think we'll do feral or ret with RoP.