Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauren View Post
    would be worse then mop and cata combined
    Wow, someone makes even lower content shitposts than I do!

Deleted
    Some minor ideas I have had that I think could make it but not in top 7:

- There is something wrong with smelting.. many miners or multi millionaires (such as myself admittedly) roll a miner ONLY for smelting. If blizz is going to continue to allow bots year in and out, there is no point being a miner. But smelting is invaluable. This post is a trap. I know Blizz will read this and I know they will have knowing smile. The rest of you just vote up notion. TY.

- gathering professions. Had a long think about this and I have decided that although predicting there would be 3 professions in next expansion and this seems to have been picked up by many on here, I would like to add this very simple, basic idea: Next expansion sees gathering as secondary profession. Think about it. Would completely change all economies but not because we won't gather. Those that know.. Why does mining have the more important smelting, and herbs has the .. nothing. This is where i think the new profession will come in but hope not. (I predicted there would be something with herbs coming like prospecting)

- The heirloom wardrobe - trophy cabinet This should have happened long ago. Essentially, there is an extra pane in the game where you can consult your Heirloom collection and you can now do this from any character in your realm and you can select a piece to wear. No more sending heirlooms, it's now part of some trophy cabinet. NO charge for equip. You can't mix transmog with this this yet.. But something that is being looked into.

- Item squish. Has to happen now. Seems so trivial and not something to postulate for too long but believe me, blizz have a tough job with this..

What I think they will carry on with and which was new/experiment in mop:

-token system
    -rare world boss - isle of thunder (that was really bad, so soulless, if they do with old world.. ugh this could be terrible). Please no for old zones.
    -farm, very big success (no borat gif) - will be added upon, much welcome but blizz, fishing like the farm, you are welcome..

Not much more than that. I hated WOTLK for strict reason, they made incredibly, undeniable beautiful beautiful landscapes and scenarios with perfect music then made you stand in Dalaran for 2 years. This is a video game crime. And now they got away with it? Do contact them to let them know. Thanks.

Last point for me for now, please bring back talent trees. The current situation would work with DIII, but WOW? It's really bad, Blizzard we are all striving for some individuality, why are you making us all the same and the same time making us not be with each other in game, unless anonymously?

Many could respond to this and say quit if you don't like it and others realise that the game was better before, but what would be truly epic (and hope blizz see it) is that to mix old and new would be amazing but you have to understand what this means.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Considering that this expansion will be released during the 10th anniversary of the game, those selling points are pretty lackluster.

I'm expecting Blizzard to go all out.

-New models that allow us to have tattoos and be sub races.
    -New class
    -New continent
    -2 new professions
    -New game feature that will redefine how we play WoW.
    -Improved talent system
    -4th specs for each class
    -New mounts
    -Being able to play old raids with revamped graphics and heightened difficulty

Yeah, that's what I'm expecting for WoWs 10th birthday.
    the graphics overhaul for ALL races and mobs is needed. and redoing old raids and dungeons at max level would be fun but INB4 oh they don't have any creativity anymore.

Deleted
    Well it's pretty much a given that new player models are coming but I do think they will go one step further that will make an even bigger difference despite not being anticipated, and that is sky changes.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alright. The ones I bold are ones I am 75%+ certain of. Italicized ones I do think will happen but am not sure enough to bold. Others are just hopes/desires.

1. Level cap 95

2. New continent will be another planet or moon of Azeroth.

3. Legion makes a push against Azeroth and we repel them before taking the fight to them.

4. New Alliance Race - Broken. New Horde Race - Ogre.

5. New Player Models.

6. Guild bases.

7. Legacy System.

Bonus #8. Talent System expanded to 9 tiers.

---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 04:28 PM ----------

Considering that this expansion will be released during the 10th anniversary of the game, those selling points are pretty lackluster.

-New class
    -New continent
    -2 new professions
    -Improved talent system
    -New mounts

I used to think they'd go all out, but then I realized MoP has 3 tiers and the only way to make that not include another Dragon Soul would be if expansions now last only 1.5-years.

Which also means all out will never happen again. They're going for a steady content rate, not one that spikes and pits.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

-New class
    -New continent
    -2 new professions
    -Improved talent system
    -New mounts

I agree with this^^

Although probably not a selling point, but Castle Sim, hey we have pokemon and farmville....why not a castle sim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    1. I do feel they will go for level 100 on there 10th anniversary for wow and we already know its going to be legion based but I don't think we will be going to there "home" world just yet. They have taken many many other worlds and I feel we will be heading to one of those. Something like taking down the Nathrezim on there home world. Charging headlong straight at the legion would just seem dumb if we didn't take down there allies first. The black prince has told us the its going to be based around the legion since the start of mop.

2. This is just a given. Blizz would be dumb not to use it as a selling point for something.

3. I don't think there will be a new profession, what more could they do? But having a 3rd choice would be welcome by alot of players and I can see alot coming back for that.

4. There will always be graphic buffs in every expansion.

5. From the hint that sounds like something they plan to do. Would be cool if zones and 5mans worked the same as gw2. As for raids I feel they should stay away from old raids unless they plan to make them lfr difficulty. Alot already have a hard time finding enough raiders to do the current normal raid let alone old ones. Would just be a waste of time. The raiding community is dieing so no point in giving them every raid to do even if they were to work like challenge modes.

5. Even blizzard agreed that needed to be done. But don't think it will be a selling point of an xpack. More a "will be released when its finished"

6. Sounds lame
    I agree with all of this. We knew about the Legion's hand in pretty much EVERYTHING since WC3:FT, and still haven't dealt with them head-on.

I just want new models, cheaper services, a Demon Hunter class, and tons of nasties to slaughter in the next expansion!

10+ Year Old Account
    why exactly would the auction house need to be revamped?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Soratrox;20919256]People seem to think that the entire might of the burning legion just hangs out on Argus standing around doing nothing. Remember that the legion is an invasion force, they have forces and resources deployed on hundreds, maybe thousands of worlds fighting to take them over. In comparison the amount of legion forces actually stationed on Argus is probably relatively slim. [quote]

And with portals, those offensive forces are seconds away.

Also consider that time and time again, Azeroth has crushed the legion offensive.
    Time and Time being.....never. No force on Azeroth has ever crushed a Legion offensive. The Night Elf Empire tried and was beaten back. The Night Elf Empire tried with help from the Tauren and Earthen and demigods - and was beaten back. An avatar of Sargeras was killed....as part of his plan. Kiljaeden was defeated because he was using most of his power to hold open the Sunwell.

The Legion has been defeated. It has been defeated on Azeroth and Outlands. But only once has it sent an army and that army was defeated when Malfurion destroyed the Portal and lucked out when they were dragged back into it. And that was done at the cost of most of the continental landmass.

Do you really think the allied Alliance/Horde offensive backed by the dragon flights, and Naaru couldn't lead a successful assault on Argus?
    Barring plot armor? No. They couldn't. Not as they are now. It will take a lot more than Azeroth, even united, to take on the Burning Legion.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    2 are right, 1 is close. the rest, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aixiz View Post
    Being able to downscale yourself.. for example to do old raids. This removes the need for the oh-so-much-crying "vanilla-tbc servers". Just like PvP will be in 5.3 (ilvl 496 max, iir). (I'm prolly gonna get flaameeedddd)
    and reintroduces the nasty loot drama that went with it. no thanks ill pass. unless this was made an OPTION.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    blizzard are running out of fresh ideas. For the game makers that broke the mold, and gave us the standard of how mmos are meant to run, what they made as innovation has gotten very old, and anything new they try just doesn't come off new anymore. Also, the things that wow really could use on improvement, they seem incapable of making better.

Sounds harsh, but I think you can agree with most of it.
    I agree with this.

If Diablo 3 and even Heart of the Swarm show anything, it's that innovation is lacking at Blizzard.

WoW has been stagnant and boring for years now and it's obvious all the creative heart has gone away from blizzard to other companies.

WoW was a great game in its day just like Doom, Quake, and Morrowind, but it's time to move on really.

None of my friends from WoW still play, I don't think that many people even have subs any more, it's just that those who do still think WoW is what everyone plays when very few actually play it now.

10+ Year Old Account

-New class
    -New continent
    -2 new professions
    -Improved talent system
    -New mounts

maybe if they had another 2 years to develop it would those expecations seem realistic... currently in real life if we get half of those I'm happy

Oh cool. We're making our own fancylists?

-Level 90-95
    -Tinker/Engineer/Scientist class
    -Blood Elves and Draenei can now pledge themselves to either faction, along with a fancy-dancy story like Worgen/Goblins/Pandaren have
    -Revamped TBC and WotLK zones
    Revamped character models including subraces
    -Revamped Heroic system+downscaling, heroics are removed, instead the random queue can put you in any dungeon at or below your level, and will push your level and stats down to match
    -Greatly expanded character customization, with an embellished Talent system, Glyph system, a revamped version of Path of the Titans(Ancient Power) which develops for level 60+ players, and a new 'trait' system which replaces trinkets and racials

If we're sticking to 7; if we have more I'll take a profession system revamp for $200 Alex.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

CRZ as option, that can be turned off.

It is very easy to read between the lines and predict a few. Blizzard has been teasing for a long time now.

• At least a couple of new race models. A slight possibility for all races to be updated over the course of the expansion, but Blizzard knows that they are sitting on a marketing goldmine so I wouldn't put it past them to spread the love over a couple of expansions.
    • Transmogrification rules loosened a bit, but again not entirely. For example I think it will take Blizzard at least a couple of expansions to allow legendaries to be transmoggable.

I would bet my house on these two.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking forward to the next expansion. But hopefully it'll be as standard as MOP, and better than Cata...

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    I'd like to see a psychedelic/cosmic expansion like tbc was, zones since wotlk been nice and realistic but kinda lack that magic feeling.
    me too...............

10+ Year Old Account
    Darker nights? Please?

Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    How is WoW not and MMORPG?
    He is gonna probably point out queues and how it is the same for theme parks when you wait in line for rides or something like that.