Thread: T15 4pc

T15 4pc

Hey all, first post but:

I got the 4pc recently, however it would put me at something crazy like ~12% hit. Without the bonus I sit at 9% already. Is the set bonus going to out weigh that stupid amount of extra hit?

Thanks for any help guys!

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    My guess is that T15 4pc is more valuable than the 3% hit wasted. I'd recommend running it at www.femaledwarf.com though.

You absolutely can't reforge that hit off? Do you use wowreforge.com or ReforgeLite addon?
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

3% hit rating is only ~1000 secondary stats. Assuming not using it would dump all that excess hit into crit, that is only 1.66% chance to crit. The 4 set bonus is roughly 2%+ dps.

If I had to guess, I would choose the 4 piece as well. I know for sure, I would sim it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolaez View Post
    3% hit rating is only ~1000 secondary stats. Assuming not using it would dump all that excess hit into crit, that is only 1.66% chance to crit. The 4 set bonus is roughly 2%+ dps.

If I had to guess, I would choose the 4 piece as well. I know for sure, I would sim it.
    2%? It's closer to 3% for me

Looking at last reset's clear log from Durumu to Lei Shen
    2.9% Durumu
    2.9% Primordius
    2.9% Dark Animus
    3.2% Iron Qon
    2.3% Twin Consort
    2.3% Lei Shen

Small RNG issue on Twins and Lei Shen, otherwise looking closer to 3%

If you're looking at WOL make sure you are checking your total damage and not just using the % that it posts on the damage by spell tab, because that doesn't take pets into account (which would benefit from the increased other stats). On my last clear for Durumu Lightning Arrow is listed as 1.7% of my damage but gets all the way down to 1.36% when you include pets. That's an example of bad luck to obviously (only 23% crit rate and around 7-8 procs less than the RPPM expected amount), but even on Megaera where I had extremely good luck (52% crit rate and 3 more procs than the RPPM expected amount) it only did 3.7% of my damage as listed and 2.97% after including pets.

2-2.5% is a fair estimate most of the time for single target, and it will be less in AOE (since multi-shot can proc it, but no matter how many targets you hit with multi-shot it will only ever proc on 1, unless they changed that since I tested it).

Damn 12% hit? There goes my whining for having 10.82% expertise.

Thanks for all the input guys. Yes I am totally stuck at that level of hit in 4pc, total of 4,084 hit rating. And that is with 2500 reforged away... Anyway I am testing it out as 4pc this week. At the worst, so far it is a push or slightly better with good RNG.

Does any1 else feel that our tier bonuses are kinda weak this tier?

I think 2pc is fine, I have ok'ish experience with that, but the 4pc is doing really low damage for me, 1%, 2% max.. Am I simply not using enough Arcane shots, or just really unlucky? >.<

Granted I've only tried it on the LFR bosses (Our real raid is tonight) so far, but still.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganbai View Post
    Does any1 else feel that our tier bonuses are kinda weak this tier?

The 4pc is doing really low damage for me, 1%, 2% max.. Am I simply not using enough Arcane shots, or just really unlucky? >.<

Granted I've only tried it on the LFR bosses (Our real raid is tonight) so far, but still.

It's pretty much a Copy + Paste bonus from Firelands which was the middle tier of Cata. I dont expect them to be strong. They made our previous tier bonuses too strong tbh, Hence our current seems weak.

On average the four piece seems to proc around 1/3 of the time, maybe a bit lower. Having extra damage for nothing is nice but it depends on how much other stats you are losing as well. It is almost impossible to not be over hit and expertise cap when you get into heroic level gear right now.