Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I don't interpret his sentence describing the situation that way. I interpret it as he asked for the wrong thing when he wanted something else instead. If you tell me you want boots with haste/mastery, that's what I'm going to craft for you. It doesn't matter if he was confused or gave the wrong name of the item he wanted. I will agree with your statement regarding the need for the OP to have been more clear on the craft. But that doesn't absolve him for saying he wanted something made which turned out to not be what he actually wanted.

This is going nowhere, and we're merely arguing ourselves in circles. How about we call it a day and strike it back up if/when OP decides to grace us and clarify the situation properly?

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbot View Post
    I tell the blacksmith I need the haste/mast plate boots not realizing there are also hit/mast boots.

He asked for Haste/Mastery and received Haste/Mastery, not realizing Hit/Mastery boots were also available. It's an understandable mistake, but the fault here is the buyer's, not the crafter's.
    I think you are confusing what happened. I told the bs I needed the correct boots, he made the incorrect boots. Not my mistake that I can see. After he gave me the boots I noticed they were wrong and told him. nothing he could do about it. just glad they sold.

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 03:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbot View Post
    I... don't understand.

The guy asked for Haste/Mastery boots. He received Haste/Mastery boots. He then went, "Oh, crap, I wanted Hit/Mastery." And then the crafter, presumably, went, "Dude, but you asked for Haste/Mastery. I'm not a mind-reader, bro."

How is that the crafter's fault?
    Now i see where you are confusing what I said. Im a ret pally, I needed the hast/mast boots. the crafter made the mast/hit boots by accident. I received the wrong item. Sorry if my post was confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by tawney View Post
    I think you are confusing what happened. I told the bs I needed the correct boots, he made the incorrect boots. Not my mistake that I can see. After he gave me the boots I noticed they were wrong and told him. nothing he could do about it. just glad they sold.

Well, if this happens again in the future, tell the crafter to give you your mats back, if he can't, or won't do what is right to correct his mistake, create a ticket. The GM will correct the situation.

There is no reason you should have worried about this for a week, on top of the risk of possibly losing money on the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    Tawney, you really need to get back and edit your original post to be much more clear. You've left out some tidbits of information that are necessary to prevent this confusion from taking place to being with.
    Edited original post for clarification.

Now i see where you are confusing what I said. Im a ret pally, I needed the hast/mast boots. the crafter made the mast/hit boots by accident. I received the wrong item. Sorry if my post was confusing.
    You were clear enough. People just thought that not realizing there were similar boots meant you wanted those instead, which is not supported by anything you said and came from their own minds.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Well, if this happens again in the future, tell the crafter to give you your mats back, if he can't, or won't do what is right to correct his mistake, create a ticket. The GM will correct the situation.

There is no reason you should have worried about this for a week, on top of the risk of possibly losing money on the deal.
    Well now I know a gm can/will fix this type of situation, if this ever happens again. I just assumed it was something a gm would blow off.

Never had someone craft me the wrong item, but in late sunwell I had gathered the materials for sunfire robes, so about a days worth of farming and about 2k gold, trade him the materials and he crafts the robes. I'm practically salivating at this point, he says he can't trade them. Whatisgoingonhere. He whispers to me, "I'm so sorry, they're BoP, I had no idea. I look up the pattern myself and there the robes are looking at me with the text Bind on Pickup. WELP, what can you do.

On the bright side, he looked really good in the robes.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    You were clear enough. People just thought that not realizing there were similar boots meant you wanted those instead, which is not supported by anything you said and came from their own minds.
    Well I guess I will have to respectfully disagree. I can only attribute this not as something that came from my own mind, but rather a stronger understanding of grammar and sentence structure.

When I craft something for someone I link the recipe I will be using and have them confirm that is what they want. When I ask for something to be crafted, I always link the recipe I want to be crafted. That reduces the chance there will be a mistake, and if there is, I am covered because chat shows what I asked for/provided quite clearly.

10+ Year Old Account
    English is a fickle language indeed.. how the hell did you guys get confused by OP? It made perfect sense, shared fault.. doubt GM will do anything but I mourn your loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if I can't already craft it myself I just buy it. I always verify which one I'm making with my customers since I'm afraid of the OPs situation happening to me lol

Yep. I wanted Vicious Dragonscale Chest for a transmog set, and the crafter accidentally made Vicious Charscale Chest instead. Lucky for me, he was nice enough to make the right item with his own mats. Hope he managed to get his gold back by selling the spare.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I craft something for someone I don't know, I always type the craft-details in chat.
    E.g.
    /say I craft <item-link> with my <BoP-Mats> and your mats + xxxx gold. Agreed?
    BoP-mats is e.g. Chaos Orbs, when they were BoP, etc..

Then I wait for buyer to actively confirm/deny the deal.. Only then will I craft the item.
    Since GMs can see chatlogs, this protect both buyer and seller from cheating/scamming/mistakes..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I am a prot pally and had the haste/mastery boots crafted. I was VERY specific when the crafter linked the hit boots that he had better get them right.

This happened to me the other day. I gather the 33000gold worth of mats. I tell the blacksmith I need the haste/mast plate boots not realizing there are also hit/mast boots. BS makes the wrong boots and im left with a huge mistake. Is this something a GM can help with such as refund the mats etc.? I know it's a long shot but wandering if this has happened to anyone else. I've tried to ah them for several days with no luck, would be happy to recoup my huge loss.

edit due to unintended confusion. I am a ret pally hence I wanted the haste/mast boots. I told the crafter this. What he made were the hit/mast boots not the haste/mast boots. As soon as I got the boots I noticed this mistake. He told me he didn't know there were 2 different plate dps ilvel 522 boots. And that's when I learned about the other type of boots hit/mast. I didn't mean that I changed my mind and wanted them instead, I meant that I didn't know he had that pattern and if I had known I would of made it more clear which boots I did need. Problem has been solved, boots sold at ah for a profit. Thanks for all the replies
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP