LFR the new heroic dungeons

I don't exactly get it. Blizzard says that lfr is the new way to catch up with gear. But when you had new heroic dungeons it would take you about a week to get all the items needed so you could start doing the new raids. But now with lfr it can take at least a month if not longer to get caught up to where the average player was at the beginning of that patch. Meaning you will always be behind. I will farm the isle of thunder to get the epic key to do the scenario. I will complete that scenario and get around 10 elder charms. I will do all the lfr and only use the tokens on the couple of boss and I will complete the week with maybe 1 piece per week. I would suggest that every week that a lfr wing is open to increase the drop percentage by about 5%.

Except there are still heroic dungeons and more valor gear now than ever. You can gear up and be ready to raid in a week or so now, regardless of your luck in LFR, between valor gear, crafted gear, heroic gear, and an item or two from LFR.

But if you expect to get geared up by valor gear that will take at least 2 months to get fully geared up since you can only get 1000 valor a week. When just 1 item costs you 1800 valor. That means that you can get 2-3 valor items a month. Still it goes to my previous point. Even with lfr and valor items it will take you between 1 and 2 months to get geared up. And no I don't have between 10k to 100k gold to buy one single crafted item

15+ Year Old Account
    The ToT LFR requires 480ilvl to get into it, which isn't that bad really - especially when you take into account that not only are the T14 LFR droprates massively buffed, but you can end up swimming in coins to bonus roll with. In addition, you can make your first Valor piece a 522 neck that requires no rep grind.

I levelled a lock that hit 90 just before patch 5.2. Took me maybe 2-3 weeks to get into ToT LFR. Once you're there, you're golden.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Except there are still heroic dungeons and more valor gear now than ever. You can gear up and be ready to raid in a week or so now, regardless of your luck in LFR, between valor gear, crafted gear, heroic gear, and an item or two from LFR.
    No you can't. To t14 yes. t15, no chance unless you are able to drop stupid amounts of money on crafted 522's. "more valor gear than ever before?" You ding and in that week earn 1k valor, that earns you 3/4 of a 522 neck or you can waste it on lower stuff from the old tier.

Blizz don't want catchups this expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Our alt group started running just recently and are onto Council in ToT as well as a couple of T14 heroics.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

People now wont to run ToT minutes after hitting 90 ....ffs wake up! You have to put some effort to get the gear its not free.
    Crafting gear on AH - not talking about 100k 522 - 496 will nicely bring ilev up from the Quest/Dungeon rewards. Then u got the neck - so what 1250 Valors, its basicly free, no grind or anything. Even 476 u can get for justice - for the love of Good, really stop whining (the gear I am talking is PVP one but will get you higher level and place in ToT - but then you will complaining - I have to run loads of random dungeons .....) No more comment ...

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    My alts have had no issues this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    My alts have had no issues this expansion.
    And also this ^
    I have 6 chars on 2 serv dressed up for LFR if you want its dead easy now.