Deleted

craftable weapons

not one to make a big issue of things but looking at all the new craftable weapons from 5.2 i was glad to see most classes had a good il502 option ok it may take a month to make but with loot drops being pretty harsh you may just have to make one the one big thng i was very dissapointed with was the sheer disregard for hunters they were completely forgotton i have played my hunter ever week and ran about 2-3 lfr's since panadaria came out and had no luck on drop tbh i am still using a dungeon 463 weapon and have a il of 494 and working on the new lfr's but it seems bows/guns are few and far betwwen and tbh seems they jsut never drop and i am not the first to notice this

10+ Year Old Account
    It sucks to say it...but it is just RNG. I saw a guy in Terrace this week get two of the sha-touched guns. Two. At once. I'm sorry your luck has been so crappy, but that's just how it falls sometimes. I'm still using a 463 on my bear tank but I have a 502 spirit dagger on my priest and the sha-touched 2H axe on my DK.

They are missing 502 crafted weapons for a few specs but it shouldnt be a surprise that Blizzard left hunters out. There werent even any Pandaria or archaeology hunter BoAs until 5.2 while there are sever agi staves/polearms, and 2 of others like int staves and daggers, strength 2handers, ect.

It would probably be engineering also which often gets left behind profs like blacksmithing and tailoring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the new blacksmithing weapons were specifically recreations of the old Weaponsmithing weapons that were removed from the game some time ago, and there was never a hunter version of those weapons.

Although, with two 30% chances per kill to get the ToES gun or the MSV bow, it would have to be pretty bad luck to not get either of those within a few weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Well, the new blacksmithing weapons were specifically recreations of the old Weaponsmithing weapons that were removed from the game some time ago, and there was never a hunter version of those weapons.

Although, with two 30% chances per kill to get the ToES gun or the MSV bow, it would have to be pretty bad luck to not get either of those within a few weeks now.
    The ranged isn't the only thing the bosses drop for hunter in LFR. The actual likelihood of getting a ranged if you kill the boss that drops it is around 10%, twice that if you use a coin, et cetera. If you are farming two bosses, then without extra runs that's four approx 10% chances per week which gives a 35% chance that a weapon will drop, that week. But if the boss is easy to get to (e.g. you're a rogue farming daggers off stone guard) it would be a good idea to keep running with coins.

Got 2 loshans on the same time on my mage alt lfr #_#
    Last edited by Baker Cat; 2013-04-24 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Rng loves me

I know the feeling about bad drops, my Warrior had been using a 463 weapon since about 4 days after MoP launch until second week of 5.2 when I finally got LFR Starshatter. Still waiting on Shin'ka, I've had the gem for it for months now and have received 4 tier helms from Sha since he's been available. Not counting too heavily on getting a 502 anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    The ranged isn't the only thing the bosses drop for hunter in LFR. The actual likelihood of getting a ranged if you kill the boss that drops it is around 10%, twice that if you use a coin, et cetera. If you are farming two bosses, then without extra runs that's four approx 10% chances per week which gives a 35% chance that a weapon will drop, that week. But if the boss is easy to get to (e.g. you're a rogue farming daggers off stone guard) it would be a good idea to keep running with coins.
    Also you can keep running them over and over again all week and keep using coins until you run out. But yeah, you're right about other loot competing with the ranged weapons.

Deleted
    Look at the BMAH.

If youre lucky enough to be in a server like mine the 483 gun pops up almost every 15 days and runs out without any bids.In 5.2 they lowered the starting bid to 10k (from 20K) so ....its just a few hours of moneymaking.

Its a wonderful gun? no it is not.Its 5.0 LFR but better than MSV lfr or heoric and given how the economy works 10k gold is pocket money.