Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Can't understand all this 5m QQ'ing.
    Since they finally fixed the "gating behind dailies" issue, the mob needs something new to cry about.

Quote Originally Posted by SumoSizeIt View Post
    Different players enjoy different aspects of the game. I never got tired of running Hour of Twilight dungeons over and over for gear, nor the heroics of prior expansions either. The time commitment was short, the coordination fairly minimal, and the rewards quite substantial (though below that of raids). There is also a greater connection to the story in end-game 5 mans, and often some really great displays of game mechanics that outshine those of heroics that shipped with the expansion's release. 5 mans also have the advantage of being balanced around the same group makeup every time, 1 tank, 1 healer, 3 dps - there's no need for artificially induced tank swaps or specific class abilities, every class of every role can come in and enjoy the content.
    Sure i don't say that there is nobody who enjoys them, but as i take from your argument, its mainly for gearing up fast for the current tier and thats what LFR is now for IMO.
    Lore-wise i can also understand your point, but i think with scenarios they gave us an alternative, and maybe HC-Scenarios will "fill the gap" for people who don't enjoy LFR but want the gear.

I must admit that im biased since i rather want raid-content over anything else but i seriously believe seeing the community during times like TotC/FL/DS that having not enough raid-content hurts the game more than having no 5m dungeons each patch.

Whatever ... the only one point i want to know after this posting changes invasion is: "release day?"

Praying I actually manage to get Blizzcon tickets without having to pay stupidly inflated scalper prices;
    Already have my hotel and stuff booked.

Also the blues really need to stop responding to entitled brats.
    Heroic Modes are based (or flop it around) normal modes which are the intended PvE gameplay. People will complain about anything without bettering themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    My problem with the DPS vs healer 1v1 statement is, back in BC and WotLK when I earned battlemaster, as a healer I wasn't content with being unkillable 1v1, I wanted to kill the DPS. I specced into insect swarm, add in thorns and I felt like I was more viable than just a PVP raid boss. Now.. I don't even PVP cuz it is pointless.

And 60K hits of a world first kill is impressive? With a sub base of almost 10 million? That is rather piss. At the same time, I think both sides of the argument are wrong. Heroic raids or dungeons? People complain about having to do dungeons and how pointless they are after the first couple weeks of dinging. And Heroic Raids, not many even do them (or plan to do them). They try to add other filler like the scenarios and people complain about that. I think blizz is in a no win situation while being in a total win situation.
    lol you don't pvp cuz you can't be a god?

Well... "good".

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would be great if Blizzard stopped lying. If you are not going to add the Skyclaw to the game... stop telling us that you are going to every patch. Same with new character skins which they have been lying about for years

It's cool let's just put the Skyclaw and Pierre out in the dumpster. You know which dumpster.

The dumpster where the Dance Studio, flying machines in Wintergrasp, Path of the Titans and the Abyssal Maw all rot. What a joke.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I sincerely hope Blizzard CMs and those who communicate on Twitter get paid large sums of cash to put up with so much of the community's bullshit and whining.

Good grief.

Boo! Really hope the engineering stuff won't go into the void. =(

Ghostcrawler said "I'd argue nearly all of the depth from PvP comes from CC."...

I usually side with GCs assessments of a lot of player complaints, but this, I simply cannot see how he makes this assessment. There is no depth when I cannot play my character because as soon as I show up I am hit with a constant chain of CC and then I die. As a healer, everyone's Healer's Must Die addon goes off and I'm locked out of playing.

There is no fun or depth in that at all. Maybe CC in Arena has depth, that I could understand, and PvP without addons has some better play with CC, but in the live game, battleground PvP as a healer is nothing but miserable because of all the CC. I used to enjoy BGs but now, there really isn't any point as there's no fun to be had. And I'm at a loss as to how Ghostcrawler doesn't see this happening.

Just make fear break from all damage except warlock dots (Same with Psychic scream and priests). You know like Repentance doesn't break from Censure, but breaks from everything else.

I don't understand why GC didn't just say this.

Quote Originally Posted by Suwide View Post
    Sure i don't say that there is nobody who enjoys them, but as i take from your argument, its mainly for gearing up fast for the current tier and thats what LFR is now for IMO.
    Lore-wise i can also understand your point, but i think with scenarios they gave us an alternative, and maybe HC-Scenarios will "fill the gap" for people who don't enjoy LFR but want the gear.

I must admit that im biased since i rather want raid-content over anything else but i seriously believe seeing the community during times like TotC/FL/DS that having not enough raid-content hurts the game more than having no 5m dungeons each patch.
    LFR + gear up fast = does not compute. Even with the increased drop rate the stuff you need never drops. You have to use all 20 elder charms to even think about getting any actual upgrade a week. Personally I think the drop rate for the current lfr should be increased to what the old lfr is right now.

Blizzard likes using the excuse that we'd gear up too fast from lfr even though I've gotten 3x more upgrades from valor gear than I've ever gotten from lfr. To me anyone who says RNG is RNG is agreeing that RNG is flawed. Blizzard brought the complaining on themselves by vastly increasing the number of raiders due to lfr which put their always flawed RNG system under a much needed microscope. This alone makes me glad lfr was added, since now we'll get roll protection added finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Boo! Really hope the engineering stuff won't go into the void. =(
    Me too! This was the one thing in 5.1 that excited me - I saved up and saved up, was ready with all the mats for 5.2 to drop. I was going to go fight the guy or whatever, learn the new schematics, and spend the next 30 days converting my saved-up bars to the lightning whatevers. This was more excited and happy than I had been in all the rest of MOP. Naturally. All the mats are sitting in my low level monk alt's bank.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destructus View Post
    LFR + gear up fast = does not compute. Even with the increased drop rate the stuff you need never drops. You have to use all 20 elder charms to even think about getting any actual upgrade a week. Personally I think the drop rate for the current lfr should be increased to what the old lfr is right now.

Blizzard likes using the excuse that we'd gear up too fast from lfr even though I've gotten 3x more upgrades from valor gear than I've ever gotten from lfr. To me anyone who says RNG is RNG is agreeing that RNG is flawed. Blizzard brought the complaining on themselves by vastly increasing the number of raiders due to lfr which put their always flawed RNG system under a much needed microscope. This alone makes me glad lfr was added, since now we'll get roll protection added finally.
    They want to bring in something fast with regards to LFR loot drops, there are quite a few rumblings of dissatisfaction amongst a few people with how the current LFR drop rate is.. For the time and effort some put in to an LFR run to only get gold from your initial roll and bonus roll for some is starting to wear thin case in point one of my guildies has had nothing from 30+ encounters in ToT LFR to the extent they have about had enough, and another guildy spent about 2 to 3 months trying to get one thing from the 5.0 LFRs..

It does get annoying when you can do an entire LFR quarter (3 bosses and get nothing), to the point even I will only run one maybe two LFR's because of the amount of hassle you have with groups and if you have a bad group you spend a couple hours in a LFR to wind up at the end with all gold drops, the RNG is flawed big time when this system first came in Cata thought cool this will stop the hassles of the old system. But in the cold light of day this new system is now even just as bad and more so if Blizz are saying this is spose to be the new for those to gear up their toons instead of 5 mans..

Heck on my toon I have more VP gear than LFR gear with a 2 ToT 10 normal pieces thrown in. But as one of my guildies said tonight if Blizz don't fix it fast they may end up losing a load more players due to how bad the RNG is.

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 04:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    Me too! This was the one thing in 5.1 that excited me - I saved up and saved up, was ready with all the mats for 5.2 to drop. I was going to go fight the guy or whatever, learn the new schematics, and spend the next 30 days converting my saved-up bars to the lightning whatevers. This was more excited and happy than I had been in all the rest of MOP. Naturally. All the mats are sitting in my low level monk alt's bank.
    Yeah the RNG on learning new profession recipes is a laugh can go for a week without learning a 522 pattern even though when you do you either A: can't afford the Haunting Spirits or B: you have better through raiding or VP's.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Yeah the RNG on learning new profession recipes is a laugh can go for a week without learning a 522 pattern even though when you do you either A: can't afford the Haunting Spirits or B: you have better through raiding or VP's.. lol
    It wasnt so bad for tailoring since there are only 4 sets but on my LW I still have over a week of discoveries to make and Ive been doing it every day. Too many different leather specs. But yeah unless you can get haunting spirit it doesnt matter. I wish you could buy them with VP or something or DE from LFR/VP gear. Also there are no VP 522 head or boot pieces so you have to get raid drops or craft them.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    It does get annoying when you can do an entire LFR quarter (3 bosses and get nothing), to the point even I will only run one maybe two LFR's because of the amount of hassle you have with groups and if you have a bad group you spend a couple hours in a LFR to wind up at the end with all gold drops, the RNG is flawed big time when this system first came in Cata thought cool this will stop the hassles of the old system. But in the cold light of day this new system is now even just as bad and more so if Blizz are saying this is spose to be the new for those to gear up their toons instead of 5 mans..
    I think the return on investment for players was just overall immensely higher from new 5 mans. There were still bad players, there was still RNG, but it was mitigated by the fact that players to rerun the content as they pleased.

On top of that, players had better access to valor and rep vendors, rep grinds weren't a chore, and justice points actually had value.

They've essentially thrown out all the freedom to gear as we please, and shoehorned everyone into LFR and dailies as the be-all-end-all means of gearing anything, be it main or alt. It used to be that if one couldn't raid, they had X, Y, and Z outlets for gear. Now they essentially tell us that there is one system to support players of all levels of dedication, and those who cannot dedicate time will simply just have to wait longer to get rewarded.
    Last edited by SumoSizeIt; 2013-04-24 at 09:34 PM.