Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Heres a recap of my last attempts...
    my best 3 try's we came so fucking close ... (1600 - 30 , 1600 - 50, 1600 - 20) .... but whatever you do allways to much enemys go to one of the starting bases and they get some quick points ....
    This is the most retarted achievement ever especially the way that the bases system in OG eots works .....
    Also i still don't understand why i didn't get the achiev for going 1600 - 0 in the Eots rbg version ...
    This game is just turning into more bullshit everyday ... glad my annual pass expires this month :s

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    In my opinion, Blizzard KILLED normal Battlegrounds when they removed the ability to make pre-mades. They focus on RBG, but all kind of Rated stuff, like RBG and Arena are completely worthless and insanely boring imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Fully agree with you on that and you know what is worst ? IT WAS ABSOLUTELY POINTLESS !!! Raid group removal was justified by baddies crying about being rolled by premades, so now instead of being raped by 15 people in 5 minutes they are being raped by 5 people for 15 minutes. What a great change !!!
    I myself run a totally cheesy setup with my friends ( Warr, DK, Mistweaver, Rdruid and shadow priest) and we have streak of 43 victories in 10/15 mans now. Lets face it, if someone bothers to make 5 man group for wsg/storm, have fully geared experienced people who have voice comm, the will always own enemy team. But i guess blizz is too arrogant to admit making mistake and reverting that horrible change.
    So...... giving yourself a communication and gear advantage in random bg's was the good old days, where you could steamroll 'baddies'... but now that there's a version that lets you face other communicating, likely geared teams, things are just awful?

Fascinating.

People are up in arms and threatening to quit because they're unable to get a 10 point achievement?

Really? I mean, seriously? A little perspective here guys....I'll totally concede that some achievements are hugely tougher than before but maybe that's a perk for long time players to have done these when they were 'current' content. Yes BG"s are still current but these are mature BG's that have been around for a long time.

It's not hard at all, disagree. I got all eots achievements 4+ years ago except the win 100 games one, and still haven't done it, got like 1-10 or something left CBA to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

What? It's not that hard.

Resilient victory, ON THE OTHER HAND.... 423 battles/235 victories in AB... Is this normal? Sometimes I get close, but I'm sadly grouped with people who:
    Can't read
    Want to win (it's not like you're gonna lose anyway!)
    Give up as soon as alliance takes a 3rd base
    Suck
    Are too pro.

Just... fuck my life

---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 05:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GregDub View Post
    Heres a recap of my last attempts...
    my best 3 try's we came so fucking close ... (1600 - 30 , 1600 - 50, 1600 - 20) .... but whatever you do allways to much enemys go to one of the starting bases and they get some quick points ....
    This is the most retarted achievement ever especially the way that the bases system in OG eots works .....
    Also i still don't understand why i didn't get the achiev for going 1600 - 0 in the Eots rbg version ...
    This game is just turning into more bullshit everyday ... glad my annual pass expires this month :s
    Uhm, if you did go 1600-0 in RBG you should've gotten it. I got Ab perfection (had it on an alt already) in an RBG group.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't read through all six pages of the crying, but IMO the ONLY achieve that needs to be removed/reworked is Cloud Nine in Twin Peaks. With the shortened timer its insanely difficult to capture/return 9 flags in one match without taking another 4 people in there with you. Every other achievement is doable. They may not be easy to get (case in point the perfection in a lot of BGs), but they ARE possible. I also did all my battlemaster without getting premade groups for it. Perfection was one of the annoying ones in EotS. A lot of it is playing a lot of matches and just having really good communication before the start of the BG. Try getting your group to push for perfection. You'd be surprised how often people are willing to try for it.

Don't get what all the fuss is about not being able to run "premades" in random BGs. Sure, it's limited to 5 now unless you opt for oQueue or such, but having 4 friends along can lead to great things.

Example: This past weekend, grouped with 4 friends and started queueing for random bgs. Got AB, won 1600-0. Next game, Gilneas: 2000-0. Got an EoTS either right before or after, and damn near won it 1600-0 (I think the tally was 1600-30 or some nonsense). We weren't even actively trying for these achieves. We just went in and beat the everliving hell out of people. We're far from being 2.5k+ arena all-stars, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Don't get what all the fuss is about not being able to run "premades" in random BGs. Sure, it's limited to 5 now unless you opt for oQueue or such, but having 4 friends along can lead to great things.

Example: This past weekend, grouped with 4 friends and started queueing for random bgs. Got AB, won 1600-0. Next game, Gilneas: 2000-0. Got an EoTS either right before or after, and damn near won it 1600-0 (I think the tally was 1600-30 or some nonsense). We weren't even actively trying for these achieves. We just went in and beat the everliving hell out of people. We're far from being 2.5k+ arena all-stars, too.
    Even with 4 others, Resilient Victory still proves to be one hell of a hard achievement to get, as the 10 other randoms are normally quite reluctant to help, because they're all seemingly on an agenda called "fuck Faenskap". Yes, I do QQ about this. But yeh, 10m bgs can be a breeze with 4 others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    What? It's not that hard.

Resilient victory, ON THE OTHER HAND.... 423 battles/235 victories in AB... Is this normal? Sometimes I get close, but I'm sadly grouped with people who:
    Can't read
    Want to win (it's not like you're gonna lose anyway!)
    Give up as soon as alliance takes a 3rd base
    Suck
    Are too pro.

Just... fuck my life

---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 05:12 PM ----------

Uhm, if you did go 1600-0 in RBG you should've gotten it. I got Ab perfection (had it on an alt already) in an RBG group.
    I did it in a RBG aswell and i didn't get it you used to but not anymore sadly.

---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 06:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post

The annoying part of the perfect storm is that the enemy team can get a base before you can even get there.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderWolf View Post
    I didn't read through all six pages of the crying, but IMO the ONLY achieve that needs to be removed/reworked is Cloud Nine in Twin Peaks. With the shortened timer its insanely difficult to capture/return 9 flags in one match without taking another 4 people in there with you. Every other achievement is doable. They may not be easy to get (case in point the perfection in a lot of BGs), but they ARE possible. I also did all my battlemaster without getting premade groups for it. Perfection was one of the annoying ones in EotS. A lot of it is playing a lot of matches and just having really good communication before the start of the BG. Try getting your group to push for perfection. You'd be surprised how often people are willing to try for it.
    We had a warrior trying to do this the other week. He got the best opposition to try this, it was a team that stayed in their base most of the time, and only sent 1 or 2 people to get our flag, I think he was at 5 returns when we were about to capture our third flag. So the player that had the flag waited in our room for the warrior to get some more returns, and when he got to 8 returns, the player that had the flag captured it. So much rage... It was kind of hilarious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrisUy View Post
    We had a warrior trying to do this the other week. He got the best opposition to try this, it was a team that stayed in their base most of the time, and only sent 1 or 2 people to get our flag, I think he was at 5 returns when we were about to capture our third flag. So the player that had the flag waited in our room for the warrior to get some more returns, and when he got to 8 returns, the player that had the flag captured it. So much rage... It was kind of hilarious.
    Not really, cloud 9 is almost impossible unless the whole team works for you to achieve that achievment. Btw he should've just Alt + F4 instead of leaving the battleground the normal way, apparently that's the intended way to get those achievments!

On topic. Am I the only one who has these achievments and knows perfectly fine that these achievments are royally messed up and some of them are nigh impossible to achieve without bug abusing/premade and is actually willing to admit it and cut people who don't have them some slack?

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    Even with 4 others, Resilient Victory still proves to be one hell of a hard achievement to get, as the 10 other randoms are normally quite reluctant to help, because they're all seemingly on an agenda called "fuck Faenskap". Yes, I do QQ about this. But yeh, 10m bgs can be a breeze with 4 others.
    That one is a bit different from the perfection wins, and has to be the hardest one of all to obtain. Sure, you could enter with 4 others and sandbag, but you would also have to figure out quickly if your team composition would allow you to come back to win. Then you need said folks to actually play along, rather than the agenda you colorfully described. :P

I got Resilient Victory in a total pug, a few weeks after achievements were added (it was still 3.0 era BC at the time). The funny thing about it: I swear we did that all the time back then. Fall way behind, then dislodge heads from asses and come back to win.

That said, what I think makes RV such a ball breaker now is that the amount of gap you have to come back from wasn't adjusted when the point total to win was dropped. It was 500 points when the score to win was 2000. It's still a 500 point gap to overcome, yet the points to win is now 1600. Should've been bumped down to a 400 point gap.

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 04:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Not really, cloud 9 is almost impossible unless the whole team works for you to achieve that achievment. Btw he should've just Alt + F4 instead of leaving the battleground the normal way, apparently that's the intended way to get those achievments!

On topic. Am I the only one who has these achievments and knows perfectly fine that these achievments are royally messed up and some of them are nigh impossible to achieve without bug abusing/premade and is actually willing to admit it and cut people who don't have them some slack?
    Yeah, the easy way to get cloud 9 is to let the game boot you out of the bg instead of hitting exit. Didn't know alt f4 worked as well.

If you are solo queueing with hopes of getting many of these achieves...yeah, it would be soul crushing. You would almost be hoping someone else brings in a premade group and goes for it. I think my railing here comes against folks who are QQing about not being able to field full premades for random bgs, when a group of 3-5 can easily turn the tide and make these achieves happen (for the most part).

If you think achievements are too hard maybe you don't deserve the meta, have you every thought of that?

PErsonally I don't like the defend flag achievement. Especially 3 in one BG. Its perfectly doable but also so easy to cheese.

Deleted
    i like it when these achievement really needs some effort to get got +17k and still missing Battlemaster mostly cause i didnt play when achievements came and lost all of my bg wins with my former main.... got conqueror title on it and still every bg got 0 wins

10+ Year Old Account
    I got pretty much most of BM by myself as resto. I only asked for help for capping flags in alterac valley.

I guess I just got lucky with some of the ones that are really difficult now.
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

Deleted
    Got every achievement by just queueing up. the only achievements I miss are wins and caps/defend achs for battlemaster(av, although I did like a billion av's in tbc....) and khan.
    these achievements occur alot more than you think..

Quote Originally Posted by Nindayse View Post
    it's almost impossible to get now that you can't get into regular bg's with more than 4 other people and also you can't get the achies in RBG anymore.

Anyone else think it shouldn't be needed?

Its not that hard to get actually. You get it in the 1st 2mins of the bg or you dont at all. All you have to do is have half your team zerg belf, and the other FRR. Wipe both groups at each node. Then have most of the team sit at their spawn platform and kill them as they hit the ground. All you need is 4 people to drop back and cap DR and MT. 1 flag cap and its gg.

You cant get it in an rbg setting bc the EotS rbg map is a different map to the game, and the achievement is tied to the random map set-up.