YogsCast Youtube Channel Closed by Youtube?

Seems like youtube has closed the main YogsCast youtube account. I have no clue why, but when I try to go to their page it says "This account has been terminated due to repeated or severe violations of our Community Guidelines." It is only Simon and Lewis' channel that seems to be deleted. The other member's plages are still active.
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

Deleted
    The Yogscast @yogscast
    we are aware that the main channel has been falsely flagged and we are looking into it ASAP - Hannah

from their twitter feed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    They've already announced on their Twitter feed that a video was falsely flagged and are working to get it reversed ASAP.
    it's even more retarded than that.

Apparently, some disgruntled fanboy flagged their account as being owned by someone that's younger than 13, which is against the Youtube Terms. I can understand that people might think that from the juvenile humor used, but really? is that the best they can do? what's next? reporting Totalbiscuit for supposedly being in Syria?

Its stupid but amusing at the same time. Who would flag an account for that though haha
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vallin View Post
    Its stupid but amusing at the same time. Who would flag an account for that though haha
    Well, a troll, for one.

And / or perhaps a disgruntled hater who just wants to lay misfortune upon them regardless of whether it has any permanent damage or not, just to try and see them squirm, if only a little.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaiara View Post
    * /applaud

If they don't check these things and just close the account on a couple of these reports that's stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    * /applaud

If they don't check these things and just close the account on a couple of these reports that's stupid.
    I was just thinking that. It is utterly retarded and very poor quality of service to just close an account when someone makes accusations like this.
    Before you close an account you check it with the user.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

I fault Youtube way more than shaming any troll for what they've done. YOU'VE SENT THEM AN AWARD, YOU KNOW THEM. This is even worse than Bioware banning that guy that said, "I'm 12 and what is this?"

Deleted
    And meanwhile, there are millions of facebook accounts for babies, toddlers, preteens and pets that continue to exist, blissfully unaware that they are not allowed under the terms of use... when facebook finally cracks down on this, they're likely going to lose 50M or so.

You'd think they'd double check if the channel they're banning has more than, say, 100 subs
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    You'd think they'd double check if the channel they're banning has more than, say, 100 subs
    Yogscast has 4.5M subs. they're in the top 15 of most popular youtube channels, and 3rd most popular specifically dedicated to gaming (pewdiepie and machinima are the only bigger ones). and it's even just based on a baseless claim. the only possible reason I could imagine this being even remotely possible is if Lewis was born on a leap day and youtube somehow counts actual birthdays instead of years lived.

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 04:52 PM ----------

The Yogscast account seems to be active again. I can't test because I'm at work, but according to the various Yogscast twitter feeds, it should be back to normal.