When is this game going free 2 play?

I can't believe they still have the nerve to ask 16$ + expansion costs for this fossil. They'd probably get millions of players to return to the game if they let us play our character without coughing up such an obscene amount of money for the content we're given. Hell, the only endgame for this game is PVP, once you've done the raids about a million times. They're even bringing back OLD raids to REDO again, how desperate is that? Can't believe people still pay for this crap.

Deleted
    They still have around 10 million subs, why should they make it free 2 play?

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its never going free to play as long as people pay for it simple logic right?

I have the feeling this is a not-so-cleverly-disguised attempt to bash on WoW.

And as long as they have a lot of subscribers it'll be P2P

So . . . they could give up all those paying subs to get a few million leeches to play for free? Well I know I'm sold, I'm sure activision will get right on that deal!

Deleted
    It is already free to play. Up to level 20.

To do that download the "starter edition".

https://us.battle.net/account/creation/wow/signup/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    It is already free to play. Up to level 20.
    This is called trial.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never still one of the highest profit games within history? Why take it away? Would be dumb especially as a company. Despite It's a fossil A LOT of people still play it regardless of outcome it won't be free2p for a very very long time.

Blizzard I am sure is sorry their game doesn't suck like its competition. They will go f2p in about 5 years when subs finally drop below double their rivals.

I must have missed something. What old raids are they going to redo? And with 10 millions subs they dont need to go free 2 play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah okay I just spent a month going through a few other MMO's.

...I'm still okay with this system. You get the kind of customer support, community, encounter design and story that most MMO's could only dream of. Bar maybe one or two, and their freemium crap gets you eventually if you dig that rabbit hole as deep as you're allowed to go in WoW and can in some cases bury you deeper than a stable subscription format can.

As soon as an MMO with all of what WoW offers plus a better payment plan comes around. People aren't going to budge. And all these new MMO's fail to capture it all. I am perfectly fine paying a subscription for this. When I'm a bit tired of it, I unsubscribe.

Also they only make you pay for the two latest expansions. Once two are out, the former becomes part of the battlechest (aka: root game). Its costly yes, and I still think the initial down-payment on starting WoW could be worked to be a little better, but your anger here is very unnecessary and should be reworded in a well thought out 'WHY YOU THINK THIS' on Blizzards forums. No one here is likely going to give you much affirmation.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

I'll never play this game again unless it becomes Free2Play, between Firefall and Guild Wars 2 and TOR and every other shooter and strategy game out there I don't see why I would ever pay 16$/month for a game whose only fun experience is doing everything for the first time. Everything else is grind4gear.

WoW offers nothing except an addictive type "achievement" mentality, except you don't achieve anything after 3 months of grinding gear, you just have the impression you do because it takes so long.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisWillNotStand View Post
    I'll never play this game again unless it becomes Free2Play,
    And you have yet to explain why anyone should care.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't going anywhere fast.

You might want to be a little more constructive with your criticism in the future. "I can't believe people still pay for this crap" isn't a very good note to start a topic on.