Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Short question as we're currently progressing on that fight:
    If a player is afflicted by Anima Font, can this player move to a position where he won't reach any other player or is it impossible to outrange that effect?
    Yes he can, we have all ranged except warlocks (who are on matter swap duty) stacked and person who got font, use warlock gate and move to other side of room, you just need to be sure he wont be most far person to not get swap.

People need to understand how siphon anima works. The goal of the fight is to get as much anima into as few things as possible. I strongly recommend 3 tank, 2/3 healing it.

Here's a basic overview of how the fight works:

25 small golems
    3 inactive large golems
    2 massive golems

Massive golem 1 = 9 small golem
    Massive golem 2 = 9 small golem
    Inactive Large 1 = 2 small golem
    Inactive Large 2 = 2 small golem
    Inactive Large 3 = 2 small golem
    1 small left over goes into dark animus

You have 2 minutes to do phase 1 and get all the anima into these before he drains. I strongly recommend keeping the 1 extra small on your main tank to build extra vengeance on the boss. Many inactive small golems can be killed instantly on the pull to go into inactive large golems.

When the Massive anima golem is at 32 / 36 energy ( 4 siphon ) each off tank will drag it over to the large inactive and kill it because they will be at 4/8 and that remaining 4 will refill the massive back up to 36. This is how you get a 6 minute fight.

Position two DPS on opposite sides of the room for matter swap, most likely someone with high health or damage reduction and mobility. Watch your feet and stop casting during jolt. Pretty simple once you get the first two minutes down.
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2013-05-10 at 11:57 AM.

Deleted
    In our first kill we used a prot pala and brew monk and 2 disc healers. It is nowhere near a perfect setup but if you have a prot pala and a disc healer the prot should be able to tank 4 adds at the start and kill them off very easily buying you time before the first drain anima. We cleared all the small golems into disabled larges and the two massives without activating any larges.

If however you want to run with 3 healers you can kill off a disabled large in a massive as soon as there is room for the anima, this will buy you an extra 1-2 drains.

But as others have said I think 3 tanking 2 healing is probably the easiest as it gives players alot more room to fail on moving from anima font which is the major problem for this encounter. Also having a warlock soak all the matter swaps makes the fight alot easier. You just let the debuff run out and the lock stacks up absorbs or whatever they have and you don't have to worry about wasting healer GCDs during the last phase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrage View Post
    Not sure if its good idea go with 3 tanks, you would need insane dps to kill it before 100 energy. Warrior si definately by far best tank, since he can avoid all Anima Rings. (Intervene, Charge, Leap). Also, you gonna have A LOT low % wipes, its really frustrating fight to be honest...
    It's not that high dps req tbh, it was probably impossible the first week but now everyone have very good gear compared to then. We have 3 healed 3 tanked every kill and have never had a problem with reaching full power

Deleted
    Yes he can, we have all ranged except warlocks (who are on matter swap duty) stacked and person who got font, use warlock gate and move to other side of room, you just need to be sure he wont be most far person to not get swap.
    If that works it would be amazing. Thanks for the tip.

Why are Warlocks on matter swap duty? Portal?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Why are Warlocks on matter swap duty? Portal?
    Insane survivability

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ballong View Post
    Insane survivability
    And they have pretty much 100-150k more hp than the normal non-tank do they not? This means you can dispell a lot earlier and are able to not have people die to swap + jolt combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    And they have pretty much 100-150k more hp than the normal non-tank do they not? This means you can dispell a lot earlier and are able to not have people die to swap + jolt combo.
    More than that with Soul Link.

We have 2 warlocks in our 10 man. We have them both spec soul link and stand on opposite sides of the room, meaning one of them is always the target of matter swap. We don't dispel matter swap, ever. Works well.

Dno why people are all 3 tanking this, 2 tanking it is quite easy if you have able tanks. BrMs, paladins and DKs are all exceptional for the boss.

Paladins can take 3 adds in teh beginning
    BrMs can negate most of the anima rings
    DKs can handle the debuff rly well

As for p2 - 2 tanking is quite easy

no one explosive slam will ever kill you, and you will nevr take 2 explosive slams in the exact same instant, maybe 0.5 seconds apart, but never in the same instant. The massives dont hit for anything, the key to surviving them is about effective health.

Most tank classes can take up to 4 stacks, so call for the taunts to come rolling in when the 3rd stack has been applied since it takes 8 seconds to switch them over (unless youre a BrM, in which case AoE taunt, KS and mash boss).

Thats the basic way to do it, that every tank spec can do.. if you cant do this.. you rly shouldnt be doing DA in the first place. Some classes can take shortcuts, BrMs have transcendece and AoE provoke. DK's have AMS/AMZ and and death grip (second taunt). Paladins have DS to clear stacks. Warriors have Vigilance to remove the CD on their taunt. Druids.. well druids are the short straw here.

Take any tank pair you want, all of them bring something that works. 2 tanking the fight is quite easy, you just have to get used to saving your and using your AM properly.

For those, scared about Jolts, treat jolts as an explosive slam, so use your AM accordingly.

ps: For BrM's out there, dont use ZM on the jolt, use it for the slams when they come in unison. Use Diffuse Magic when trans is on CD and your rotted with the Ring and a font under you. You also never ever need to target the Massives, just use a KS after the AoE Provoke to grab aggro (if on CD use 1 SCK)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    People need to understand how siphon anima works. The goal of the fight is to get as much anima into as few things as possible. I strongly recommend 3 tank, 2/3 healing it.

Here's a basic overview of how the fight works:

25 small golems
    3 inactive large golems
    2 massive golems

Massive golem 1 = 9 small golem
    Massive golem 2 = 9 small golem
    Inactive Large 1 = 2 small golem
    Inactive Large 2 = 2 small golem
    Inactive Large 3 = 2 small golem
    1 small left over goes into dark animus

You have 2 minutes to do phase 1 and get all the anima into these before he drains. I strongly recommend keeping the 1 extra small on your main tank to build extra vengeance on the boss. Many inactive small golems can be killed instantly on the pull to go into inactive large golems.

When the Massive anima golem is at 32 / 36 energy ( 4 siphon ) each off tank will drag it over to the large inactive and kill it because they will be at 4/8 and that remaining 4 will refill the massive back up to 36. This is how you get a 6 minute fight.

Position two DPS on opposite sides of the room for matter swap, most likely someone with high health or damage reduction and mobility. Watch your feet and stop casting during jolt. Pretty simple once you get the first two minutes down.
    such a good post

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Short question as we're currently progressing on that fight:
    If a player is afflicted by Anima Font, can this player move to a position where he won't reach any other player or is it impossible to outrange that effect?
    According to Devai's stream (Paragon), yes, you can.

They have warlock portal near the stacked raid and the one who gets the Anima Font uses the portal to get away from the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    Druids.. well druids are the short straw here.
    Guardians can actually avoid every 2nd Anima Ring as well, using Displacer beast (20 yard teleport). Sure it activates cat form but an instant shift afterwards and walking back to the boss means DA rarely moves more than a few yards (if you DB at the right angle).

Nice tip about the Font/gateway!

Put in our first attempts last night. Tried 2tank/3heal but it was getting messy.

BrM on boss, Protpal on add duty.

I would get 3 adds at the start (and lulvengeance) and tear through the other mini golems, fill up one massive, then dash across room to start on the other. Problems would usually arise about here, as we'd have people out of position and get swapped, or font'ed.

I've suggested that we have our DK go blood and put the 2 of us on the massives at the start, simultaneously. This should give us 6 golems on tanks (3 on me, 2 on DK, 1 on Monk w/ boss) freeing up a healer or DPS at the start. We'd then move through the room collecting/filling, before finally parking on/near a large inactive (that we will later kill into the massive after drains).

Can the monk transcend into/out of the anima rings? I know that the DK can AMS off slams, but I can only bubble them off every ~2.5 mins; is this often enough? Would we be ok to 2 heal this, or is 3 safer? Healers are Disc, MW, HPal. I feel like we should save lust for burning DA, since tank damage is insane on the little adds at the start and not needed after; is this a good idea for ppl who 3tank & 2/3heal? Anything else look weird in our strat?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Put in our first attempts last night. Tried 2tank/3heal but it was getting messy.

I would get 3 adds at the start (and lulvengeance) and tear through the other mini golems, fill up one massive, then dash across room to start on the other. Problems would usually arise about here, as we'd have people out of position and get swapped, or font'ed.

I've suggested that we have our DK go blood and put the 2 of us on the massives at the start, simultaneously. This should give us 6 golems on tanks (3 on me, 2 on DK, 1 on Monk w/ boss) freeing up a healer or DPS at the start. We'd then move through the room collecting/filling, before finally parking on/near a large inactive (that we will later kill into the massive after drains).

Can the monk transcend into/out of the anima rings? I know that the DK can AMS off slams, but I can only bubble them off every ~2.5 mins; is this often enough? Would we be ok to 2 heal this, or is 3 safer? Healers are Disc, MW, HPal. I feel like we should save lust for burning DA, since tank damage is insane on the little adds at the start and not needed after; is this a good idea for ppl who 3tank & 2/3heal? Anything else look weird in our strat?

Thanks!
    We 3 tank / 2 heal. 2 blood dks + prot pally. Prot pally picks up an add + boss. 1 blood dk picks up 3 adds and dumps them into massive. Other blood dk picks up 2 adds and dumps them into inactive / massive. You don't want both massives coming alive at the same time due to matter swap. Having 2 tanks taking 3 adds will stress your healers if you are 2 healing it. We also lust at the start. The goal is to have all the little golems in something else before the first siphon.

Quote Originally Posted by iDrunkenheal View Post
    We 3 tank / 2 heal. 2 blood dks + prot pally. Prot pally picks up an add + boss. 1 blood dk picks up 3 adds and dumps them into massive. Other blood dk picks up 2 adds and dumps them into inactive / massive. You don't want both massives coming alive at the same time due to matter swap. Having 2 tanks taking 3 adds will stress your healers if you are 2 healing it. We also lust at the start. The goal is to have all the little golems in something else before the first siphon.
    Yeah since DK is offspec, I'd only give him 2 adds (3 on me, and 1 on monk tank with boss).

So we should stagger the activation of the massives then? By like...10 seconds, or what?

Not worried about the time, honestly, as we were getting them all down when I was 1-tanking the adds, so having 2 gatherers should only make it faster (or at least the same), no? I guess we can adjust lust based on hitting max energy, just seemed like overkill last night with vengeance levels as high as they were for me (was 1-shotting inactives and damn near 2-shotting active small golems).
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    With 3 tanks and 2 healers we found it easier to just ignore that part. After filling up the Massive ones to full we just burn the boss. This week it died in 5:02 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofifi View Post
    With 3 tanks and 2 healers we found it easier to just ignore that part. After filling up the Massive ones to full we just burn the boss. This week it died in 5:02 minutes.
    Good to know! Were you close to needing to do it, or was it pretty obvious that it'd be skippable? Trying to gauge if the lost DPS time from the tank(s) on animus would be worth it.
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post

Thanks!
    We 3 heal 3 tank since we just found it easier and we have the required dps, so if you have fairly decent DPSers you can try that out (we usually kill him at 96 energy anyways so theres room for failures etc it's not super tight)

Other than that I recommend using lust right of the bat, we tried both saving & using at the start and found that lusting right away just gave us higher dps overall and more time on the boss even though some of the lust time wasn't used only on the boss. I guess this varies from group to group beacuse I've seen alot of people successfully use lust later aswell so you just have to find what works best for you

The thing with 3 tanking is that it goes alot faster in the start since tanks can just take one side each and then 1 tank on boss, when we were 2 tanking we sometimes didn't make the requirment of dumping everything before our first siphon if tanks would get swapped etc and we just felt it was alot more RNG'ish with 2 tanks (we did have a sub 5 % wipe though but we very rarely got that far into the fight).

We have our warrior tank take boss + 1 add and our prot pally 3 adds and monk 3 adds ( I belive but not 100 % sure, monk might just be taking 2 to not put to much pressure on healers in the start)