Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Good to know! Were you close to needing to do it, or was it pretty obvious that it'd be skippable? Trying to gauge if the lost DPS time from the tank(s) on animus would be worth it.
    I wouldn't worry about DPS. There's a lot of things you can do to extend the "enrage" for long enough to kill the boss even with DPS that you shouldn't have if you're up to Animus. If you are putting mini golems into the inactive larges at the start, after 4 siphons your massive will be at 32/36 and your large will be at 4/8, so pull the massive over and have your tank one shot the large to top the massive back off. This essentially means the boss will take an extra 2 siphons to hit 100. We only put golems into one inactive large at the start and the enrage felt reallllly long. If you put them into all 3 you'd have ages, probably longer than you will end up surviving.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Good to know! Were you close to needing to do it, or was it pretty obvious that it'd be skippable? Trying to gauge if the lost DPS time from the tank(s) on animus would be worth it.
    It was pretty obvious that it's skippable, we wanted to bring the movement to a minimum so we can maximise DPS on the boss. You should be looking at that in Phase 1 as well - how to do the most damage to the boss. With the 2 Massives tanks taking 3 small adds each from the begining and then taunting off more, gives a lot of time to the DPSers to nuke the boss from the very start.

Here's our first kill where my add wasn't even topped on the first syphon because I got loads of matter swaps. Even then we still didn't fill them up after the 4th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW9DL5-mq-g
    Last edited by Tofifi; 2013-05-18 at 09:51 PM.

We just did our first night on this and I was wondering how people handle matter swap before all the small golems have been killed. Once we are burning the boss, we have our warlock taking the swaps and we are trying to always coordinate it in the beginning so a tank doesn't get swapped.

The hardest thing for us seems to be when one person gets two matter swap debuffs at once. How are people handling this? We are letting them expire naturally so they don't have both debuffs hit at the same time, but then it's difficult to know who is going to take that huge dmg spike across the room since everyone is pretty spread in the beginning.
    Aerzara, Discipline Priest
    <Modest> 14/14H - US 2nd 10m Guild

Quote Originally Posted by blusenho View Post
    We just did our first night on this and I was wondering how people handle matter swap before all the small golems have been killed. Once we are burning the boss, we have our warlock taking the swaps and we are trying to always coordinate it in the beginning so a tank doesn't get swapped.

The hardest thing for us seems to be when one person gets two matter swap debuffs at once. How are people handling this? We are letting them expire naturally so they don't have both debuffs hit at the same time, but then it's difficult to know who is going to take that huge dmg spike across the room since everyone is pretty spread in the beginning.
    You shouldn't get two at once, ever. Change the time at which you activate the second massive golem.

Deleted
    We found that activating the 2nd massive right when the 1st matter swap occured gave us spare time beetween the swaps, greatly reducing random deaths in ph2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    Thats the basic way to do it, that every tank spec can do.. if you cant do this.. you rly shouldnt be doing DA in the first place. Some classes can take shortcuts, BrMs have transcendece and AoE provoke. DK's have AMS/AMZ and and death grip (second taunt). Paladins have DS to clear stacks. Warriors have Vigilance to remove the CD on their taunt. Druids.. well druids are the short straw here.
    Guardians also have a cooldown that makes Growl spamable.

Deleted
    Zen Teleport, Life Grip etc no longer work to exit the Anima Rings. Why would they change that now

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    Zen Teleport, Life Grip etc no longer work to exit the Anima Rings. Why would they change that now
    They changed some things on Lei Shen too. Really threw us off. We haven't pulled Ra-den yet this week, but I wonder what they adjusted on that fight too.

I wonder if these are bugs or intentional changes.

Deleted
    Just got matter swap through an almost despawned rings and picked up 12 stacks instantly. Nice

Just got matter swap through an almost despawned rings and picked up 12 stacks instantly. Nice
    Weeee, love patch days.

I thought the Durumu Crimson Fog stuff was annoying enough, along with broken DBM/Bigwig sound alerts. Nice to know we have more to look forward to this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Wondering if anyone keeps track of the Critically Damaged golem setup from week to week. Since my guild is progressing on this right now it would be of huge value to know what the arrangement is before we get to it so I can do the positioning work beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by xinc View Post
    Wondering if anyone keeps track of the Critically Damaged golem setup from week to week. Since my guild is progressing on this right now it would be of huge value to know what the arrangement is before we get to it so I can do the positioning work beforehand.
    The setup changes. Positioning is pretty straight forward. Assign tanks to two spots where they can grab two golems front and back to keep them from linking. Have one or two dps, melee usually, kill their's into a large critical and start taking care of the ones on the tanks after that. Have everyone else pick an unassigned golem and make sure no one else is near the one they pick already.

Sounds like you're referring to normal though, which I agree it's not a big deal for. On heroic I've found that it helps to arrange people so that you're more likely to get everything set up correctly in the first 2 minutes, especially in a 2 tank strategy. Without knowing what the arrangement of the critically damaged adds is beforehand, this process takes ~10 minutes of valuable progression time.

We're 3 tank 2 healing with prot pal double blood dk and hpal disc. With the ilevel upgrades and potential cloaks, you dont even need the extra time from the deactivated golems it seems. Kill all the smalls minus 1 before the first jolt goes out split evenly between both massives and then just dot the final small golem that's being used as a vengeance boost on the main tank, after the first jolt.

All planed to fuck us up Carla.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

We were initially 3 tanking and 3 healing while learning the fight but are going to drop down to 2 healers to make sure we beat the dps check.

We are using two protection paladins and one warrior. Currently the two paladins are on massives and the warrior is on boss.

What would be the optimal way to tank "phase 2" to minimize the amount of stacks on each tank to help out healers? How should the tanks be planning their cooldowns?
    Aerzara, Discipline Priest
    <Modest> 14/14H - US 2nd 10m Guild

The tank that is tanking the boss should just take take the massives from time to time so that your other tanks reset stacks. The first swap I do when I have 7,8 stacks. When the massives become empowered the swap should happen quiet often, at about 2,3 stacks.

we are going to be working on this tomorrow and reading this thread and the other one and watching some 30 odd videos i still cant figure out exactly how to handle the first 2 minutes. 3 tank 3 heal.

with just 4 dps do they start on the boss at the beginning with lust and just never leave the boss or do some dps have to kill their adds into large inactives like on normal?

does 1 of the side tanks activate massive and round up all the smalls on his side, other side tank kill 2 smalls into large inactive then activates his massive and picks up the rest of the smalls on his side? Or do we need to have 6 small golems filled into the 3 large inactive at the start? or do we ignore putting any smalls into large inactives and just fill up the massives? this is what i need clarification on.
    Last edited by weakdots; 2013-05-29 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    we are going to be working on this tomorrow and reading this thread and the other one and watching some 30 odd videos i still cant figure out exactly how to handle the first 2 minutes. 3 tank 3 heal.

with just 4 dps do they start on the boss at the beginning with lust and just never leave the boss or do some dps have to kill their adds into large inactives like on normal?

does 1 of the side tanks activate massive and round up all the smalls on his side, other side tank kill 2 smalls into large inactive then activates his massive and picks up the rest of the smalls on his side? Or do we need to have 6 small golems filled into the 3 large inactive at the start? or do we ignore putting any smalls into large inactives and just fill up the massives? this is what i need clarification on.
    We have 2 of our tanks get 3 adds each and cleave them down really fast, so that's 6 adds into a massive straight away. Two of our casters put their adds into an inactive large immediately, then hopped on the boss. That leaves 4 adds which are sitting on other people. 3 of these we put into the massive bringing it to 9/9. The last add we just let sit on our tank for the rest of the fight so it would take the empower stacks instead of the massives. Shortly after the initial 6 adds were taken care of the 2nd tank went and filled the other massive up with 9 inactive mini golems. After some practice we were getting both golems filled nearly 45 seconds before the first siphon.

As for what to DPS, yeah you hit the boss after you have agro on your golem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    We have 2 of our tanks get 3 adds each and cleave them down really fast, so that's 6 adds into a massive straight away. Two of our casters put their adds into an inactive large immediately, then hopped on the boss. That leaves 4 adds which are sitting on other people. 3 of these we put into the massive bringing it to 9/9. The last add we just let sit on our tank for the rest of the fight so it would take the empower stacks instead of the massives. Shortly after the initial 6 adds were taken care of the 2nd tank went and filled the other massive up with 9 inactive mini golems. After some practice we were getting both golems filled nearly 45 seconds before the first siphon.

As for what to DPS, yeah you hit the boss after you have agro on your golem.
    so we only fill 1 large inactive? do you later have 1 of the side tanks kill that same large inactive into a massive or ignored it? and you are saying you had both side tanks active their massive at the same time? i thought this caused problems with matter swap