"Demo Banner Active" - "Demo Banner Down"

I'm almost ashamed to post this question. I've seen streams and videos of warriors popping CDs and have a /say message stating that the CD is up, then an auto message saying the CD is down. How do I make a macro to do this?

Thanks for the help.

10+ Year Old Account
    /yell demo banner up
    /in 15 /yell demo banner down
    but you need a library to do that (Ace) or you can get an spell announcer addon

Deleted
    if you have an Ace library installed (many popular addons have one), you can do the following:

/cast *war banner name*
    /say *war banner name* active
    /in *warbanner duration* /say *war banner name* duration

however, this macro says the lines every time you press it. there is no way for a macro to stop proceeding if a spell fails to cast for some reason. if you want something that only says it once, you need an addon like mentioned above. these listen to combat log events to indicate someone cast the spell to basically execute the above /say and /in X /say lines.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally do my shouts through Weak Aura, pretty easy to set up and it won't yell on a failed attempt.

Deleted
    Clampys Weak auras protection group has this built in.
    Personally, i use dbm for this:
    /dbm broadcast timer 00:15 Demo Banner

You'll get a nice progress bar counting down thats raid wide, optionally you can add /s Demo banner down or w/e

10+ Year Old Account
    I think slamandawe does this too.

Deleted
    I use "GetBannered" and "GetRallyingCried" addons.

Those messages are worthless spam to be honest. Anyone that actually cares about knowing when raid CDs are up should have auras to track them.

Broadcasting a dbm timer is even worse than spamming chat.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    /yell demo banner up
    /in 15 /yell demo banner down
    but you need a library to do that (Ace) or you can get an spell announcer addon
    you can get addon called slashin... it allows the use of /in command

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucious View Post
    I'm almost ashamed to post this question. I've seen streams and videos of warriors popping CDs and have a /say message stating that the CD is up, then an auto message saying the CD is down. How do I make a macro to do this?

Thanks for the help.
    This is a fine question to ask and learn from others. I personally use RSA as already suggested. I like RSA as you can easily see all you CDs, adjust which ones announce, what it says and it also has a nice feature called Smart Group which automatically announces in your instance, raid or party along with /say or /yell if you like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    Those messages are worthless spam to be honest. Anyone that actually cares about knowing when raid CDs are up should have auras to track them.

Broadcasting a dbm timer is even worse than spamming chat.
    You do know it takes one click to disable the timers from dbm, right ?
    My dps hates me for it, my healers love me for it, cant make everyone happy i guess... :P
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-04-25 at 09:58 AM.

Deleted
    BigWigs common auras, has bars built in for this which are more useful than just /say or /yell
    But if you still want to do this for whatever reason I would recommend using WeakAuras