Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Ring of Peace - Most annoying spell in the game

I always hated "Fear" cause how annoying and OP it was. Well it wasn't the fear itself rather than you running about like a headless chicken rather than cowering in one place.

Anyways, Ring of Peace seems to take the cake though. Not only is it on 45 sec CD, but it requires no skill. Shockwave for warriors were nerfed cause of its AOE stun and that it required not much to be done for something that big.

How is it any different from Ring of Peace? You are basically locked down for 8 sec. To top it off, if you get caught in a Fists of Furry, you are basically locked out for most of an entire minute before both these come of CD.

This is currently the most annoying ability in the game and something needs to be done about. The CD should at least be 2 mins for an ability as OP as this.

and if you are a melee you are locked out for another 8 seconds with the weapon grip thing and then you are rooted and then you are incapped with that purple hand and tadaa , 15-20 secs till next ring of peace

I've just came here to post something about ring of peace but OP has beaten me into it

I was fighting against a resto shaman/monk just for the sake of the cap , our mmr is like 1900 or something ; the resto shaman was in no mana for 15 mins and I couldnt even touch him or the monk at all becasue basicly I'm off the game half of the time only with the cc from monk.. I've decided to close the game before I break a hardware piece or a hand bone..

Mage/rogue dmg and monk CC has to go away , at a fast pace...

1 spell that can shut down an entire team, yet 45s...seems legit

Blizzard wants more monks in PvP, so working as intended..

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most annoying ability. It wins the award from Cyclone, which I still consider BS at best. Cooldown needs to be upped somewhat. At the Moment Monks have an untrinketable stun and the option of an AoE Throwdown or an ability that currently neutralizes Warriors entirely and hampers everything else.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

In 2s it's pretty cheesy. A Monk can lock down nearly every single kill attempt on his healer from a melee class, and it can be very frustrating for melee classes to try and land kills against Monks. It's probably why Hunter/Disc is strong at the moment, it's one of the only comps that counters WW/Healer.

However, Ring of Peace isn't nearly enough for a monk to stay alive in 3s against burst cleaves. I've lost games vs multi-glad Thugcleaves in the opening 30 seconds, where they have trained me through touch of karma, last stand, ring of peace and the casted disarm (they actually broke touch of karma with damage in about 3-4 globals).

There is an argument to be made whether Mistweaver monks need it, though.
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-04-24 at 03:21 PM.

Cooldown needs to be 2 minutes;

Either that or some abilities need to counter it and be usable inside the bubble.
    (Pre-"casted" melee channels? Bladestorm, Fists of Fury - ect?)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Blizzard wants more monks in PvP, so working as intended..
    Wrong way to go about it imo. How about create a class that people actually wanna play? When i saw the beer keg throwing bit i cringed, hard. Why couldn't they make them more like diablo monks and less of a fetish for samwise?
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    Wrong way to go about it imo. How about create a class that people actually wanna play? When i saw the beer keg throwing bit i cringed, hard. Why couldn't they make them more like diablo monks and less of a fetish for samwise?
    Wonder if there's a way to raise complaints about how the monk class is glorifying alcohol abuse to impressionable teens?
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    In 2s it's pretty cheesy. A Monk can lock down nearly every single kill attempt on his healer from a melee class, and it can be very frustrating for melee classes to try and land kills against Monks. It's probably why Hunter/Disc is strong at the moment, it's one of the only comps that counters WW/Healer.

However, Ring of Peace isn't nearly enough for a monk to stay alive in 3s against burst cleaves. I've lost games vs multi-glad Thugcleaves in the opening 30 seconds, where they have trained me through touch of karma, last stand, ring of peace and the casted disarm (they actually broke touch of karma with damage in about 3-4 globals).

There is an argument to be made whether Mistweaver monks need it, though.
    but thats thugcleave. a whole other level of dumb.

i've found ring of peace surprisingly not annoying since i can kite it out pretty easily even on my warrior.

shuriken toss however, i have no words for how much i hate this ability, and its not just the noise. i can deal a ton of damage from range, but all of it has a fairly steep resource cost. shuriken toss being spammable as it is would be like my judgement and exorcism having 1 second cooldowns. and i can just spam those and beat into people with harsh words. thats what shuriken toss/deadly throw is like.

have i mentioned the god damn noise?
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    Yeah instead of baseing the class of off the Warcraft version, they should have based it off an entirely different game...

On another note; People don't seem to understand WWs. Their survivability comes from mobility and control. If you nurf their control they are more of a free kill then they already are.

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 09:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    Cooldown needs to be 2 minutes;

Either that or some abilities need to counter it and be usable inside the bubble.
    (Pre-"casted" melee channels? Bladestorm, Fists of Fury - ect?)
    Those are usable inside RoP, Bladestorm can not be disarmed anymore, and Monks can attack without a weapon they just do absurdly low damage.

Well the worst part about this ability is that for Death Knights it completely locks you for 8 secs. You are silenced and disarmed. There is nothing you can. You can trinket but still you come back in the circle.

Its annoying and frustrating cause it takes no skill to use it. One of the reasons why Dks Frozen Ground or whatever that spell was removed. It was too OP. Ring of Peace is completely broken in its current state. Even if it was a 45 sec CD, at least remove the silence. Currently it does both so there is nothing you can do. You can't use any of your CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    but thats thugcleave. a whole other level of dumb.

i've found ring of peace surprisingly not annoying since i can kite it out pretty easily even on my warrior.
    Yeah, the only class I feel sorry for during Ring of Peace are Boomkins. If their displacer is down there is literally 0 escape mechanics to get out of it. They can't even powershift because it silences them. Every other class has some sort of snare/root/cc which they can do to 'somewhat' counter it.

Ring of Peace will just take a while to get used too for most people. If you really think it's stupidly overpowered just play Monk on PTR for a couple of BGs/Arenas and you'll realise why they need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    Yeah instead of baseing the class of off the Warcraft version, they should have based it off an entirely different game...

On another note; People don't seem to understand WWs. Their survivability comes from mobility and control. If you nurf their control they are more of a free kill then they already are.
    Think Paladins and Elemental Shamans would like a word with you. They are pretty easy kills outside their CDs. However, Monks have everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    Well the worst part about this ability is that for Death Knights it completely locks you for 8 secs. You are silenced and disarmed. There is nothing you can. You can trinket but still you come back in the circle.

Its annoying and frustrating cause it takes no skill to use it. One of the reasons why Dks Frozen Ground or whatever that spell was removed. It was too OP. Ring of Peace is completely broken in its current state. Even if it was a 45 sec CD, at least remove the silence. Currently it does both so there is nothing you can do. You can't use any of your CDs.
    Kinda like how ever 45 seconds for 6(I think its 6) seconds you become immune to anything magic?

Think Paladins and Elemental Shamans would like a word with you. They are pretty easy kills outside their CDs. However, Monks have everything.
    I'd actually say Paladins and Shamans are both just as hard to kill as WW. Unless you're counter-classing them, obviously. If Monks didn't have RoP they'd be weaker than both, by far.

Yeah we have everything, that bubble that makes us immune to damage, castable heals with an infinite mana bar. On demand burst when ever we want. More directed towards Paladins because shamans in general are just in a abysmal state. To nurf a Monks control would be to nurf bubble to not make you immune to damage. It's funny because monks are easy kills WITH their cds.

Yeah hate it. Another stupid ability they added to the game that causes silly balance issues because of how strong and easy to use it is. Hate the fact it can be placed on allies as well.

If i could redesign it? I'd have them have to target an area on the floor and then its fixed there (similar to Power word: Barrier for priests or say death and decay for DKs). It can either silence or disarm, not both. Melee walks into it, it'll only disarm and vice versa. This gives people a chance to counter it by moving out of it, as well as not screwing other classes like DKs/Rets/Enhance that use both melee/spells to do damage.

As it is right now, good luck avoiding it with any average player following you around with it on.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

15+ Year Old Account
    What class/ spec are you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    have i mentioned the god damn noise?
    it will never be as terrible as when rend's noise was changed to the mangle sound