Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I would love it! It stinks being a melee dps & relying on weapon dmg so much + having awful luck w/ drops.

Agreed though - definitely not current tier ilvl - maybe 496 w/ exalted rep, like suggested.
    I also don't understand why there isn't a craftable, discovered high lvl (502) dagger available? or am I missing something?

My Dk that has been using a 463 weapon I got from a heroic on the day I hit 90 would like to see this happen, since I've never seen any str weapon drop in any raid I've ever cleared since MoP dropped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    I'd be perfectly fine with them putting up a previous tier's quality weapon on valor vendors. So, if they put up valor weapons tomorrow, they'd be 496 ilvl. Non-sha touched, of course.
    This is the best solution I think. It keeps the "Holy crap, new weapon!" excitement of seeing a raid drop but it also means people don;t drop too far behind. A hunter in our raid was using a 480ish weapon because they never got anything to drop in T14 or LFR. They just got the LFR version of Durumu's Gaze, a 502. Huge upgrade for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kivana View Post
    Current top end weapons are ilvl 522 right and the rep ones are ilvl 476
    528, 535 and 541 weapons would like to have a word with you.

They could easily add 522 VP weapons that have suboptimal secondary stats and no sockets, making them inferior but still decently competitive with regular weapons. They will obviously cost a ton of VP (3500 which is 3.5 WEEKS) for both hands and require exalted, so I don't see how people are getting their panties in a twist over the ilvl.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't really like how easy it would be to get any upgrade through vp. If they were to do it they should make go much harder to get and have the weapons last tiers ilvl

It would be nice if the top-end craftable 502 weapons included options for everyone. These nicely fill that gap. They're going to be bitchin expensive for a while to come, just from the materials costs.

Our rogue is still working 489 fist weapon and dagger, so the 502 agility 1h sword that I can make starting today will be going to him. But it's a pity I can't make him a dagger, since that would let him go assassin.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    No. No no no.Your suggestion would remove a large amount of players from the raid game specifically because they would no longer have to raid to get the boss drops they want. Can you understand how bad that would be?
    Bad for who exactly ? Guilds would have players stop showing up after they got what they wanted ? Why not kick those players then ? Because everyone would stop playing period if they had no loot to get ? Maybe it's time to change the way the game is played. I would again use games like Call of Duty or Battlefield 3, where loot isn't the focus, "Playing" is the focus. MMOs need a makeover! The loot treadmill could use a revamp.

But how about we compromise? The vendor would give you any boss item, but you have to have something like a tier token (along with X amount of valor) to buy it. Maybe the token is boss specific, every boss drops 1 in 10 man and 2 in 25. Ensuring that as long as you can kill the boss, you can someday get the item that never drops.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    Instead of making the valor vendor offer items that can't be gotten in the raid, s/he should instead open the raid journal when you interact with him/her and offer you the loot that drops of the bosses for valor points instead.
    This would be a great idea!

Yes. I never got a weapon in T14 after 11 Will kills with 7 charm rolls and 26 Lei Shei kills with 26 charm rolls.

Came in to T15 with a 2x upgraded Conquest weapon.

No. Even if everything else is valor, there should at least be some small motivation to raid if you really want the best gear. Right now the only non-valor item slots are weapons and tier pieces and I'd like it to stay that way because at least it's something. Granted, LFR kind of ruins that a bit, but you're never going to convince blizzard to give up LFR, so I'll take what I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Bad for who exactly ? Guilds would have players stop showing up after they got what they wanted ? Why not kick those players then ? Because everyone would stop playing period if they had no loot to get ? Maybe it's time to change the way the game is played. I would again use games like Call of Duty or Battlefield 3, where loot isn't the focus, "Playing" is the focus. MMOs need a makeover! The loot treadmill could use a revamp.

But how about we compromise? The vendor would give you any boss item, but you have to have something like a tier token (along with X amount of valor) to buy it. Maybe the token is boss specific, every boss drops 1 in 10 man and 2 in 25. Ensuring that as long as you can kill the boss, you can someday get the item that never drops.
    How about this for a compromise: Valor vendors have gear completely separate from raid bosses, just like they do now. Valor gear IS the compromise for players that have bad loot luck in raids.

Guaranteed loot = no reason to raid past a certain point. Sure, you can replace those players, but the behavior will continue. Giving people boss loot, even with some convoluted token system, is just going to make raiding worse. Anyone who has ever seen a person gquit/quit the game after getting a Legendary should understand where I'm coming from.

WoW is a gear based game. For a lot of people, when they get their gear, they have no more reason to raid. This damages guilds. It damages communities. It takes away the feeling of "YES! IT DROPPED! WOOHOO!" and exchanges it with "I'll be getting my weapon next week, my trinket the week after that, then a 2 week break while I get more valor, and then my OTHER trinket/weapon."

Sorry, but guaranteed boss loot is not a good idea.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-04-24 at 06:21 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

If you're still rocking a 483-486 weapon and you have a lot of gold or you're really good friends with a blacksmith, look into the craftables that should be hitting the market this week.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=94579
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=94580
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=94585
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=94586
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=94591
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=94592

Of course there are only 6 of them and a lot of classes aren't covered, but they could be an upgrade.

This has been a commercial announcement from your friendly neighborhood blacksmith.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    528, 535 and 541 weapons would like to have a word with you.

They could easily add 522 VP weapons that have suboptimal secondary stats and no sockets, making them inferior but still decently competitive with regular weapons. They will obviously cost a ton of VP (3500 which is 3.5 WEEKS) for both hands and require exalted, so I don't see how people are getting their panties in a twist over the ilvl.
    Oh please do this. Maxim Vp allowed 3k. That weapon you always wanted 3.5k The happiness that brings to me as others suffer priceless

Deleted
    yes i think they should. you can get every other bit of gear from valor, so why not weapons? put a restriction on them like the pvp weapons, you have to earn a certian amount of valour this tier before buying it.
    the reason i want it is because RNG sucks, it sucks big time. through the whole first tier of this expansion, i did not get a single weapon drop from a raid on my hunter and was forced to use the 463 heroic crossbow, until i finally got a weapon off durumu a few weeks back. i dont think valor wepeons should be a high ilvl, maybe raid finder ilvl or a little lower

I had a very similar thought and wrote up this thread about it, OP: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8568990533

Although, if Blizzard did want to take the less complicated route and offer valor weapons I would be totally okay with that as well.

sure, and make it available only at exalted and cost 3000 valor, the weapon will always be most important and this way you're likely to get a raidfinder weapon first so you still get that "yay it dropped" even if its only temporary
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I actually think that some weapons should indeed be available, and if there's a tradeoff to be made, make rings / trinkets / necklaces raid-only drops. Lots of players probably view weapons more favorably because there's a visual element as well, so benefitting this while still making raid drops sought after is a win-win.

/went through nearly the entire ICC tier before LDW dropped my goddamn bow.

No no no. I don't think you should be able to purchase weapons with valor. If you really need weapons grab PVP weapons. Weapons are probably the biggest upgrade for players I think you should have to work for them to get them. And not just by running heroics.

I think having them be crafted might be a better solution than costing valor. Make them cost 8-10 haunting spirits (blood spirits for 496 ones). That way if 1 or 2 people are having bad luck in getting weapon drops in a guild they can be crafted with guild bank mats.

Tie the patterns to revered with shadow pan assault or unlocking the 6th stage of the island so people can't make them day 1 of the patch.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like what they did with the Inscription staves at the start. If weapons were allowed to be created with a certain profession, with each major patch, so that there was something offset to the newest of weapons, I'd like this idea over VP.