Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I wouldn't be against having 496 weapons purchasable with VP, anything higher though would be just silly - with all the ways to gear up, the weapon slot should be left alone, getting a good weapon is always an awesome moment, just buying one for VP would be kinda lame.... thought giving weapons for honor in PvP watered down things there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Sure. At this point gear is just homogenized stat sticks with strict stat budgets anyway, why not have semi decent 522 weapons to offset extremely bad luck.
    IMO, since they really don't want to give us weapons, they could give us 510s, making it better than LFR, just barely better than last tier's heroic (worse if upgraded at all), and worse than normal.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

No, no, no, no. If you need a weapon *that* bad then run LFR three times a week, using your coin on that specific boss that drops your weapon each time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yau View Post
    No, no, no, no. If you need a weapon *that* bad then run LFR three times a week, using your coin on that specific boss that drops your weapon each time.

yeah i was doing that for the whole of 5.0/5.1, only just got weapon this patch from ToT, i was using an upgraded 463 crossbow because no bow ever dropped, and there was only one ranged weapon drop in LFR from the entire first tier, a bow of lei she, or what ever that water sprit is called, used a token on her nearly every week
    also ran gate of the setting sun quite a few times, no luck there D:

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    I defo think there should be a solution to this.

RNG on a neck or a ring you can deal with but it would be nice for a solution for Weapons.

Crafted ones maybe a good option?

I don't think they should be 522 though (for this tier).

But right now it is possible to be doing ToT with a 471 blue, not a good place to be in!
    There are 502 crafted weapons now. Valor purchased weapons should be the same ilvl as any other valor purchased item. If they want to limit it, let the weapon have the 7250valor obtained since last patch requirement that they have for PVP weapons.

Just so y'all know, weapons are also easily the most important slot for casters and healers also. And with this whole "tank DPS matters" crap, the tank DPS also scales with the weapon just like your DPS would scale.

I have 510 weapon (2/2 HC starshatter), please enlighten me how LFR is going to upgrade my weapon?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have been, week in and week out, on my rogue. Only two pre-ToT bosses drop daggers (Lei Shi and Stone Guardians) and I have used token after token to no avail. But RNG has seen fit to give me FIVE shoulder tokens from Lei Shi so far, and EVERY drop from every boss for the past month and a half has been useless. There are about 3 things left I can upgrade from pre-ToT LFR, and not one upgrade has dropped. Meanwhile, I am stuck at ilvl 478...

Even the last boss in Siege of Niuzao Temple could give me upgrades from my 463 crafted daggers, but he's stingier than the raid bosses. It is getting way past ridiculous. Not even the world bosses drop weapons...

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticas View Post
    I have been, week in and week out, on my rogue. Only two pre-ToT bosses drop daggers (Lei Shi and Stone Guardians) and I have used token after token to no avail. But RNG has seen fit to give me FIVE shoulder tokens from Lei Shi so far, and EVERY drop from every boss for the past month and a half has been useless. There are about 3 things left I can upgrade from pre-ToT LFR, and not one upgrade has dropped. Meanwhile, I am stuck at ilvl 478...

Even the last boss in Siege of Niuzao Temple could give me upgrades from my 463 crafted daggers, but he's stingier than the raid bosses. It is getting way past ridiculous. Not even the world bosses drop weapons...
    As pointed out in the thread, 502 daggers are available from blacksmiths. I'll sell you one for 50k.

I remember back in BC when they added the badge system and vendor, the 2hand axe was better then any weapons out of BT after a certain point. I think it was the patch when they nerfed Armor Pen.

I remember replacing my Cats Edge with it. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by grimsanta View Post
    Weapons are very, very important for some classes, primarily melee, and not as much for others, like some ranged, healers, and tanks. However, valor can only buy you armor and trinkets. What the current system ends up doing is making valor more valueable to ranged, healers, and tanks, but less valueable to melee, because the average DPS increase one gets from valor spent is smaller for melee classes.

Blizzard's answer to this is always "we don't want everyone to not have to raid to get loot". And the other answer they give is "I've never gone an entire tier without getting a weapon." Well, just because it doesn't happen often that no one gets their weapon, it does happen.

I understand not making weapons easy to purchase. So my idea would to be to put the price at 3000 valor, and lock it to the exalted level of reputation from whatever the primary rep is for that tier.

It's extremely frusterating when I as a melee class am falling behind in dps, despite having as much up-time and higher statistics in other areas than other people in my class, but still doing significantly less dps.

The only other option would be to make some weapons craftable.

Either craftable or valor weapons could be a lower ilvl, like 516 for the current tier. That would be a compromise I could deal with.

Thoughts?
    There are craftable weapons. They are 502 ilvl, take 30 days to make, and nobody wants to pay for them.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivana View Post

Current top end weapons are ilvl 522 right and the rep ones are ilvl 476, what we could do with is a compromise of something in-between, possibly 496. Nothing top end and totally OP, but a weapon we can buy if RNG avoids us for too long.
    I dunno, you could maybe try and progress through lower tiers of raiding like it was done Acouple years ago, rather just have it handed to you.

Yes, they dont have to be like 522, something like 496 would be perfect. We're so far into 5.2 and I'm still rocking a 491 kilrak. Up until yesterday I hadn't seen a single weapon drop in guild raids or LFR... It sucks balls.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I'm still stuck with a 484MH and 471OH on my Monk.

I would be very much for current-LFR Ilvl weapons being available for Valor. Maybe at an expensive price say 3500? or 3750? so its still 5 weeks to get weapon/1250 ring/back.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

I was forced to swap to tank for all of T14. I have been stuck using the Horseman's sinister slicer since Halloween for tanking, its better than any heroic weapon as it has high stam and very minimal agility. But FFS I have 500+ Ilvl stuck with a 470 weapon. Run HOF and Terrace LFR multiple times a week using coins and still never once seen a damn tank weapon. Its frustrating. especially when I have gotten 2 2hand swords from the new tot raid and the pole-arm from dark animus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivana View Post
    There needs to be some sort of ability be it a vendor or priority with coins on weapon drops as they are for many classes the MOST important piece of gear.

What we DO NOT need is another Sunwell patch vendor, where you got a SW ilvl weapon from running 5 mans and/or Kara.

Current top end weapons are ilvl 522 right and the rep ones are ilvl 476, what we could do with is a compromise of something in-between, possibly 496. Nothing top end and totally OP, but a weapon we can buy if RNG avoids us for too long.
    535 is top end, with the thunderforged weaps 541.

Why should we have a problem with a vendor that sells weaps just like it was in TBC? It could simply get attached to the same mechanic as it is handled with the PVP weaps.. you need a set amount of valor earned during the current tier in order to purchase the weapon. The ones with no requirement are the lower end weaps.
    It would just be consequent. Everyone can buy epic weaps from the Honor and Conquest vendors. Some of them have no requirement. Some of them do.
    The TBC vendor weaps required a lot of badges.
    150 badges for a weapon, took quite some time to get those together.
    At first (patch Patch 2.0.3 - January 9th) you got them from heroic 5 mans only, and those you could do only once per day.
    Later, at November 13th with patch 2.3 Kara and ZA dropped them too. Kara gave you 22 badges for a full clear, and ZA gave you 13.
    All in all, you had to run dungeons on end, to get the 150 badges.
    Gearing up via Badges was a sure path to get decent gear, but it also took a long time.

I do not see where there would be a problem to re-introduce weapons again for valor. As long as it takes time to get to buy them, I see no problem.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    As pointed out in the thread, 502 daggers are available from blacksmiths. I'll sell you one for 50k.
    I don't believe there's a 502 dagger. Or it isn't listed on Wowhead.

Quote Originally Posted by undeadrogue View Post
    I don't believe there's a 502 dagger. Or it isn't listed on Wowhead.
    There isn't one. There are a 1h axe/sword/mace and 2h sword/axe/mace.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    No. No no no. Blizzard has made it clear that they do not want us to be able to be guaranteed to get boss loot. They prefer it to be random. Your suggestion would remove a large amount of players from the raid game specifically because they would no longer have to raid to get the boss drops they want. Can you understand how bad that would be?
    I agree of course, but still. I'll take that trinket then Lei Shen, tyvm... Ah, the possibilities.

And sure, put weapons up on valor vendors. My lock didn't get a weapon till Lei Shi was released and I coined elegon on lfr and heroic every single week.

I would agree because this is exactly what I did with an alt however I cringed as I watched my buddy run ToES 9 times this week trying to get a weapon and failed.

If they were to add valor weapons it would have to be difficult and lower ilvl. example: 4k Valor for a 476 weapon, 4k Valor + the 476 weapon for a 483, etc.