Deleted

Holy - normal spirits of the sun or lfr horrdons last gasp?

Thats priests, not paladins.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Thats priests, not paladins.
    Mp5 numbers are not class dependent. 1 point of spirit gives roughly 0.56 Mp5 in combat regardless of class.

The difference could come from gearing differences, since haste affects the RPPM trinkets like Horridon's, it's value increases as gear increases. In any case, no realistic amount of haste is going to push 502 Horridon's over 496 Spirits.

Horridon's > Spirits

What that thread/comparison doesn't account for is the fact that the Horridon's proc (Cloudburst) can stack, which results in significant bursts of regen on a variable basis. Adding that to the equation will make Horridon's a clear winner, by large amounts if you happen to stumble upon some amazing rng.

An example:
    [22:03:28.440] Karastrasza gains Cloudburst (3) from Karastrasza
    [22:03:30.259] Karastrasza gains 5931 mana from Karastrasza's Cloudburst
    [22:03:32.236] Karastrasza gains 5931 mana from Karastrasza's Cloudburst
    [22:03:34.260] Karastrasza gains 5931 mana from Karastrasza's Cloudburst
    [22:03:36.250] Karastrasza gains 5931 mana from Karastrasza's Cloudburst
    [22:03:38.285] Karastrasza gains 5931 mana from Karastrasza's Cloudburst
    [22:03:40.262] Karastrasza gains 5931 mana from Karastrasza's Cloudburst
    [22:03:40.262] Karastrasza's Cloudburst fades from Karastrasza
    That's 35,586 mana regenerated over 10 seconds, as opposed to a single stack which would only be 11,862 - which is what the thread you linked is going off of. There aren't any guarantees that you will get additional stacks, but in my opinion it's absolutely worth the risk.
    Last edited by Dubalicious; 2013-04-25 at 07:30 PM.

Deleted
    I'm getting roughly 1000-1500 mp5 from horridon normal with almost 0 haste rating usually around 1200 ish so it seems like the clear winner, the better question is why not use both

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    Horridon's > Spirits

What that thread/comparison doesn't account for is the fact that the Horridon's proc (Cloudburst) can stack, which results in significant bursts of regen on a variable basis. Adding that to the equation will make Horridon's a clear winner, by large amounts if you happen to stumble upon some amazing rng.

An example:

That's 35,586 mana regenerated over 10 seconds, as opposed to a single stack which would only be 11,862 - which is what the thread you linked is going off of. There aren't any guarantees that you will get additional stacks, but in my opinion it's absolutely worth the risk.
    First thing's first. You're comparing 522 Horridon's to 496 Spirits. The OP specifically asks about 502 Horridon's from LFR. Maybe read the thread next time.

Second, technically yes, Horridon's has a *chance* to be better. Sure, you might stack it to 5 and get a stupid amount of mana back during a fight. On the other hand, you might have my experience from a few weeks ago where the trinket procs a grand total of 33 times between Megaera, Ji-Kun and Durumu, and only stacked to 2 on two occasions, resulting in a pretty big Mp5 loss over spirits. Personally, it's not worth the risk. When the reward is only ~100 Mp5, but you stand a decent chance of losing more than 200 Mp5 with less than great luck, it doesn't add up.

If we stacked Haste it would be a no brainer thanks to RPPM, but in this situation its definitely N SotS > LFR HLR

Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    First thing's first. You're comparing 522 Horridon's to 496 Spirits. The OP specifically asks about 502 Horridon's from LFR. Maybe read the thread next time.
    Actually I didn't compare any of the trinkets, so not sure why you need to make passive aggressive insults over something I didn't do. I simply stated that the thread you linked was using numbers based off the trinket *NEVER* stacking, which is absolutely true.

Second, technically yes, Horridon's has a *chance* to be better. Sure, you might stack it to 5 and get a stupid amount of mana back during a fight.
    "There aren't any guarantees that you will get additional stacks, but in my opinion it's absolutely worth the risk."

Glad we both have opinions, no reason to be combative when expressing them.
    Last edited by Dubalicious; 2013-04-28 at 10:24 PM.

So by some peoples views, most would use a 504 SoTS + 502 Horridons trinket over the 522 valor trinket?

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    So by some peoples views, most would use a 504 SoTS + 502 Horridons trinket over the 522 valor trinket?
    I wouldn't.

The 522 valor trinket is better than either Horridons or 2x upgraded SoTS in terms of mana regen and also considering intellect. SoTS vs Horridons though seems to be more of a personal choice. Without considering double stacks and purely looking at the RPPM value, the two are essentially identical. RPPM makes the procs for Horridons variable and therefore the choice is more of a personal gamble.

I'd use Horridon 522 > Valor trinket > 2/2 SoTS > Horridon 502 > SoTS

It depends on your feels though, the Horridon trinket can really fuck you over sometimes, I personally dislike what a large chunk the Valor trinket is, but the mana regen it gives is undeniably good