Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Is Garrosh's low opinion of the other Horde races justified?

After reading this article, I can actually understand the picture he has painted inside his head.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/04/21/kn...upt/#continued

Though I think he's still not a good leader and he makes little effort to understand even his own allies, it's at least understandable that he thinks of some of the races in such a way.

Deleted
    not really. He has a point with the Forsaken, but with none of the others.

Well if you remember when he was young and sick from a plague an old horde guy showed up looking for soldiers and only found the dead and dying so that guy told them all to just kill themselves because if you can not fight then you have no business being a part of the horde. Then you skip to Northrend where Garrosh is in charge and you see the Blood Elves giving a bare requirement in soldiers (they didnt have enough survivors to send really), the betrayal of the forsaken at the gate proving that Sylvannus could not keep her people under control, the Trolls having fights elsewhere and sending what they could spare (which was very little) and ultimately Garrosh comes to the conclusion that the only good part of the horde is the Orcs.

Play through the Pandaren starting zone and choose Horde, then go talk to Garrosh as part of teh quest chain and watch him bad mouth every race in the horde right in front of their ambassador and you get the feeling as a Pandaren that this guy will probably start bad mouthing you too right to your face. That and the feeling you get when you go from the cherry blossom wandering isle to this complete mud hole pig pen with metal spikes makes one wonder why the Pandaren would ever choose to join the Horde in the first place. They should be like, "Wow, thanks for inviting me in Garrosh.... You know what? I think I left some of my stuff on the wandering isles that I am going to need..... so yeaaaah.... I'll be right back... promise..." Zooooooooooooom!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always felt the trolls were pretty useless myself. I mean, they weren't good enough to warrant their own starting zone. They had to use the orcs at first.

They're the gnomes of the Horde.

As a horde pandaren you get to hear Garrosh say about a Tauren, "And this Tauren manages to make himself useful by being a shaman, and even a Blood Elf can manage to carry a sword.... So you see we all have a role in the Horde." In my head I was thinking as a Pandaren I probably made the wrong choice here. You find out quickly this new faction you joined has a psychopath for a leader who wants to add Sha energy to his soldiers (OMG, That means me!) and he desecrates important pandaren areas, like the goblins setting up oil wells just outside of the Chi-Ji dailies zone or digging up the dark heart.

To me it makes no sense to have Pandaren in the Horde, it would of been more appropriate if they had gotten Hozen. I for one would of played a Hozen over a pandaren. When ever I get the Brewery dungeon I buy a furry drink to turn me into a Hozen. I like the pimp hats and the beer drinking hats.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really, really hate to godwin this thread since its the lowest common denominator, but I can name one such dictator that looked down at people as the lowest form of life based purely on what they believed in.. and he slaughtered them in thousands.

Honestly, trying to look from the perspective of someone who see's the world as unclean expect in his vision, and what he does to 'clean it up', its disgusting to even humanize that.

I understand Garrosh is a fantasy character, but the moral lesson is there to see.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    He is no doubt right about trolls/tauren. Both races were extremely dependant on orcs getting shit done ever since they joined horde. While tauren at least had some activities (feralas, 1k noodles, northrend), trolls pretty much always were useless. Its actually funny that garrosh himself said he expects nothing from them, yet vol'jin took his time to go to pandaria for some bitching. And then he was suprised garrosh ordered his troops to put a boots to him (medium style).
    That being said he's wrong about both forsaken and blood elves. They are actually not only competent (unlike some /cough.. alliance .../cough) but actually get they job done better then you could hope for. Tho he is bad guy so he must disrespect his allies. Bad job but someone has to do it.

Oh ffs, it is a plot device, not some huge moral debate. Garrosh is meant to be a douche, the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the article raises some good points about Garrosh's personal motivations and thoughts. It makes a lot of sense considering what we know thus far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Oh ffs, it is a plot device, not some huge moral debate. Garrosh is meant to be a douche, the end.
    I think that's very narrow-minded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    and I think people vastly overthink the story in wow, as a means of comparison to there own lives and situations in it, to rope themselves into it.
    #boycottchina

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps none of this would have happened in folk like Vol'Jin and Cairne didn't pull a wobbly over little things and actually helped Garrosh like Thrall has told them to.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Perhaps none of this would have happened in folk like Vol'Jin and Cairne didn't pull a wobbly over little things and actually helped Garrosh like Thrall has told them to.
    They tried. Garrosh refused or ignored their advice
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

No. Because while the peoples he now looks down on were fighting for their survival he was crying like a bitch in Outland. If the Horde had acted then the way Garrosh envisions it should Thrall would have killed him on the spot.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    They tried. Garrosh refused or ignored their advice
    Vol'Jin did bugger all.

Cairne walked in and challenged him for leadership immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    and I think people vastly overthink the story in wow, as a means of comparison to there own lives and situations in it, to rope themselves into it.
    Isn't that a sign of good story telling though?

I'm an Orc and even I find him to be Douchebag McGee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Isn't that a sign of good story telling though?
    Not when people assume far to much in a story, it blinds people to whats happening in the current arch.

Sometimes a softer tone to a story is easier. Wow isn't that complicated a story to follow, but people overthink things.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    it's a fantasy story. not reality, and shouldn't be thought about THAT much. some of us realize this. I can see where Garry could think that of the Forsaken, but he is STILL the racist shit head of this story. nothing else to pick out of this.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you played PTR you know that Emperor Shaohao is said to have purified his spirit, but says he never got rid of his Pride this leads me to believe that Garrosh is corrupt with the Sha of Pride.