5.3 Hunter teir 2 talent fix suggestions.

I think the tier two talent row is all messed up for patch 5.2 & 5.3. But i've come up with a fix that would make the second row alot more selective & resonable. This would also help survival & marksman become more viable.

1: They baked in binding shot to marksman so we will do the same with baking wyvern sting into survival and rebaking intimidation to beast mastery making all 3 specs more unique in there own ways.

2: We will bake in silencing shot to all hunter specs. blizzard and all of us know that no ones choosing anything over scilencing shot so stop kidding around.

3: Now that the second tier is completely clean of unviable talents we will add the first talent: Lets make Black ice talent choice#1. Talent choice #2 should be entrapment, Talent choice#3 should be explosive trap. With the deletions of the glyphs ofcourse.

4: Make stampeed no longer viable in arena's, im a hunter myself and know that it does way too much damage.

5: Please share this post around if you thought these idea's were good or bad, i want to hear from youguys and maby get some feedback? All is appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by jadenprince View Post
    I think the tier two talent row is all messed up for patch 5.2 & 5.3. But i've come up with a fix that would make the second row alot more selective & resonable. This would also help survival & marksman become more viable.

1: They baked in binding shot to marksman so we will do the same with baking wyvern sting into survival and rebaking intimidation to beast mastery making all 3 specs more unique in there own ways.

2: We will bake in silencing shot to all hunter specs. blizzard and all of us know that no ones choosing anything over scilencing shot so stop kidding around.

3: Now that the second tier is completely clean of unviable talents we will add the first talent: Lets make Black ice talent choice#1. Talent choice #2 should be entrapment, Talent choice#3 should be explosive trap. With the deletions of the glyphs ofcourse.

4: Make stampeed no longer viable in arena's, im a hunter myself and know that it does way too much damage.

5: Please share this post around if you thought these idea's were good or bad, i want to hear from youguys and maby get some feedback? All is appreciated
    Your thoughts are completely based around PVP.. it's obvious that you don't pve..

I use Binding shot in raids it is a nice control for adds on a couple of bosses.
    I use wyvern sting in 5 mans and is a decent form of CC in PVE. ( Its 30 seconds outside of PVP)
    I rarely use silencing shot, I run 25mans and there are so many other interrupts in 25mans that I don't generally spec it. (usually Binding shot /sigh)

Black Ice - Never use it
    Entrapment - Never use it
    Explosive trap - use it all the time in PVE for Aoe. (but not with the glyph)

Stampede doesn't empress me much for raiding PVE.. Its good for soloing content.

This is the heart of the problem, everyone perceives things based upon what they do. You PVP so all these talents are useless, I PVE so they are useful.

Except that Entrapment is about as signature to Surv as Intimidate was to BM, except in Wrath and Cata it was close enough to the top that the other specs could take it at the loss of 6/4 talent points. (Did Cata require 3 points a tier, or 5? I forget...) And as fun as black ice is, it's not really... exceptional.

We could fix Tier 2 easily. Have a baseline INTERRUPT. And then have the Silencing shot talent just modify it to add a silence effect to the new baseline interrupt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Thats true too. Good one.

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 06:31 PM ----------

Yeah your right. well, its only for tier 2 though. And im sure other classes have a tier that is useless in Pve XD For example: the rogues 5th tier that contains paralyctic poison, prey on the weak & dirty tricks. I dont see those being useful in pve at all lol.

Its clearly obvious you don't do any PvE raiding and the person after you doesn't do any real raiding other than LFR.

Silencing Shot is very useful in PvE. Just look at Horridon where you have to silence the adds. I'm glad Silencing Shot is baseline and honestly we don't need another interrupt. What we could use is a shorter cooldown though.

As for Stampede if you pair it up with Hero / Lust the damage is very high for your pets. I get a good 15-20% extra damage during Hero / Lust and Stampede. If you blow Stampede when it's up then your not utilizing your cooldowns correctly and people would consider you a huntard.

With a 509 Item Level (Look up Sathonas - Dragonblight US) I easily hit about 150k DPS. When Hero and Stampede go off I'm near the 200s.

Binding Shot is a waste of a talent. Its a good interrupt if a few NPCs are casting at the same time. I used it on Horridon for a little bit and then got rid of it. Even if it moves to MM, nobody will use it. Maybe in PVP on AB where people are crowding a flag.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Moonsorrow - Maybe in 25 binding shot isn't as good,but in 10 mans where there are no other aoe stunners (locks etc),binding shot is really good on some fights,Tortos hc if you're kiting bats,lei-shen for the balls of lightning,council for the beasts,horridon for the small adds (mainly on drakkari gate as those diseases are a pain if you don't have enough dispells),and im pretty sure you can stun them on hc magaera too...so saying nobody will use it/is using it is an overstatement

15+ Year Old Account
    OP instead of removing passives+active from current specialization how about just adding new passives into the talent tier you want to change?

Tier 2 could be a new Trap tier, as in #1 Fire Traps (makes Hunters be able to use two Explosive Traps or just add damage to it, and no Black Arrow would still put both on CD), #2 Frost Traps (this means two CC targets, still 1 in PvP or while one is trapped the second trap will last a lot shorter) and #3 Nature Traps (this would also have to add something to Snake Trap otherwise it is kinda bad).

If they were to screw around with the talents I'd rather have some completely new ones instead of some converted glyphs or current baseline abilities.

What I miss the most as a hunter is an ability to aid or impact the entire raid somehow. Like the redesigned smoke bomb that they gave rogues. I think we are now the only class negleced in that regard. It even makes me miss aspect of the wild sometimes.

How about a talent on 10m CD that turns our pet into a viable tank for 10 seconds in case the tank dies. Or an ankh-like talent that empowers our pet and lets the player take control of it for 30 seconds if the hunter dies.

Give Hunters a baseline 15sec CD interrupt and make silencing shot a talent which replaces the interrupt. Easy everything is fixed. I don't know how many times I say this but it's a stupidly obvious answer and is clearly the best way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonsorow View Post
    Its clearly obvious you don't do any PvE raiding and the person after you doesn't do any real raiding other than LFR.

Silencing Shot is very useful in PvE. Just look at Horridon where you have to silence the adds. I'm glad Silencing Shot is baseline and honestly we don't need another interrupt. What we could use is a shorter cooldown though.

As for Stampede if you pair it up with Hero / Lust the damage is very high for your pets. I get a good 15-20% extra damage during Hero / Lust and Stampede. If you blow Stampede when it's up then your not utilizing your cooldowns correctly and people would consider you a huntard.

With a 509 Item Level (Look up Sathonas - Dragonblight US) I easily hit about 150k DPS. When Hero and Stampede go off I'm near the 200s.

Binding Shot is a waste of a talent. Its a good interrupt if a few NPCs are casting at the same time. I used it on Horridon for a little bit and then got rid of it. Even if it moves to MM, nobody will use it. Maybe in PVP on AB where people are crowding a flag.
    Moon, thank you for proving my point.. Perception is everything.. and try and keep your comments constructive.. Nice LFR comment, thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Give Hunters a baseline 15sec CD interrupt and make silencing shot a talent which replaces the interrupt.
    Probably needs to be a bit higher than 15s with the 40-yard range. 24s cooldown with a 6s interrupt would make it equivalent to Counterspell.

Of course, keep the silence component at 3s and either: leave adding a silence as a talent where Silencing Shot is, or give the silence to a spec that 'needs' a PvP buff with a slightly-adjusted Intimidation taking its place in the talent tree (adjusted meaning lower cooldown or longer duration).

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyn View Post
    Probably needs to be a bit higher than 15s with the 40-yard range. 24s cooldown with a 6s interrupt would make it equivalent to Counterspell.

Of course, keep the silence component at 3s and either: leave adding a silence as a talent where Silencing Shot is, or give the silence to a spec that 'needs' a PvP buff with a slightly-adjusted Intimidation taking its place in the talent tree (adjusted meaning lower cooldown or longer duration).
    Silencing Shot is already equivalent to Counterspell. What I'm saying is that Silencing Shot should stay a talent but Hunters should have a new baseline spell for all specs similar to Wind Shear in that it's just a basic Interrupt with a 15s cooldown which most other classes have. Then when you spec Silencing Shot it should replace your interrupt in the same way that when a Mage specs Greater Invisibility it replaces Invisibility.

This way it means that your level 30 talent is actually a choice of a CC talent between Wyvern Sting, Intimidation and Silencing Shot whereas currently mostly everyone just takes Silencing Shot because it's our only way to get an interrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Silencing Shot is already equivalent to Counterspell.
    Nah, Counterspell's a 6s interrupt (and a 4s silence), rather than Silencing's current 3s.

I also understood perfectly what you were suggesting, but was attempting to point out that Blizzard doesn't give long-range interrupts short cooldowns. All three of the 40-yard interrupts (Mage/Warlock/Hunter) are on 24s cooldowns, but the mage and warlock versions have a substantially longer interrupt time (6s over the 3s for hunters). So, I was suggesting the most reasonable baseline interrupt to give a hunter would be a 24 second cooldown, with a 6 second interrupt, and a 40 yard range -- with, of course, the silence effect as a talent or specialization bonus, as already established.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyn View Post
    Nah, Counterspell's a 6s interrupt (and a 4s silence), rather than Silencing's current 3s.

I also understood perfectly what you were suggesting, but was attempting to point out that Blizzard doesn't give long-range interrupts short cooldowns. All three of the 40-yard interrupts (Mage/Warlock/Hunter) are on 24s cooldowns, but the mage and warlock versions have a substantially longer interrupt time (6s over the 3s for hunters). So, I was suggesting the most reasonable baseline interrupt to give a hunter would be a 24 second cooldown, with a 6 second interrupt, and a 40 yard range -- with, of course, the silence effect as a talent or specialization bonus, as already established.
    I never specified 40 yards. Why not make it 25 with an option to glyph to make it 30?

Deleted
    This ideas sound bad, REALLy bad!

Silence shot baking into all 3 specs, yes.
    Inti back to BM ? no
    Wyvern sting back to surv? no
    Binding shot to MM? Yes and no, MM needs something inique but i think binding shot isn't the thing we need.

Your ideas are 2 glyphs and an SV only talent, this is worse then worse caus your just deleting glyphs and making it into talents.

Stampede off in arena? Hell fucking no! I am glad i got this OP ability and for once i can burn people down! It is my time now , vanilla ? crap , TBC ? crap ? Wotlk ? we were desent , cata ? We were alot better but not as desent. Now we are better and we have potentinal. So no do not remove this ability in arena. Mages can rofl storm for 8 years, now we can rofl storm for once!!

And yes i PVP but your ideas are BAD! No thoughts what so ever to PVE players.

In my opinion:

-Make silence shot baseline for all specs
    -Intimidation BM only (maybe MM too,dunno how viable it is in pvp atm)
    -Instead of making Binding shot MM only leave it as it is atm,and make a new talent to replace the silence shot,that new talent could be some raid like utility CD(something like lets say "Thick Fur",grants the target 20-40% damage reduction for 12 secs) or maybe a combat ress? (and change the quilen exotic ability ofc)