Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Blizzard forgot Alliance is more than Humans.

There is one real big problem with the alliance. Humans Run around doing shit while other races' leaders mostly do nothing at all, and when they are showed, its to be like: "Varian, im your bitch, use all my armies, forever yours. You were right, peace out"

Varian steals all the spotlight from everyone. Horde leaders in comparison are all accounted for in this expansion with appearances in either books or cutscenes.
    Here is a small comparison:
    Humans
    -Varian: Every scenario has him in it, every alliance cutscene deals with him.
    -Jaina: A major focus during this expansion is on her. No problem tough, she deserves it.
    -Anduin: Same as his father mostly.
    Night elves
    -Tyrande- Used as a support character for varian in a scenario in MoP, being completely out of character. Didn't do much else. Look up and you will see what she pretty much said.
    -Malfurion- AFK ATM
    Gnomes
    -What gnomes? Who was their leader? Lor'themar mark 2? Not heard from at all.
    Worgen
    -Genn Greymane. Played a minor role in his starting zone. After that everything went to town and his race became pets for night elves. AFK for the moment.
    Dwarves
    -Pretty much same as Tyrande.
    Draenei
    -Velen: He is a prophet. Pretty much nothing else.

I find that highly Irriating. Blizzard wants to make every race in the Alliance a loyal lapdog for the humans. The Night Elves' Ferocity of old is gone. The Worgen, the supposed "savage alliance race" are nothing more but pets and druids. Dwarves are being pricks and are pretty much servant N1 of Varian.

The other alliance races never take any initiative, never do anything untill Varian tells them to. Booring, Characterless, alliance races. Sad.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft has great lore, I think. The way they tell it (storytelling) is awful. I'm sure it's hard to generate content around lore, not to say everyone can do it accurately. They need to bring all the leaders together. I'm sick of the other leaders being shadowed out, even though WoW started off with Humans vs Orcs. We are passed those times, so maybe with the upcoming expansion we will see more thought put into the other leaders. This expansion would have been perfect for this. Yet, and off-topic somewhat, Garrosh is the last boss of the expansion, in my eyes, the big boss of the expansion. I thought they wanted to avoid that, eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're suggesting that the other Alliance leaders deserve more input, I agree. However a lot of them got some play in the Cataclysm, and the rumor is Velen is getting ready for the next Legion attack, so you'll see him again. Varian, in Cata, did next to nothing, so the storywriters are trying to balance that out. Might have overshot juuuuuust a bit, tho.

Night Elves should shine when the Azshara expansion comes out.

I agree for the most part. For whatever reason World of Warcraft is really bent on the whole 'Orcs VS Humans' concept. I absolutely love Warcraft Lore, but how they portray Night Elves when Night Elves ARE actually involved is kind of aggravating.

This has been something I've been arguing for a LONG time.

Metzen and co. seem to be hell-bent on sticking to their "Orcs and Humans" roots - when they've CLEARLY developed whole other worlds and cultures... new cultures that viewed via the eyes of a whole new audience that didn't play during the limited "Orcs and Humans" RTS days.

I feel it's time for the parent to let go of the reigns on its child a bit and let it grow on its own. There's SO much untapped depth to those other factions its not funny! I mean - just look how great the Trolls and Vol'Jin are doing in the subsequent patches? They need to bring MORE of that into WoW.

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 07:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ovacor View Post
    I agree for the most part. For whatever reason World of Warcraft is really bent on the whole 'Orcs VS Humans' concept. I absolutely love Warcraft Lore, but how they portray Night Elves when Night Elves ARE actually involved is kind of aggravating.
    Bah! You posted right before I did. >_<

The night elves were the main leaders for the assault on Archimonde in Hyjal.

Deleted
    the gnome leader is Gelbin Mekkatorque - King of the gnomes!!! Where were the humans during operation Gnomeregan? An alliance race capital city is under siege yet no other alliance leader seems to care enough to help? SCREW HUMANS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    This has been something I've been arguing for a LONG time.

Metzen and co. seem to be hell-bent on sticking to their "Orcs and Humans" roots - when they've CLEARLY developed whole other worlds and cultures... new cultures that viewed via the eyes of a whole new audience that didn't play during the limited "Orcs and Humans" RTS days.

I feel it's time for the parent to let go of the reigns on its child a bit and let it grow on its own. There's SO much untapped depth to those other factions its not funny! I mean - just look how great the Trolls and Vol'Jin are doing in the subsequent patches? They need to bring MORE of that into WoW.
    I agree wholeheartedly with this. I'd LOVE to see more done with the every other alliance race BUT humans. granted I hate the Night elves so anything involving their slaughter will do. oh, and the NGTL AKA: National Gnome Throwing League, all they are good for in my opinion. give the Worgen, Dwarves and Dreanei more room to breath and have a show. same goes for the Horde side but this Expac has been a step in the right direction thus far.

To be fair, the Alliance IS about the humans, and humans only with maybe some small part for the dwarves. The Night Elves can't care less about anything else than Ashenvale (and I greatly support them in that), and staying where they are. Draenei are in the alliance because of their war with orcs, and orcs only. Gnomes are cousins of the dwarves, thus they follow them. Worgen ARE the pets of the night elves, almost literally: read their origin.

In the end, it IS a Humans VS Orcs game.

Pandaren on the other hand are a different thing. My main is now a pandaren after so many years of playing, simply because there is no night elf involvement to embrace for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    The night elves were the main leaders for the assault on Archimonde in Hyjal.
    Which was almost ten years ago.

Deleted
    For anyone interested

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/04/24/kn...nce/#continued

It's definitely true that there should be more about the other leaders. We shouldn't have to wait for another Legion-expansion to see Velen and the Draenei do something.

Quote Originally Posted by snotbubble View Post
    the gnome leader is Gelbin Mekkatorque - King of the gnomes!!! Where were the humans during operation Gnomeregan? An alliance race capital city is under siege yet no other alliance leader seems to care enough to help? SCREW HUMANS!!!
    Gnomes have no Kings, their leaders are elected.

OT

Yes the other races and racial leaders need development

for blizzard, the alliance is humans and friends, and the horde is orcs and friends. under their view, warcraft is orcs vs humans, with some skirmishes from their sidekicks in order to spice things up.

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 07:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    Which was almost ten years ago.
    actually:

the WoW intro mentions that the battle of mount hyjal happened 4 years ago. that's the beginning of WoW.

the vanessa vancleff westfall questline mentions that 5 years have passed since the beginning of WoW. that was the beginning of cataclysm. wrathion was born somewhere between the middle and the end of cataclysm.

the discussion between anduin and wrathion during the war against the thunder king, in the middle of MoP, shows that wrathion is 2 years old.

4+5+2 = 11

so the battle of mount hyjal was at least 11 years ago.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not all lore characters can get decent development unless you want much longer waits between patches

The problem will only get worse as more x-pacs go out
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    That High King Varian Wrynn appears often is normal. He is THE King.

For the rest im not very interested anyways. Whiners would whine either way.

i only agree really on the worgen and partially on the draenei.

all the other races have ample representation in mists even if its not their faction leaders
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    The pact between the three dwarven clans looks too damn cool to stay undeveloped like that. I've never seen Velen do anything apart from popping from flashing portals, and i actually had to check if Malfurion was in Darnassus out of curiosity because really, he does NOTHING.

Deleted
    Blizzard forgot the Alliance isn't just there to add tension to the Horde story.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    for blizzard, the alliance is humans and friends, and the horde is orcs and friends. under their view, warcraft is orcs vs humans, with some skirmishes from their sidekicks in order to spice things up.

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 07:59 PM ----------

actually:

the WoW intro mentions that the battle of mount hyjal happened 4 years ago. that's the beginning of WoW.

the vanessa vancleff westfall questline mentions that 5 years have passed since the beginning of WoW. that was the beginning of cataclysm. wrathion was born somewhere between the middle and the end of cataclysm.

the discussion between anduin and wrathion during the war against the thunder king, in the middle of MoP, shows that wrathion is 2 years old.

4+5+2 = 11

so the battle of mount hyjal was at least 11 years ago.
    wrathion is only a few months old, cataclysm and mist of pandaria combined = a year, anduin is only 14 and i think he was 11 or 10 when wow started.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552