Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Whatever theme expansion we get I enjoy not being able to fly for my first time through, as for alts I don't see the issue with having flying on them as the content has been experienced and it really isn't that inspiring when doing it with alts (IMO).

Deleted
    Totally agree, only flying at max level. The tome thing from Wrath was also a good solution, though I wouldn't mind only having it available at level 90 always.

First off I actually think Argus is more likely setting then Xoroth if Blizzard does go the Legion route as it appears they are doing, simply because Argus has the advantage of an established Eredar/Draenei history and about the only thing we know about Xoroth is that the Legion controls it.

EDIT---
    I really need to actually read the OP before posting a reply.

I generally feel that not flying until max level is appropriate for new content. There is some argument to be made on learning how to fly in the new area account-wide, but I don't think it should be made readily available right away. Perhaps it could be something introduced in a 6.1 or 6.2 patch.
    Last edited by Falrinn; 2013-04-24 at 10:32 PM.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should totally allow flying in the Emerald Dream from 90 to 95, which is the cap.

Oh hey, I can speculate on suppositions as well.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Assuming Blizzard takes us to Xoroth (home of the dreadlords / burning legion), Should blizzard allow us to fly right at level 90 off the bat while leveling up to 100?
    I honestly don't see what these have to do with each other; whether or not flying is allowed from the start is a gameplay decision that's independent of the setting. It's not like their decision would change just because it's in the Emerald Dream or whatever instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    I think they should totally allow flying in the Emerald Dream from 90 to 95, which is the cap.

Please stay on topic, the post is about flying in the new expansion.

Please....for everything that is good in this game, do not make me level again without flying. I dont want to waste time running around back and forth just to deal with a few mobs in my way. I should be able to fly, if you want to experience it ont he ground, fine go ahead, but thats not me. I explore more, I do more when I can fly, I feel more FREE. I feel like its my decision to explore or do the objective in the way possible. If I miss things, its my fault. To me, endgame is the game, when i hit max level, ill fly back and revisit anything i find interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post

Thing is, there won't be a Emerald Dream Xpac. Really wish ppl would stop thinking there will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Thing is, there won't be a Emerald Dream Xpac. Really wish ppl would stop thinking there will be.
    Be careful what you say. Your statement might become ironic someday :P
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

You are assuming the next expansion is Xoroth, while that may come to fruition we don't know for fact, so it could well be emerald dream as the next expansion too.

However I like levelling on ground mount, but would like tomes be available once you hit 90 on your first toon, for alts sakes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Having flying at the start of leveling takes out the danger of leveling and makes it faster then it should.
    What danger would that be? There's no such thing as a tough quest mob (or mobs around them) now, even the "elites" can be facerolled by any class.

It is true though, flying at the start makes lvling too quick and even easier than it is now as well as breaking immersion. For alts ofc there should be the choice, as some people might want to do it the same way (dunno who would though given the single-track levelling path) and the rest will want to get it over with. (and dailies ofc are all about efficiency to get the drudgery out of the way, so any sort of BS like chain daze dismount or quests that leave you in combat for ages afterwards etc. is not welcome in the slightest)

Deleted
    Ok here is my view and I do know what I am talking about.

For Blizz to say : 'ok for this expansion, you cannot fly whilst levelling and that applies to you all' and you play on low pop/listed as medium pop VS those playing on high pop PVP or not, it's an insult. On my realm, zenedar, there is no alliance (about 10 players) and about 1000 horde, it's a dead zone. So Blizzard, your ideas do not matter. We will not pay in 2013, when we have 10 alts or whatever, to transfer when you don't care. It's a disgrace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    What danger would that be? There's no such thing as a tough quest mob (or mobs around them) now, even the "elites" can be facerolled by any class.

It is true though, flying at the start makes lvling too quick and even easier than it is now as well as breaking immersion. For alts ofc there should be the choice, as some people might want to do it the same way (dunno who would though given the single-track levelling path) and the rest will want to get it over with. (and dailies ofc are all about efficiency to get the drudgery out of the way, so any sort of BS like chain daze dismount or quests that leave you in combat for ages afterwards etc. is not welcome in the slightest)

Funny thing is the questing was actually more difficult in MoP.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd agree with the no flying until max level, but instead of (or in addition to) making it extremely expensive, do something we haven't really seen since Blade's Edge in Outland: make it dangerous. Sure you can fly. Are you sure you want to be up there in the sky full of demonic dragons and random firestorms?

I think you should just be able to blink, and your character arrives where you think it should be. The playerbase demands it.

Assuming Blizzard takes us to Xoroth (home of the dreadlords / burning legion), Should blizzard allow us to fly right at level 90 off the bat while leveling up to 100?

I think that:

1) They should not allow us to fly in Xoroth right when we get there, instead, we should level the 10 levels and get flying like we do in MoP right now.

2) After getting to 100, they should allow us to buy "tomes" of flying that cost 10k each, for each extra character, to fly at 90. This way it will keep it only to those people who really want it, and yet still give the option of not flying.

What do you all think?
    Another "fantastic" idea from our "esteemed" colleague Jaylock. Yay....

OT: I'd like flying.

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 10:52 PM ----------

You're not a moderator and he was just adding more to the discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Azlarn View Post
    Definitely allow flying mounts right from the start. Pandaria was utter !@#$ for me without a flying mount, hated every second of every minute while levelling and it's the only expansion which, 1 patch in, I only have 1 character at max level.
    If you consider Pandaria travel to be annoying, I'm guessing you didn't play during BC. Pandaria travel is an asbolute joy compared to the older content.

Go do Outland without a flying mount from 58-70 and then you'll realize how great the travel by ground mount in Pandaria actually is. I still have nightmares about trying to navigate Blade's Edge Mountains lol.

What if the Burning Legion zones were even more tore apart than Draenor and actually required 3D flying like swimming in Vashjir, without the water. Lots of floating island subzones within a zone. Something we would actually NEED flying in order to complete. Imagine a zone like the Nexus in Coldara, but instead of each tier being a small island that fits in a small instance we actually got a multi-tiered fortress zone that is a major Legion portal hub or something. With questing to do on each level. Or an Abyss zone were we have to descend deep into a shadow void getting ghastly, dark, ancient and more evil the deeper you get.

And if you wanted to eliminate flying for some quests just put us in a large cavern or fortress for a quest hub.
    Last edited by Bling; 2013-04-24 at 10:56 PM.

Same rules as Panda land will be fine if they put the same amount of work into the zones.

The problem is one that Blizzard has acknowledged - the power reset. My character has saved all of creation something like three times: Algalon, Lich King, and Deathwing. Saved. The. Entire. Frigging. Planet. Three times. But at the beginning of MOP, I couldn't fly, and there were factions on this new island who were not impressed - even a little - with the fact that I had saved their very existence three times already. I had to go from being a level 85 hero and conqueror to a level 85 noob again.

Like I said, Blizzard has acknowledged this as a problem. If they let us fly at the start, the gankers won't be able to gank us. And for some reason, Blizzard likes it when the gankers gank us. It's just too convenient for us to skip things if we fly, from their point of view. Hell, for MOP they added blue shells that'll knock you off your flying mount just to help the gankers gank us easier. (Joke's on them, I have engineering wings and camo + the camo glyph.)

Now if it were me, and you were right about Xoroth, I'd let people fly... and then seed the skies with demons that attack people less than level (new cap). (Even though I personally would hate that.)