Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't mind ground mounts while leveling, but having to pay for it again every expansion pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You are delusional.

The immersion and experience of an MMO shouldn't be reduced to: 1)get quest, 2) fly high in the air avoiding any and all obstacles in the way of quest objectives, 3)do quest objectives, 4)fly high in the air avoiding any and all obstacles in the way of turning in quest, 5)???, 6) Profit.
    So in essence its as follows:

1. Your opinion.

2. Ask for opinions.

3. Someone else opinion.

4. Call them delusional

Something about that seems a bit off.

No, I'd say the leveling experience is far better without mounts. But I do think they should bring back the Northrend BoA tome to teach your alts how to fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    1 - Who stated that it would be a B.L themed expansion, Getting tired of people assuming that its going to be about the Burning leagion simply down to a few quotes from various NPC's that say multiple things.
    Ghostcrawler said they're getting better at hinting future expansions and the only hints we've got are for Burning Legion.

Wrathion has shown in 5.0 and 5.3 that the Burning Legion is going to come back. iirc, there are no hints for any other expansion to the level of Wrathion outright saying the legion is back.
    . We now think about not only what’s the next expansion, but what’s the one after that, and the one after that? So we can kind of start sewing the seeds a little bit in terms of story.
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/15/feature/7216

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MathPraetor View Post
    So in essence its as follows:

1. Your opinion.

2. Ask for opinions.

3. Someone else opinion.

4. Call them delusional

Something about that seems a bit off.
    Theres a huge difference between stating something as fact and something as opinion.

Please stay on topic, the post is about flying in the new expansion.
    He's at least as on-topic as you were in starting this thread.

Deleted
    im exhausted tbh all this leveling, if they add another expansion they def need to reduce the lvling as a whole. going through all of classic/tbc/wotlk/cata/pandaria is killing me with my alts.

i would prefer no flying but they wouldnt do that because everyone has flying mounts they want to ride.

Theres a huge difference between stating something as fact and something as opinion.
    I didnt read anything he typed as fact. Him using the word should, reads as his opinion.

I don't care about not having flying as long as they do two things.

1) don't repeat the stupidly overtuned mobs that were present in dreadwastes. Some of those quest mobs were just miserable if you weren't a tank class tbh. Not to mention parts of the zone were just so full of mobs that you couldn't avoid pulling extra mobs that would pat around while you were fighting the ones you actually wanted to pull.

2) actually have graveyards in places that make sense. Some of the runbacks were just ridiculous.

Deleted
    Id have to play through the levels first. I did enjoy wrath leveling quite a bit. I think MoP was horrific, but more because I disliked the questing.

No. I can understand where Blizz was coming from in not allowing flying at 1st. BUT once my main has hit level whatever for the next xpac, I would like to be able to get a flying item for my alts, as for some characters, I don't want to level them, I'd just like them to be able to stay as my profession/gathering mules (With the option to be leveled at my leisure if the desire strikers me or I'm bored and decide I want to level something)
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Flying either needs to go altogether(so no flying in max level too) or stay

Making lowbie only no flying does nothing good(Because max level fly and avoid pvp and instead gank lowbies who cannot run)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think flying should be a chain quest instead of a gold requirement at Level 90. A long and grueling chain quest that unlocks your flying for that specific character.

If they allowed flying from the get go, hardly anyone would appreciate the scenery, the environment or travel at all. They would just fly over every objective, complete it and go turn it in trying to bum rush to 95-100 as fast as possible.

Here's how I would do the next expansion

- Players must first reach level 95-100 without the use of a flying mount.
    - Players must also have explored every area of every zone in the new expansion to unlock the flying chain quest.
    - The flying chain quest will have you gathering materials and defeating bosses from the new dungeons of the expansion (they're split up between all the different dungeons).
    - Once the materials have been gathered, they will be collectively pieced together to make a quest item that will unlock your final quest.
    - This quest will send you into the different raids (which will work with LFR as well) to gather one piece off of each final boss of every raid.
    - The gathered materials will give your mount the knowledge and ability to fly in the Netherstorm (or wherever we are) once they're all gathered.
    - You'll receive a bonus quest to race the flight master who has sent you on this epic journey and if you can defeat him, you'll gain an additional 10% flight speed.

There wouldn't be a gold requirement, I find that a tad ridiculous. There's plenty of gold sinks in the game already if someone feels they have too much of it. This chain would have to be done on every single character that you wanted to use flying on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    I think flying should be a chain quest instead of a gold requirement at Level 90. A long and grueling chain quest that unlocks your flying for that specific character.

If they allowed flying from the get go, hardly anyone would appreciate the scenery, the environment or travel at all. They would just fly over every objective, complete it and go turn it in trying to bum rush to 95-100 as fast as possible.

- Players must also have explored every area of every zone in the new expansion to unlock the flying chain quest.
    - The flying chain quest will have you gathering materials and defeating bosses from the new dungeons of the expansion (they're split up between all the different dungeons).
    - Once the materials have been gathered, they will be collectively pieced together to make a quest item that will unlock your final quest.
    - This quest will send you into the different raids (which will work with LFR as well) to gather one piece off of each final boss of every raid.
    - The gathered materials will give your mount the knowledge and ability to fly in the Netherstorm (or wherever we are) once they're all gathered.
    - You'll receive a bonus quest to race the flight master who has sent you on this epic journey and if you can defeat him, you'll gain an additional 10% flight speed.

There wouldn't be a gold requirement, I find that a tad ridiculous. There's plenty of gold sinks in the game already if someone feels they have too much of it. This chain would have to be done on every single character that you wanted to use flying on.
    So you just want more people to quit, is that correct?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    They shouldn't. I liked getting around on ground in Pandaria and Northrend much more. I even hated the cataclysm leveling experience thanks to flying. Although they should make a tome for alts to learn how to fly when they start there.

You are delusional.

The immersion and experience of an MMO shouldn't be reduced to: 1)get quest, 2) fly high in the air avoiding any and all obstacles in the way of quest objectives, 3)do quest objectives, 4)fly high in the air avoiding any and all obstacles in the way of turning in quest, 5)???, 6) Profit.
    This is very true.
    I know flying adds a nice third dimension to the game (literally), but it ruins a lot of the immersion. However, flying is such a core part of the game and players are very used to it, if flying was suddenly removed a lot of players would quit, and a large part of the WoW zones would have to get a redesign, and just having no flying in the new areas make no sense.
    That said, no flying until max level like in MoP worked well and I suspect blizzard will repeat it.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Wow look at this thread of expac assumptions. Xoroth? Level 100? To start: Xoroth is not the home of the burning Legion. It's the home of the Dreadsteeds. The burning Legion took it over and built a Citadel there. They have hundreds of planets under their control. Second: The next level cap will most likely be 95. Blizz stated that a 10 level increase per expac takes to much, so they reduced it to a 5 cap increase.

Blizz already stated about mists, that they disliked the "reach cap then buy flying for alts" thing they did for wrath. We didn't get it for Mists, doubt we will for the next expac.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    1 - Who stated that it would be a B.L themed expansion, Getting tired of people assuming that its going to be about the Burning leagion simply down to a few quotes from various NPC's that say multiple things.

2 - Flying should be allowed from the start, there is no need not to. The "want people to experience the expansion" is total bullshit. I "experience, and explore" 100 times more being able to fly. if they are dead set on making us level without flying then they should alow us to send a tome of flying to our alts to allow them to fly when leveling.

Ground based travel is outdated. The only people who want this are those that bitch on about it killing WPVP.
    1. What else can people do besides assuming? Shut their mouths and not assume anything at all? Seems a stupid thing to say IMO :/

2. Tbf I explored and saw a lot more from pandaria from a ground mount perspective. The only exploring you'll get on a flying mount is from the air, which isn't really exploring an area.

I like the way they did it in MoP, no flying until max level. Ground mounts make the world feel bigger and more epic to me. Zones like Kun-lai Summit was huge! Also no flying made the world feel a lot more populated and alive while levelling then it did in Cataclysm. Sure there was a lot of people at the same spot in the beginning in Hyjal but after that it was a lot qet quest, fly over all the mobs, land get quest item, mount fly over everything and turn in quest.

In MoP there was people running around everywhere, all over the world and I liked it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post

This is called ATTUNEMENT, and Blizzard have said they will NEVER do that again..

No good reason was ever provided, as most people actually like attunements..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I quite liked leveling the first time with no flying. But hey that's me.
    The first time yeah. not the other 10 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.