Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Flying unlocked @ max lvl, with a lvl 90 req item from a vendor.

The faction that vendor belongs to, then offers you a "flying commendation" on exalted that unlocks (new xpac flying) for your entire account.

If you want to lvl before getting exalted on the main (lets say this is achievable within 1 reset after getting max lvl) then lvl with ground mounts, if you can wait 1 week, you instead can fly around while lvling.

Deleted
    No flying on first playthrough on the latest expansion content until you've reached max level. Allow flying in all other non-instanced content, at second+ playthrough and/or at max level.
    Last edited by mmoc0b3cb0c063; 2013-04-25 at 11:04 AM.

The no flying is cool as it is, just keep it that way. But get more dangerous mobs closer to the roads.
    Now you run from A to B and you never get attacked.

Instead of the tomes, why not reduced prize for flying skills for your alts. (just like the commendations for the Pandaria factions they have now).

Deleted
    It really makes no difference to me. Being able to fly doesn't change anything, I have just as much fun flying to place X as I do running along the ground. Personally I'd allow flying just to annoy those WPVP whiners who think it ruined the game (protip: it hasn't).

I agree. It should be Wrath style, with no flying at the beginning, but once you hit cap you are able to buy the tome for alts. Personally, I love getting a chance to see everything via ground mount in the beginning-plus it's nice to actually use some of my mounts for a change. But, after your 5th or 6th 90, it gets a little tedious. -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I can't believe I'm actually (sort of) agreeing with Jaylock. Hell really has frozen over.

I agree, flying should only be unlocked at level cap, but we should also have the BoA tomes as we had in Wrath to get flight at 85 for alt characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

I think it depends on the layout of the map itself. If it's very travel heavy, why not toss in flying? Maybe scale it down to base speeds (no master or artisan counts).
    If we're looking at less travel, then allow it at level cap, for the sake of being able to farm for mats and such once level cap is reached.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    2. Tbf I explored and saw a lot more from pandaria from a ground mount perspective. The only exploring you'll get on a flying mount is from the air, which isn't really exploring an area.
    Just because you fly way above the tree line, doesn't mean that I, or other like me do.

I HAVE THE SOLUTION

1st time no flying

2nd, 3rd, 4rth time after that on your alt you can buy flying from the get go

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    What do you all think?
    I think that the way they did it with LK and Mists was the right way.. it gives folks a real tangible motivation to level.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Flying should be available immediately really. I'm not blind, I will be experiencing the content either way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I completely agree with this. Having flying at the start of leveling takes out the danger of leveling and makes it faster then it should.
    what danger? also I don't particularly enjoy traveling in a landscape where you cant see anything due to trees/etc, at a shitty speed and annoying mobs that dismount. No monsters generated for leveling can posess a 'challenge' I didnt die a single time in the world while leveling my monk, shaman, warlock or hunter. I couldnt see anything off pandaria before I got a flying mount.

i like the way flying works in mop.
    in fact, i actaully like isle of thunder.. alot.. whould be nice with more noflying zones. makes the world feel more alive! and flying mounts makes the world feel very small..

Whould be fun to have an expansion without any flying whatsoever. just to see if id miss it or not.

Allow flying from the moment you install it. And it should be free. No training. Seriously this must be the bajilionth thread on the subject wth ????????
    How did he die ?

His death was caused by pneumonia induced by daggers to the chest.Repeatedly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am enjoying getting around on my ground mount and it made questing more explorational like when I came to the top of the kun lai summit where all the trolls were. I even love the no-mount zones like worgen, goblin and panda starting areas.

What I am however not liking is being dismounted by angry mobs running after me, so that i suddenly have to fight a lot of them at once as it happens a lot in the new thunder isle zone.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they should allow flying right away. It just gets too complicated to make quests interesting (trying to make the skies not so friendly or something) when anything that doesn't require killing massive numbers of an enemy for drops or shear numbers amounts to flying just next to the objective and killing a couple guys to get to the goal.

I do think it would be fine to do the tomes thing. No content is really "immersive" for alts anyway, because it's you doing something you personally already know was done before. I actually really liked that.

Flying should be reserved until you reach max level, so no flying while leveling per expansion pack, like it always was (cata was the only exception). I do think they should return the Tome of Flying (as we had in WotLK), so we can have our alts fly from the start.

I think they should let us fly in certain areas, but restrict it in others. Let us experience both sides of the coin.

And make it so when we do fly, we are still in danger. Flying mobs, anti air defenses, etc. I do agree that there should be more sense of danger when leveling and when you can fly, that danger gets removed/reduced.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    1 - Who stated that it would be a B.L themed expansion, Getting tired of people assuming that its going to be about the Burning leagion simply down to a few quotes from various NPC's that say multiple things. .
    The leaked fake, but lucky (or not so fake) list of future expansions suggested the following back in 2004 in the same order:

- Outland set
    - Northrend set
    - Cataclysm/Maelstrom set
    - Pandaria set
    - Legion set

So far it has been correct for every expansion (SET WISE, not zones or levels), so there's very little reason to doubt that the next expansion won't be legion related. And yes, it has been said to be fake. But I believe in it still.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post
    They've released there is one expansion left and the rest of the focus goes into their new MMO, Titan.
    [citation needed]

They've NEVER said that.