Deleted

Best spec for Ji-Kun HC?

Hey.

We just killed Horridon HC, and headed to Ji-Kun, and had a very close wipe. So we are getting close, but I want help on what spec to pick.

I was on nest 2,8 and 10 - Paired with a rogue. I played it as Destruction GoSac.
    On nest 2 we didn't lack dmg at all, went down just fine.
    On nest 8 we got behind, and it felt slower - and as we had to get to 10 (which spawns at same time as 9), this made us fall behind, and we got 2 juveniles here. -> I had to waste my feather to finish them off.

My rogue partner is abit undergeared, so I need to pull abit of the weight. What spec would be the best for this?
    Demo even tho the AOE is great, needs a pet to get great AoE - and the pet despawns when flying, which makes getting Primal Nutriment meh.
    I prefer Affliction as my spec, but I don't feel like I would be able to pull the desireable AoE at all.

Also, on the Primal Nutriment, any tips how to pick these off much effeciently? I had there is a way, of using your feather off the second platform, (to get back off), and obtaining the Primal Nutriment, but I am not sure on the timing here. It must be some time at/after Caw, but not sure exactly when.

Deleted
    Not sure about the best spec, but as for feathers I personally use :
    1 to get the buff after getting back from the low platfrom with portal
    1 to get to the high platform
    1 to get the buff after jumping from the high platform

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Hey.
    Also, on the Primal Nutriment, any tips how to pick these off much effeciently? I had there is a way, of using your feather off the second platform, (to get back off), and obtaining the Primal Nutriment, but I am not sure on the timing here. It must be some time at/after Caw, but not sure exactly when.
    Watch your timers.

You can, after a bit of practice, nearly always get a feather after clearing a platform. The easiest times to pick one up being when you come up from a lower platform and when you use your additional feather. However, this is all dependent on how your guild does platform; how quickly you clear them etc.

Personally, I play Demonology on this fight, but any spec viable here. Though I'd find affliction to the most annoying in the push back phase.

Deleted
    considering you only have to do 3 nests it should be fine as destruction. I would suggest saving DS for the 10th nest (if you're doing 8 you are going to get up there a tad late anyway) so you can easily kill the eggs up top. As for getting the primal nutrient buff, if you use a feather and hover just above the boss you should get the buff 100% of the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrenka View Post
    Watch your timers.

You can, after a bit of practice, nearly always get a feather after clearing a platform. The easiest times to pick one up being when you come up from a lower platform and when you use your additional feather. However, this is all dependent on how your guild does platform; how quickly you clear them etc.

Personally, I play Demonology on this fight, but any spec viable here. Though I'd find affliction to the most annoying in the push back phase.
    Prob gonna stick with Destruction, but what Grimore do you use with Demo?

If you aren't the best at pet micro, then just play destruction. It is extremely competitive, and great for primal nutriment.

I've been playing demo serv but I go to 6 nests. (9 on our initial kill, but our raid dps is much higher now). I know a lot of people play demo sac on it bc of the pet thing, but I've never had problems with the pet despawning. Just keep it on aggressive and it should be fine. It does disappear when you are flying, but with good positioning, you won't be in the air for more than 5s to get a primal nutriment, so the dps loss of the pet not attacking is negligeable. I assume you're doing 10 man? In which case, you should just stick with destro.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Prob gonna stick with Destruction, but what Grimore do you use with Demo?
    Grim Service.

Deleted
    We're progressing on this fight, had a couple of 2% wipes which is frustrating, so it should go down on sunday.

I'm on the main nest group, playing destruction. I fly with a Ret pala and an Assassination rogue and I'm always doing about double the damage on hatchlings than they are. Honestly its amazing for this fight. Keep rain of fire down, immolate the adds, burn conflags, then havoc and chaos bolt/shadowburn your heart out.

I'm also using a soul-linked voidlord to tank the nest guardians on platforms 4 and 12. Soul link was the game changer here and made the tanking trivial, whereas before he was getting 2 shotted.

Deleted
    Hey.

On nest 8 we got behind, and it felt slower - and as we had to get to 10 (which spawns at same time as 9), this made us fall behind, and we got 2 juveniles here. -> I had to waste my feather to finish them off.
    After you cleared nest 8, fly up to the Ji-Kun platform and positon yourself right beside him so that he is between you and nest 10. After the nest is activated, wait 5 seconds and Ji-kun will cast Feed Young, use your wings, get the buff while flying to the nest. The rest is a walk in the park, especially when your rogue buddy is doing the same thing.
    Last edited by mmocff0de3da04; 2013-04-25 at 11:43 AM.

Deleted
    I'm on nest 1,3,5,6,7,9,10,11 so I use feathers accordingly etc.
    Playing Demo on this fight with GrimServ and it's badass.

Best spec is probably whatever you're comfortable with.
    I probably couldn't go with Affliction due to the lack of quick burst AoE.

Deleted
    I'm a nest lock so take nests 1,3,4,5,6,7,9(top),10. We also have nest 12 where only 4 dps go to to grab feathers for the final burst.

I'm Destro with Sacrifice.

This has some major advantages:
    1) Burst dps. Cleaving Chaos Bolts on the 2 eggs in the top nests is major and I have enough embers to keep bolting and shadowburning eggs. Destro AE isn't bad either for the lower nests.
    2) Sacrificial Pact. With Grimoire of Sacrifice the pact becomes an insane shield. It's easily a 550k absorb shield, which I can boost to 700k+ with Shadow Bulwark. It's on a 1 min cooldown so this makes me able to reduce all Quills to just minor inconveniences.
    3) Well timed I can skip a lot of Down Drafts, just floating above the platform after picking up a feeding (or halfway just before a feeding). Especially in the burn phase I only pick up 1 or 2 feedings and use my remaining feather(s) to skip a whole Down Draft while dpsing at full power. As pets despawn when flying it would hamper this advantage.

Now this is for a nests guy. Initially I was assigned to your rotation as well (2, 8, 9, 11 + 13 for dps) which is the main platform dps group. I went Destro with Supremacy, though I might have switched to Sac as well. Never got a chance to test it out as I placed myself into the nests group when our original nest group had problems surviving Quills while keeping up dps on eggs on nest 4 (nest 4 has an add and quills while the dps just picked up feeding damage, nasty combo). No other class has our survivability while maintaining dps in that regard.

ps. we killed Ji-Kun as our 2nd heroic. We're now close to getting Horridon down and will move on to Tortos as our 3rd.

Really anything works. Each has strengths and weaknesses. I prefer to sac pets in all 3 specs but we finally got our kill when I was demo sac. Being able to roll doom on the boss (and EA'd corr) was decent. Similar to aff redotting on flyby. Having meta form for quills was alot less healing required since its physical and meta = lots of armor. Leap is also nice for downdraft...though I could never make it work for hitting nests lol.

Aff has no burst aoe but full on shards is generally enough to rot a nest in time. Destro is probably the best due to the self healing and burst but like most things its what you play best (and have the best gear for). First time everyone hit all the ups and downs nest wise we got a kill. Damage was not the problem on this fight its almost all execution. Also used AV for the first time in living memory. Well KJC could screw up your jump and didn't need wider aoe so took free passive dmg reflection.

10+ Year Old Account
    demo is my fave choice (and spec atm) because even if you don't opt for KJC (which i have) going into meta during downdraft you can use leap/portal/burning rush to never coming past the middle of the ramp. Also when you are jumping down from the nests above you can leap before you hit the ground to make fall damage = zero. the way that my group does it is that i go down on the 2nd nest and then the same one second time around (10th?) and then go straight up after. i start flying up with 4sec left till feed young which means my feathers have 1-2 sec left when i pick it up and fall down back to platform. after that i use feather to pick up buff 2x more times (try to do it before downdraft so i don't have to run) . Sac Pact = soak quills fully and soul leech = not dying to caw if you get hit.

I also run with GoServ

here is a log of our last kill

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xsvwx5ewznm55ig5/

also want to point out that SacPact+Glyph of Demon Training=as big as shield as you would with GoSac and you get a slightly better dps with GoServ (unless you have UVLS and the Everlasting Affliction glyph)
    Last edited by MrHappy; 2013-04-26 at 08:35 PM.

With UVoLS, wouldn't Demo GoSac be pretty strong on this fight?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulu View Post
    With UVoLS, wouldn't Demo GoSac be pretty strong on this fight?
    You shouldn't have juveniles up beyond their spawn point.

10+ Year Old Account
    We killed Ji'Kun this week as our fifth heroic, and it turns out Destruction with the sacrifice build is more than capable to compete and overdo other specs in terms of dps. Admittedly I was lucky with shadowburn snipes on the eggs and the birds, but there shouldnt be an issue with this at all.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ed...s=9851&e=10270

Our other locks were affliction and demo respectively and you can dig some in our logs if you need further convincing.

I've got the #1 parse on 25H jikun for both affliction (255k) and demonology (229k), with the #1 destruction parse being 260k. All 3 specs are highly competetive. Play what you're good at. Make sure you line up cooldowns with Feed Young buffs, and you'll do fine.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)