10+ Year Old Account

Zon'ozz trash disconnecting the player

I'm trying to solo Dragon Soul bosses just to see how far I can get. I can't seem to get past Zon'ozz trash. I tank the Claws, and inevitably they grab me and they try to throw me towards another raid member...... but since I'm the only one there, it divides by zero, disconnects me, kills me while DCed and when I log back in I'm on Ultraxion's platform (bur?) but with no NPCs there since I'm not supposed to be able to get there yet.

Aside from asking people to help, am I just SoL?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably SOL until they fix it, and I'm sure it isn't too far up on their to do list, unfortunately

Only one pack does it, the group to the left as you land. If you have access to ranged attacks, just kill it from range and it won't ever grab you. Sure you'll get pelted by 100k shots from it and the rest of the pack's attacks, but depending on your class that may or may not be a big deal.

Or bring a ranged friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Truly, the power of the Old Gods and their minion is most insidious.

Deleted
    I done this recently as a prot paladin and the claw just tossed me right where i was standing before (I'll admit it did flail me around for a good 5-10s or so beforehand) but no disconnects here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Only one pack does it, the group to the left as you land.
    Odd, but this is true. I switched to starting from the right and suddenly there weren't any disconnects anymore. O.o

Now I just need to figure out how to make the damn ball bounce towards the boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Odd, but this is true. I switched to starting from the right and suddenly there weren't any disconnects anymore. O.o

Now I just need to figure out how to make the damn ball bounce towards the boss.
    They wont bounce towards him, it'll always spawn right infront of him, you should have time to kite him there no problem.
    Just dont let the ball hit the outer wall

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    They wont bounce towards him, it'll always spawn right infront of him, you should have time to kite him there no problem.
    if you got a way to prevent fall damage (charge, feral charge/feline grace, engineering item, bubble, path of frost minor glyph), it won't be that severe. the explosion hits for about 120K, so if you got a CD ready, you can let it hit the wall and get a nice chunk of vengeance extra. you do lose the damage from the debuff though, so it's more something to do near the end of the fight when the boss is low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    I let the ball hit me and then face the boss to aim it.

And the ball just zip past under his legs and I'll be chasing after the ball. Everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I let the ball hit me and then face the boss to aim it.

And the ball just zip past under his legs and I'll be chasing after the ball. Everywhere.
    Remember that it has a cooldown period after you hit it, so you have to run well past him for it to activate in time to hit him.