View Poll Results: What level should Demon Hunters start out as?

Voters
167. This poll is closed
  • Level 55

44 26.35%
  • Level 65

48 28.74%
  • Level 75

75 44.91%
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    75. Unless they update Northrend; otherwise it just doesn't make sense and seems needless to thrust people back into OL/NR just because. Cataclysm/MoP zones will provide enough learning space, in addition to the new leveling area.

And they'd better be a Hero class. The DK starting experience was so exciting, I can't wait to see what they do for DHs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    If you have played Demonology before the redesign you would realize that most of your spells became melee attacks when you used metamorphosis. Pretty much everything else you mentioned has been at some point in the warlocks arsenal, warlocks use to have drain mana even if its not mana burn it was basically a weaker version of the same thing. Now they can even use fel fire with the quest chain. The soul thing is ridiculous, ever heard of soul stones, drain life, soul drain, hell even healthstones. Again with the immolate aura, its covered in demonic form it becomes a fire and forget AoE the same exact thing demon hunters have. I can even quote Blizzard saying that Demon hunters are pretty much addressed by the Warlock, Hunter, DK class and that they had planned them for Wotlk but decided to go with the DK's. So yeah my argument is very valid you just don't want to accept it.

Ghostcrawler on DH's :
    Aulupe: "@Ghostcrawler You've said WoW cannot support an infinite number of classes.With DK and now Monks added will we ever see a Demon Hunter class"
    Ghostcrawler: "Is there enough design space there not occupied by DK, warlock, hunter, warrior?"

(source: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...11292543741952)

I will say that Ghostcrawler has been known to talk out of his ass, like the rest of blizz so for all I know as highly unlikely as it is they might add them as a class. I still think its the least likely class to get added anytime soon.
    again, if they didnt want to use the class they wouldve just said no, when they dont say no like that it means they are contemplating it, you also dont find it strange that he mentioned classes that historically have had nothing in common with demon hunters?

if anything it should give insight to what they are thinking when it comes to specs and spells. hes implying if they were to add demon hunters they might have a ranged spec
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yeah and when i was a kid i watched power rangers alot, i havent seen any of the recent seasons, i am not buying their product (or in the case of tv generating their ad revenue) so they dont cater to me, nor do they try to except in specific cases like special anniversary events.

a better version of your harry potter argument would be if you decided who got to kill voldemort but stopped reading after goblet of fire
    You're comparing your childhood with your current age (what are you, 13-14?). I'm comparing non-stop play of WoW/WC3 for the past 8 years, minus the last 2-3 months, where nothing has happened in WoW to warrant my not having a voice in this matter.

Your example of what would be a "better" version of my argument is completely unrelated to what I tried to convey as an analogy and clearly shows you don't even understand what I'm writing. I READ all the important books so I know what happens, I PLAYED every WoW/Warcraft and know what happens, why would I make an analogy where I would insult my own intelligence by saying I make unfounded statements without having completely experience all the lore in the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    again as others have explained, death knights didnt work out well because they tried to make them dps and tank in every spec
    the point is level 1-60 is so damn quick now... it is almost a joke. I honestly beleive even DK's should start from level 1..

Personally I would prefer level 1. I enjoy the leveling process and learning the class along the way. I think the DK hero class idea was terrible. Really the whole idea of a hero class is a poor one in my opinion.

You could easily have a demon hunter at lvl 1. They can be a dark hero type with a tragic beginning, family killed, wanting to use the powers of those who destroyed your life to take revenge, or just those who started on a path of arcane magic but felt drawn to a different field of study manifesting the energies differently then mages and warlocks in a more physical way. These would both work. They fit into the style of the game. If demons are invading Azeroth, would explain why there are so many new demon hunters as people's lives are destroyed they are being exposed to the fel energies and are looking for revenge manifesting as the powers of a demon hunter.

I just hope they never do the hero class concept again. While I will agree that DKs would have made zero sense starting at level 1 due to their lore, I just don't see the same restriction in Demon Hunters.

Also in my opinion (being an opinion I realize others feel differently and their views are equally valid) I see the whole hero class concept as flawed. While I don't necessarily feel DKs are flawed, I feel that starting a character through most of the opening content does not allow people the time to learn the details of the class as well. It leads to problems such as the proliferation of terrible DKs we saw during LK. I know during large chunks of LK people would drop groups if there were DKs in them, since it became synonymous with "newb" on many servers and in many groups. I don't think starting a class with the inherent disadvantage of the "newb" label that can stick to a hero class as being fair to the players who really feel drawn to the class. I know DKs came into their own and are now an accepted part of the WoW community, but why put people through that?

Feel free to disagree with me, I know plenty will, but at least take some time to think back to early WotLK without the rose tinted glasses and remember the problems that DK players had to deal with and consider if that is truly fair.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisWillNotStand View Post
    You're comparing your childhood with your current age (what are you, 13-14?). I'm comparing non-stop play of WoW/WC3 for the past 8 years, minus the last 2-3 months, where nothing has happened in WoW to warrant my now having a voice in this matter.

Your example of what would be a "better" version of my argument is completely unrelated to what I tried to convey as an analogy and clearly shows you don't even understand what I'm writing. I READ all the important books so I know what happens, I PLAYED every WoW/Warcraft and know what happens, why would I make an analogy where I would insult my own intelligence by saying I make unfounded statements without having completely experience all the lore in the game?
    if you dont plan on buying wow again unless its free to play than yes you dont deserve to put in input, people who play the game and plan to continue playing it do because we are the target demographic.

also dont worry you dont need any help to insult your intelligence
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

75, two expansions behind, like 55 was in WotLK.

I think Demon Hunters would fit very well as a hero class and have their own starting zone on an island in SMV.

think of it this way, when you make a monk you are just a lowly student trying to learn, you slowly become a hero.

as a death knight or in this case demon hunter you would start out as a hero, you wouldnt have to move up the ranks and prove yourself because you already have.

when your a normal class you are a nobody who becomes a somebody

when you are a hero class you are a somebody who picks a side
    Levels aren't a lore mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Keleri View Post
    75, two expansions behind, like 55 was in WotLK.

I think Demon Hunters would fit very well as a hero class and have their own starting zone on an island in SMV.
    i think felwood would be a better choice, that way it can be current in the timeline

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 02:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Levels aren't a lore mechanic.
    they arent but when you start at a higher level you start out with a wider range of abilities and spells that go along with the general feel of being "all heroed up"

level 70 and the starting zone outside BT pre illidan kill
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    You know, Hero classes are hero classes cause they were playable as an hero on Warcraft III, and Demon Hunter is one of them.
    chen stormstout was a monk hero class in warcraft e : tft

monks in WoW are not hero classes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sealbinder View Post
    Personally I would prefer level 1. I enjoy the leveling process and learning the class along the way. I think the DK hero class idea was terrible. Really the whole idea of a hero class is a poor one in my opinion.

You could easily have a demon hunter at lvl 1. They can be a dark hero type with a tragic beginning, family killed, wanting to use the powers of those who destroyed your life to take revenge, or just those who started on a path of arcane magic but felt drawn to a different field of study manifesting the energies differently then mages and warlocks in a more physical way. These would both work. They fit into the style of the game. If demons are invading Azeroth, would explain why there are so many new demon hunters as people's lives are destroyed they are being exposed to the fel energies and are looking for revenge manifesting as the powers of a demon hunter.

I just hope they never do the hero class concept again. While I will agree that DKs would have made zero sense starting at level 1 due to their lore, I just don't see the same restriction in Demon Hunters.

Also in my opinion (being an opinion I realize others feel differently and their views are equally valid) I see the whole hero class concept as flawed. While I don't necessarily feel DKs are flawed, I feel that starting a character through most of the opening content does not allow people the time to learn the details of the class as well. It leads to problems such as the proliferation of terrible DKs we saw during LK. I know during large chunks of LK people would drop groups if there were DKs in them, since it became synonymous with "newb" on many servers and in many groups. I don't think starting a class with the inherent disadvantage of the "newb" label that can stick to a hero class as being fair to the players who really feel drawn to the class. I know DKs came into their own and are now an accepted part of the WoW community, but why put people through that?

Feel free to disagree with me, I know plenty will, but at least take some time to think back to early WotLK without the rose tinted glasses and remember the problems that DK players had to deal with and consider if that is truly fair.
    same problems there are with monks, and with any other class... most ppl don't go on forums to document themselves about how a class is played properly or just don't care and they play however they like... there are bad players in any class and tbh if they don't care enough to put effort in learning they will still suck even if they lvl from 1 to 95(or w/e the new cap will be)... heck there was a guy on these forums a few days ago saying he went from 1 to 77 by just autoattacking on his first toon...

if the starting zone is good it can teach you how to play the class(dk's wasn't that good but it wasn't really bad either, still could definitely be better)... ofc it's still different from person to person since some ppl can't be borthered to learn and just do w/e they want, others just aren't skilled enough in general.... and others will be naturals and learn it very easy

so yeah I really see no downside to starting at a higher level(my personal choice would be 75 and have the lvling zone take you to 80 as I would think seeing Outland as a demon hunter would be weird, unless the starting zone is somehow based sometime in the past... and I hate northrend lvling...)

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    chen stormstout was a monk hero class in warcraft e : tft

monks in WoW are not hero classes
    but chen is still a hero!

i once heard that chen stormstout slew a million sandwitch wizards with but one slice of his palm

i think felwood would be a better choice, that way it can be current in the timeline

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 02:52 PM ----------

they arent but when you start at a higher level you start out with a wider range of abilities and spells that go along with the general feel of being "all heroed up"
    That's not what happened with Death Knights.

That's not what happened with Death Knights.
    except it did? you got a bunch of spells and abilities and talent points pretty much all at once and were crowned champion of the scourge O-O

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    same problems there are with monks, and with any other class... most ppl don't go on forums to document themselves about how a class is played properly or just don't care and they play however they like... there are bad players in any class and tbh if they don't care enough to put effort in learning they will still suck even if they lvl from 1 to 95(or w/e the new cap will be)... heck there was a guy on these forums a few days ago saying he went from 1 to 77 by just autoattacking on his first toon...

if the starting zone is good it can teach you how to play the class(dk's wasn't that good but it wasn't really bad either, still could definitely be better)... ofc it's still different from person to person since some ppl can't be borthered to learn and just do w/e they want, others just aren't skilled enough in general.... and others will be naturals and learn it very easy

so yeah I really see no downside to starting at a higher level(my personal choice would be 75 and have the lvling zone take you to 80 as I would think seeing Outland as a demon hunter would be weird, unless the starting zone is somehow based sometime in the past... and I hate northrend lvling...)
    Being in a world filled with demons would be weird for a demon hunter? It would make more sense for them to start off fighting elementals and dragons? What?

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 02:01 PM ----------

except it did? you got a bunch of spells and abilities and talent points pretty much all at once and were crowned champion of the scourge O-O
    Go make a Death Knight and open your skill book.

0, simply I don't want demon hunters or a new class, but if I had to pick one for a new class, 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    What level should the hero class Demon Hunters start out as?

Level 55?

Level 65?

Level 75?

Personally I think they should start out as level 65 with some outland related lore surrounding their triumphant emergence into the game. It would make sense as details about the new expansion (burning legion) have been emerging within game.
    If they start out at 65 that doesn't mean they'll be thrust into outland. They'll have their own starting zone like the death knight and they'll leave outland for Northrend when they're done. I don't think that necessitates starting at 65. Death knights started one expansion behind. Arguably you could say they could start at 82/83 and be 85 when they're done and head to Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Well for lore reasons, you think they would choose 75? I think not. 65 seems to be a great compromise, especially with them nerfing xp required to level up in those levels.
    If anything if you consider what I just said 75's a better compromise

And there's not really much lore reason for any starting level, they'll create the starting zone and it doesn't need to be relevant to the zones that another character would be in at the same level.

Being in a world filled with demons would be weird for a demon hunter? It would make more sense for them to start off fighting elementals and dragons? What?

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 02:01 PM ----------

Go make a Death Knight and open your skill book.
    my main is a death knight, and you get a large portion of abilities and spells at a much faster rate then any other class. most classes have like 3 spells for their first 20 levels that they use on average

my main is a death knight, and you get a large portion of abilities and spells at a much faster rate then any other class. most classes have like 3 spells for their first 20 levels that they use on average
    You get them at a faster rate because you started at 55. And I don't think anyone was debating the depth of level 20.

There's no point in skipping 55 levels just so some people can feel a little better for 15 minutes.