Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Demon Hunter? No. - Why not Battle-Mage :)

What do you think? I personally believe if Demon Hunters are a possibly, then it's high time that Battle-Mages are a possibility aswell.

We have shaman, death knights, and paladins.

How about no.
    The post that Blizzard banned me for:
    2014-11-28 19:55:26 [Trade - City] Potassiumgluconate: female dwarf butts are the best thing that this expansion has given us.
    Butts are a touchy subject.

How about no new class? Don't need the balancing woes and I don't see any lore/play gaps unless they pull another Pandaria on us.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    they'd fill a much needed role of int plate

battle-mages will be next. just like saurfang will kill garrosh. just like the end boss of the next expansion is aman'thul.

you heard it here.

<-- medivh

theres already a thread open suggesting battlemages, also battlemages are to generic and have hardly any lore.

spellbreakers as either a new class or a demon hunter spec would be much better, they are basically battle mages only a million times cooler and better lore

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

either make them wear int plate, add a spellbreaker class using int plate, or add a DK healing spec, some sort of "Dark Reanimator", someone else needs to use int plate.
    "You will bend to my will... with or without your precious sanity!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    theres already a thread open suggesting battlemages, also battlemages are to generic and have hardly any lore.
    ...about as generic as, say warriors, mages, or hunters?

Quote Originally Posted by ChadBroChill17 View Post
    either make them wear int plate, or add a DK healing spec, some sort of "Dark Reanimator", kinda how lorewise forsaken priests heal with shadow
    lorewise forsaken priests dont heal, they just kill and torture things
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    No, for numerous reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    lorewise forsaken priests dont heal, they just kill and torture things
    you know what I mean. bliz says they dont heal with the light because that would destroy them... so they use the shadow. they just use the same spells for game mechanics
    "You will bend to my will... with or without your precious sanity!

I prefer the idea of Battle-mages over Demon Hunters.

Not by a whole lot, but it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    ...about as generic as, say warriors, mages, or hunters?
    yeah, warriors are pretty bad when it comes to needing inspiration but they atleast have the whole only plate user who doesnt use magic.

mages are fine since every fantasy game has wizards and hunters shouldve just been called rangers or beastmasters since hunter is a bad name

Honestly I'd prefer they just removed int plate seeing as only 1 spec uses it. Make holy paladins scale from strength plate would be easy and would help clean up loot messiness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    How about no new class? Don't need the balancing woes and I don't see any lore/play gaps unless they pull another Pandaria on us.
    How about no new expansion ?
    How about no new content ?

10+ Year Old Account
    That gap isn't a huge deal. The fact there's 2 mail users while every other armor type has 3 each is bigger.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That gap isn't a huge deal. The fact there's 2 mail users while every other armor type has 3 each is bigger.
    still, there's only one spec of one class that uses int plate right now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuffguss View Post
    Honestly I'd prefer they just removed int plate seeing as only 1 spec uses it. Make holy paladins scale from strength plate would be easy and would help clean up loot messiness.
    Yep. DKs cast spells with STR plate, and so can H Paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I don't think it'd be unreasonable to think battle-mages couldn't wear mail.

Because DKs are melee, monks are melee, why not have a ranged class for a change.