Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    spellbreakers as either a new class or a demon hunter spec would be much better
    Spellbreakers as a demon hunter spec?

God no.

However, I can see a battle-mage Spellbreaker spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

I think it wouldn't be unreasonable to have spellbreakers as the battlemage tank spec
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    still, there's only one spec of one class that uses int plate right now
    Yeah, but that doesn't justify creating an entire class just so more specs can wear INT plate.

It's all well and good saying yeah let's have battlemages but think about what niche they would fill, what role they'd play, how they'd be different from existing classes. But what do we know about battle mages already? They're really not that different to the mages we play in-game. Seems like they're just mages who armour up a bit more and do a little melee. War/battlemages arn't original enough to be their own class.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Warmage

Nowhere near enough difference to create a brand new class. Same arcane energy, same spells, same cloth armour, mightaswell just make it a mage spec.

We've had one plate melee / tank, and one leather melee / healer / tank. I'm banking on the next class being a ranged class. I'd rather see something like Dragonsworn, some sort of dragon student disciple who takes over for the aspect's or dragonflights abilities, being able to slow down / reverse time, or enter the Emerald Dream for invisibility, or create great walls of earth. Or, Tinkerers that build gun turrets and robots and stuff that do all their work for them.

Those would be interesting classes to see and much easier to develop as demon hunters would be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That gap isn't a huge deal. The fact there's 2 mail users while every other armor type has 3 each is bigger.
    Now PLEASE explain to me how the hell is it more important to have another mail class than an intellect plate wearer? do you see shamans and hunters having any problems when it comes to tokens? Does any of them have the monopoly over a tier token? do you honestly think having only 2 classes of an armor type is worse than having a spec with the monopoly over a tier token?
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2013-04-25 at 02:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo328 View Post
    Because DKs are melee, monks are melee, why not have a ranged class for a change.
    There's 12 Ranged DPS Specs in the Game right now (Spriest, All Warlocks, All Mages, All Hunters, Balance Druids, and Ele Shammies) There's 11 Melee Specs (Both Warrior DPS, Both DK DPS, Ret Pallies, Enh Shamans, WW Monks, All Rogues and Feral Druids)

Also Demon Hunters do fulfill a Spellsword niche, while adding an interesting visual, as opposed to battle mage, they just don't wear plate armor (The plate armor thing is annoying at the moment, the only "real" shots for fixing that are scaling Hpallies with Strength, or Giving Unholy DK's a stat makeover, both of which aren't reasonable)

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 03:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
    It's all well and good saying yeah let's have battlemages but think about what niche they would fill, what role they'd play, how they'd be different from existing classes. But what do we know about battle mages already? They're really not that different to the mages we play in-game. Seems like they're just mages who armour up a bit more and do a little melee. War/battlemages arn't original enough to be their own class.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Warmage

Nowhere near enough difference to create a brand new class. Same arcane energy, same spells, same cloth armour, mightaswell just make it a mage spec.

We've had one plate melee / tank, and one leather melee / healer / tank. I'm banking on the next class being a ranged class. I'd rather see something like Dragonsworn, some sort of dragon student disciple who takes over for the aspect's or dragonflights abilities, being able to slow down / reverse time, or enter the Emerald Dream for invisibility, or create great walls of earth. Or, Tinkerers that build gun turrets and robots and stuff that do all their work for them.

Those would be interesting classes to see and much easier to develop as demon hunters would be.
    We're not Getting Dragonsworn, that's for sure. Tinkers are unlikely, Demon Hunters at this point are the most likely thing (there's an overwhelming want, and look at the reason pandaren got added as a playable race). Also I fail to see how Dragonsworn or Tinker are "much easier to develop than Demon Hunters"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    Now PLEASE explain to me how the hell is it more important to have another mail class than an intellect plate wearer? do you see shamans and hunters having any problems when it comes to tokens? Does any of them have the monopoly over a tier token? do you honestly think having only 2 classes of an armor type is worse than having a spec with the monopoly over a tier token?
    It's a bit more complicated than that. If there are 4 classes using plate, it will imbalance the loot tables. It would especially be bad if you introduce an entire class that wears plate armor when the majority of Plate wearers are STR based.

But more to the point; why in the world would you introduce a class called Battle Mages when there's already a Mage class in the game? It would sow confusion among new players, and truly add nothing to the game.

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 04:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    We're not Getting Dragonsworn, that's for sure. Tinkers are unlikely, Demon Hunters at this point are the most likely thing (there's an overwhelming want, and look at the reason pandaren got added as a playable race). Also I fail to see how Dragonsworn or Tinker are "much easier to develop than Demon Hunters"
    It's not that Tinkers are easier to create. It's that Tinkers fit into the game better, and don't directly conflict with existing classes.

With the Kirin Tor and the Sunreavers being more prominent in this expansion we could maybe see it happen :/

Yeah, this push for Battle Mages just needs to die. A plate wearing mage carrying a sword and a staff is pretty cheesy.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It's a bit more complicated than that. If there are 4 classes using plate, it will imbalance the loot tables. It would especially be bad if you introduce an entire class that wears plate armor when the majority of Plate wearers are STR based.

But more to the point; why in the world would you introduce a class called Battle Mages when there's already a Mage class in the game? It would sow confusion among new players, and truly add nothing to the game.

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 04:07 AM ----------

It's not that Tinkers are easier to create. It's that Tinkers fit into the game better, and don't directly conflict with existing classes.
    Tinkers = engineering

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Potassiumgluconate View Post
    We have shaman, death knights, and paladins.

How about no.
    Paladins are the only class that uses Intellect plate.

Deleted
    Is there some kind of Illness spreading around creating threads that consist "We need Demon Hunter / Battle Mages / Ogres / High Elves !" ?

I mean, one thread is enough for each of em', not 200.

And no I wouldnt like to see Battlemages in World of Warcraft, mage is already in existence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo328 View Post
    Because DKs are melee, monks are melee, why not have a ranged class for a change.
    Tinker with turrets and robots coming next , don't worry .

Battle mages ? Demon hunters ?

Bullshevik.

Deleted
    The only class I can think of that would be truly unique and able to stand alone as a new class would be something that creates and uses mechanical creatures, turrets and the like to help fight for them. Some sort of engineer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadBroChill17 View Post
    you know what I mean. bliz says they dont heal with the light because that would destroy them... so they use the shadow. they just use the same spells for game mechanics
    actually, forsaken can use holy magic. there are almost none that do, but they can. they (and death knights) can also be healed by it. but both using it themselves or beeing healed by it are extremely painful for them, even if not actually damaging.

OT: no idea how "if demon hunters are a possibility, so are battle mages" makes any logical sense whatsoever (not to mention that we don't even know if demon hunters really are a possibility. there are many arguments against it) but i personally would like some kind of heavy caster - whether that's a battle mage or timewarden/dragonsworn.

Deleted
    Why all of ya talking about another class. There's no way they release two new classes two expansions in a row. They are not finished tuning monks yet

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see a Battlemage! It could be a Melee/Medium-range spellcaster type deal.

They could even copy some goodies from D&D- like the Bladesinger! Which would be sick for a "Battle-Mage" spec!

Last edited by Blufossa; 2013-04-25 at 11:20 AM.

Can we please not have any more melee classes? It's hard enough finding ranged people for raids as it is...
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    Can we please not have any more melee classes? It's hard enough finding ranged people for raids as it is...
    Why can't they have a Melee spec, a Tanking spec, and a Caster spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Potassiumgluconate View Post
    We have shaman, death knights, and paladins.

How about no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    theres already a thread open suggesting battlemages, also battlemages are to generic and have hardly any lore.

spellbreakers as either a new class or a demon hunter spec would be much better, they are basically battle mages only a million times cooler and better lore

How about thats your own opinion? How about yes to battle mages? I like them more than Demon Hunter. Demon Hunter is like a combo between a melee class and a warlock and thats all. It might have lore tied to it but mechanicswise it is already here while battlemages have plenty of ways to go.