Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quit it with the arguing and trying to bait each other. It's possible to discuss something without resorting to that. Stay on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    Quit it with the arguing and trying to bait each other. It's possible to discuss something without resorting to that. Stay on topic.
    Oops sorry if I was, I didn't think I was but I apologise if it came across like that;o

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    I'd love to see this. Subscription levels would drop to only those without RL and personal hygiene, and no mainstream gaming company would be dumb enough to ever try something similar again.
    QFT, OP if you really really want to be a gym class hero of the internets go for it. In a few years when your all grown up and have more perspective, you'll realize that blizz made changes away from where you are asking it to go for a very important reason money = more content. Enforcing these you'd lose so many suscribers you'd never recover. The one idea I do like is player housing, but it doesn't fit in WoW, and they have far to much back logged content improvements to spend more dev time on a feature that very few would use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Oops sorry if I was, I didn't think I was but I apologise if it came across like that;o
    It's just a general warning to the thread as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    It's just a general warning to the thread as a whole.
    Ahh oki, got a fright as your post was right after mines Felt like I was back at school haha.

I just don't get it, why do you want things to be harder/more tedious for other people?

There is something decent in the game for close to every type of player now (PvE wise, since it seems that's the road we're travelling this time).
    Heroic mode raiding is more complex and challenging than almost any other point in this game, if you want to push yourself to the limit of your abilities this is where you can do that. You also get special titles, mounts, achievements that shows off how amazing you are. You even get to do unique content (Ra-den, Sinestra, Algalon) that the normal mode scrubs don't get.
    You have challenge modes to swag yourself out and look different from all the other lowly players that aren't good enough to do them.

Normal modes are challenging enough for people that just want to try their luck at "real" raiding without putting their utmost effort into it. Oh and you can get some of those watered down achievements and stuff that heroic raiders get but LFR heroes don't get, whoopdifuckingdoo you get to be special. Not to mention your gear won't be tainted with the dreaded 502 ilvl and LFR tag, horrible stuff that.

Then you have LFR for people that just want to see the content and do some raiding (you might think it's not real raiding, but again who gives a shit) without the time commitment of normal/heroic raiding while getting some easy purple pixels to feel good about.

I honestly don't understand why you would take away something that people like having in the game, why is this?
    If you want harder content for yourself and you're not currently sitting on 13/13, it's already in the game so why are you complaining. If all you want is challenging content, it's already there.. If you're at 13/13 and you still want "harder" content, you're shit out of luck because I don't think there's any way to actually make harder bosses without it just being straight up gear checks and that's not 'hard' and does not require 'effort', just 'time'.

Why people are hellbent on straight up deleting/removing content from the game that people enjoy for no other reason than they don't like how easily other people get purple pixels is beyond me. Why do you care if people get stuff for little effort when you can get better stuff for more effort. How fucking selfish can you be, seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeahbaby View Post
    I just don't get it, why do you want things to be harder/more tedious for other people?

There is something decent in the game for close to every type of player now (PvE wise, since it seems that's the road we're travelling this time).
    Heroic mode raiding is more complex and challenging than almost any other point in this game, if you want to push yourself to the limit of your abilities this is where you can do that. You also get special titles, mounts, achievements that shows off how amazing you are. You even get to do unique content (Ra-den, Sinestra, Algalon) that the normal mode scrubs don't get.
    You have challenge modes to swag yourself out and look different from all the other lowly players that aren't good enough to do them.
    Heroic dungeons are a challenge because of having 25 people. There's disconnects, plus for raiding guilds they encounter all kinds of ridiculous bugs that should have been addressed on the PTR, there's the boss glitching and all kinds of other fun stuff. That's what causes so many wipes in Heroic modes, it's not even the boss mechanics, it's usually an internet issue or some stupid bug/glitch that needs to be fixed.

Then you have LFR for people that just want to see the content and do some raiding (you might think it's not real raiding, but again who gives a shit) without the time commitment of normal/heroic raiding while getting some easy purple pixels to feel good about.
    No, see, Blizzard had the intention of making LFR for people who just wanted to see the content but didn't have time to raid, but that's not what it's used for at all. People use it as a means of getting gear and AFKing in the process to do so. Hell, this week General chat was having a discussion on my server about different YouTube videos to watch while they AFK their LFR and what they've won while doing so.

I'm just saying, people should be forced to either participate or they don't receive loot. If they want to AFK, ignore boss mechanics and make the encounter take longer, than they can be punished via debuffs and no loot. It seems when you bring up the idea of actually making people put any effort at all into something, there's such an outroar.

I honestly don't understand why you would take away something that people like having in the game, why is this?
    If you want harder content for yourself and you're not currently sitting on 13/13, it's already in the game so why are you complaining. If all you want is challenging content, it's already there.. If you're at 13/13 and you still want "harder" content, you're shit out of luck because I don't think there's any way to actually make harder bosses without it just being straight up gear checks and that's not 'hard' and does not require 'effort', just 'time'.

Why people are hellbent on straight up deleting/removing content from the game that people enjoy for no other reason than they don't like how easily other people get purple pixels is beyond me. Why do you care if people get stuff for little effort when you can get better stuff for more effort. How fucking selfish can you be, seriously.
    I'm not sure if you're trolling or not with this one...

I miss the community that the game it used to have and do you know how the community was born? Not through people being entitled to free gear for doing absolutely nothing.

Look at Isle of Thunder for example. Once people figured out it was server progression based and not individualized, they stopped doing dailies and let everyone else take care of it (even though on my server it was 11% towards the end.)

That's just absolutely ridiculous, you're telling me to get access to a loot pinata boss, people can't put forth the effort to do ONE DAILY?! Blizzard has allowed this laziness to continue on for far too long and it needs to change. They keep trying to cater more and more to (not casuals) but lazy people who just want their entitlement to show more than their work.

Deleted
    terrible ideas man..exploring every zone ? killing dungeon bosses? RAIDS? I PvP how do i need to do this?

This would be the death of alts.

I think it's fine like it is now.

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 02:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    I'm not sure if you're trolling or not with this one...

I miss the community that the game it used to have and do you know how the community was born? Not through people being entitled to free gear for doing absolutely nothing.

Look at Isle of Thunder for example. Once people figured out it was server progression based and not individualized, they stopped doing dailies and let everyone else take care of it (even though on my server it was 11% towards the end.)

That's just absolutely ridiculous, you're telling me to get access to a loot pinata boss, people can't put forth the effort to do ONE DAILY?! Blizzard has allowed this laziness to continue on for far too long and it needs to change. They keep trying to cater more and more to (not casuals) but lazy people who just want their entitlement to show more than their work.
    No they don't. (Heroic) raiding actually got harder over the years.

Deleted
    So, everything becomes a repetetive arbitrary grind to get past gating mechanics, forcing you to do heroic dungeons ad nauseum even when you're fully decked in their gear - and whenever someone rerolls or a new friend jumps in, you'd have to stop your progress to grind them through all those dungeons all those times again (to get exalted rep), even if you are capable of carrying them through farm content. On top of this, normal modes would become obsolete as people could just queue up for the same difficulty and have a loot rain just by doing the fights right?

The only thing you bring up that I can even remotely relate to would be challenging heroics, since those were a blast in cataclysm. But to be honest, with challenge modes for the top edge and heroic scenarios for the rest of us I couldn't really care less (provided they manage to tune those scenarios well now and in the future).
    Last edited by mmoc2e3dee3473; 2013-04-27 at 12:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    *sigh*

With the attitude of the general player base and how it is now days, I can only fear for just how forgiving and laid back the next MMO Titan will be =(

I'm sure glad blizzard doesn't let players design the game. You made me instantly think of this.

Deleted
    Those ideas will cause nothing but problems. Content for random strangers that are automatically put together should not be hard because those players have no control over who joins group.

My ideas for same problems:

Truly heroic heroics:

Keep some max level dungeons like they are now, facerollable via LFD.

Create different max level dungeons that are truly heroic heroics, do not allow LFD to join it, make them long non-linear dungeons with many bosses (old BRD style) and reward with higher level gear.

LFR:

Do not buff it. Change lockout system instead. Allow players to run 2 modes per week from: LFR, 10 man, 25 man. Only one of those modes can be done on heroic.

That would allow players who aren't really interested in raiding continue running LFR and pugging 10 or 25 man raids. 10 man guilds can do their heroic content and on off days ether do LFR or pug 25 man normal modes. 25 man guilds can do 25 man heroic content and on off days ether LFR or alt/pug 10 man normal modes.

Not being able to do both 10 and 25 man on heroic will make sure hardcore raiders don't feel obligated to run both 10 and 25 man raids each week. While they gather tier tokens instead of running LFR they can run 10/25 normal.

Flying:

I'd get rid of it completely or change mechanic. But don't make it a huge grind.

JP/VP:

No... just no. No more mandatory grinds.

Guild hopping:

Horrible idea. That would make recruitment even harder.
    Why not get rid of guild perks instead? They have caused nothing but problems.

Player housing:

It does not belong to WoW.
    Last edited by mmocbeba583bd0; 2013-04-27 at 06:48 AM.

Your qualm with challenge mode is the same problem people had doing 5 man heroic dungeons in TBC. I mean exactly the same problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Your qualm with challenge mode is the same problem people had doing 5 man heroic dungeons in TBC. I mean exactly the same problem.
    Not exactly. Pool of players to choose from in TBC was way higher because everyone wanted to do heroics, so it was much easier to find players for it than for challenge modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Not exactly. Pool of players to choose from in TBC was way higher because everyone wanted to do heroics, so it was much easier to find players for it than for challenge modes.
    Not exactly. It was much easier to just pvp to fill out your epics because your class didn't have the CC the group wanted. Or they wanted you to be decked out in epics already. Players take the path of least resistance, and that was no different in BC. The desire to do heroics in BC dropped off so much that they started to tie additional rewards to them such as a daily reward and badges.
    Last edited by Ragashii; 2013-04-27 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Truly Heroic Heroics
    I would re-introduce the Burning Crusade difficulty. There wouldn't be cloth characters tanking dungeons again and CC would be back on the action bars.

Flying Would Be Worth It
    - The final quest will send you to various raids to collect body parts/things from bosses that will need to be inscripted into a quest item (Tome of Higher Flying).
    - Once all the pieces are collected and the quest is complete, THEN you would use flying.

Looking For Raid
    - The difficulty for LFR would be gone, it would share the same difficulty with Normal.
    - Players who AFK and consistently get hit by Area effects or ignore boss mechanics would be punished with stacking debuffs and a lesser chance of obtaining loot.
    - On the other hand, players who are consistently avoiding Area effects and doing boss mechanics correctly would be rewarded with a higher chance of loot.
    - In order to use the Looking For Raid queue, your character must be exalted with all of the heroic dungeon factions in the expansion.

The Removal Of Justice/Valor Points
    While I like the idea behind this, I think it could use a little re-vamp.

- First, in order to even collect any "points", you would be required to have obtained exalted with all of the heroic dungeon factions which would lead to the opening of a chain quest.
    - This chain quest will send you all over the world on a massive collecting quest. You will be given a cube that sits in your inventory and you must siphon the souls/essences of monsters and bosses from heroic dungeons.
    - The next and final part of the chain will require you to queue up for a solo scenario where all of the souls you have collected from bosses will be released one by one and you must defeat them all. They'll be made easier so that you can defeat them 1v1. Once complete, your cube will be permanently bound to your character and you may now siphon the souls from bosses. It won't require any action on your part once your cube is bound to you, you will automatically get the boss from a soul once you kill it.
    - You may then craft gear that would have been considered Justice/Valor points with various crafting materials and materials from raid bosses such as hearts, eyes, etc.

Guild Hopping
    Guild hopping in MoP is a huge problem because of just how easy it is to gain reputation. I know more structured 25 mans and heroic guilds don't have this problem, but with this being so easy, a lot of players don't have any intentions of helping their guild out and usually just join for free perks.

Player Housing
    While this feature has been demanded far more than once, I would do it a bit differently than some have suggested.

- It would be instanced and available from Orgrimmar/Stormwind (or wherever the capitols are in future expansions).
    - In it would be similar to an Inn room with a bed but leading from the bed would be a "Trophy Room".
    - In here would be where all of your current outstanding achievements are placed.
    1) You will have a wall of various pieces of armor/parts from final bosses that you have defeated. This will only be view-able for bosses that you defeated while the tier was current and not a tier behind.
    2) You will also have a wall that shows all of your gear sets such as Tier sets that you have collected. They will also act as storage for your tier sets where you can easily xmog your gear or equip the gear with the click of a button.
    - You can invite friends from your friends list or guildies to your house to show off your trophies/collections.
    - You can purchase upgrades for your house as well as a gold sink such as an upgraded bed, accessories, etc. Some of them will provide benefits such as 20% extra rested while sleeping in your bed (at level cap, you'll gain 20% extra reputation and gain rested for reputation gains when you sleep in your upgraded housing bed.)
    - You'll additionally have the option to allow 3 of your non combat pets to live in your house which will be visible when you visit.
    - However, you're not just going to be given player housing. You see, with a war at hand, resources are short and you'll have to earn your right to own a home so conveniently close to your home city. Your faction leader will send you on a long chain list which includes resource gathering, killing raid bosses and so forth. Then you must pay taxes to keep your home afloat or it will disappear (I'm guessing the Dwarves/Goblins will repo it).

That's just a few of the things I would implement/change in the next expansion and the game in general.
    Allow me to respond from the former worldfirst chasing elitist POV, that has now turned semi-core over the years...My first response has to be: Are you fucking insane? With that being said, allow me to breakdown, point by point why this is the stupidest idea ever to be posted on these forums.

1)Difficult heroics were tried in Cata...it went over like porkchops at a Bar Mitzvah. It is Blizzs own fault, in Wrath the heroics were so faceroll, every new player in the game never really learned what CC was, or how/when to use it on pulls. But generally speaking, the majority of the playerbase wants easy, quickly done heroics these days, and while I occasionally lament the lack of old school large instances, I tend to agree with them.
    2)So....raiding is now a prerequisite for flying mounts? How does this possibly sound like a good idea to you? Your ability to gain a flying mount is now tied to the average IQ of a LFR player..yeah...enjoy not flying until 3 patches later
    3)LFR...while I have very mixed feelings on LFR, you need to get over it...Its here to stay..if anything, the mechanics should be MORE forgiving and reward lower ilvl items (using the previous tiers ilvl for example) And exalted with ALL heroic factions? yeah....that idea is so stupid I dont even know where to begin..perhaps you huffed paint before posting this...although I do like the punishment/reward system for doing mechanics properly...
    4)So...again...you have to raid in order to get any points? AFTER you finished the idiotically long quest chain? AFTER you ground yourself into the ground getting exalted with every faction for no particular reason...You dont seem to have a good grasp on WHY those were placed in the game in the first place....
    5)...because guild hopping is totally new to MoP and never occurred before this right? Put all the /facepalm restrictions on it you want, it'll still happen
    6)The only suggestion made that actually merits serious debate or consideration.
    Summary:
    You sound like a butt-hurt former fringe raider...that 1 warm body the guild always needed to round out the roster...not really contributing too much, but leeching gear and consumables who is now bitter that other people can get the shiny epix. Want a challenge? Show me your heroic Lei-Shen chieve..or your Heroic Sha chieve. Your ideas are terrible, your preposition for this whole thread is spotty at best, and you lack the knowledge of how to read and determine what a community needs and wants, and how to balance the two.
    Last edited by Ehrenpanzer; 2013-04-27 at 07:17 AM.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Truly heroic heroics:
    They are there challenge modes just add better loot or something.

LFR:
    Fine as it is, Leishen anyone?

Flying:
    Remove.

JP/VP:
    Just make all the pre raid gear craftable or something.

Guild hopping:
    Reintroduce the slow rep gain again or remove perks completely.

Player housing:
    Really not needed. Better add dance studio or path of the titans.

10+ Year Old Account
    These ideas made me pretty sad, why would you want a second job?