Thread: LFR Queues

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

LFR Queues

Ok, normally I'm not one to complain about queue times and stuff like that, but what just happened to me pissed me off so god damn much... I just spent 50 minutes in a queue for Heart of Fear. Whatever, it happens, I got my dailies done while I waited. But, when my queue popped up I accept, and I can't get into the raid instance because an encounter is in progress. Ok, fine, they're probably clearing trash, I can wait a couple minutes. Come to find out, they're in the middle of fighting Garalon, the last boss in that part of Heart of Fear. So, I wait 50 minutes in queue to get into a raid that's in the middle of killing the last boss. A 50 minute wait for absolutely nothing.

There really should be some way to stop that from happening. I would have been fine going into it even with just Garalon left to kill, it's a quick 80 valor and chance at a piece of gear, but I couldn't even get that. They should make it so that you can't pull without a full group, or a ready check, or something along those lines to stop situations like this from occurring.

10+ Year Old Account
    That sounds like the sort of thing that Blizzard would probably like to know about. So post it over there as well.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Yeah, that's happend to me too, its a real pain.

They either need to let you zone into the fight in progress, or to prevent a raid from starting a fight if they're about to get new raid members.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Deleted
    well today i just wasted 5 hours queueing for pinnacle and was put on last boss 7 fucking times in a row...... 30-40 min wait times too, i need the other 2 bosses 1st as i like to down then in order if i get the chance, the system need fixing as i cant do this every week.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bertieballs View Post
    well today i just wasted 5 hours queueing for pinnacle and was put on last boss 7 fucking times in a row...... 30-40 min wait times too, i need the other 2 bosses 1st as i like to down then in order if i get the chance, the system need fixing as i cant do this every week.
    What you seem to be missing is that IF you could queue the way you want to (specifying only a fresh run or being able to specify which boss you start on), your queue times would be even greater. The whole reason it's first come first served is so you can get in on the action as quickly as possible.

Being able to selectively queue would limit the number of possible candidates for your run, thus greatly extending the queue times.

Also to note, the earlier in the week you raid (Tues - Thurs), the shorter your queue times should be. Sun and Mon are going to have the longest queue times because everyone else has already done their runs for the week.

Dreammage

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    Yeah, that's happend to me too, its a real pain.

They either need to let you zone into the fight in progress, or to prevent a raid from starting a fight if they're about to get new raid members.
    There was a point in Raid Finder where you could zone into a boss fight in progress. For whatever reason they changed that.

I feel like people in the OP's situation should at the very least get credit for completing the instance and even if no boss gear (because they didn't fight the boss), at least get a bonus roll.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 05:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dreammage View Post
    Also to note, the earlier in the week you raid (Tues - Thurs), the shorter your queue times should be. Sun and Mon are going to have the longest queue times because everyone else has already done their runs for the week.
    Queue times have nothing to do with how many people have done their runs. Times are determined by the distribution of roles that are queued.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    *In Cata LFR* if they pulled the boss without you (last of the section) you'd get the completion valor if you stayed, no loot but you wouldn't get locked either. I havent had this happen in Mists yet.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

If you are being put on the last boss more than once then that means there are LOTS of people (in your role) abandoning the last boss and the system simply can't function unless it continues to put more people there to replace them.

The problem you are having is something other people are causing. It's not something Blizzard has any ability to fix. Go have a conversation with a few hundred thousand other players and let them know you would like them to stick with it for a couple of wipes so that you can get to the first boss some day.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    There was a point in Raid Finder where you could zone into a boss fight in progress. For whatever reason they changed that.

I feel like people in the OP's situation should at the very least get credit for completing the instance and even if no boss gear (because they didn't fight the boss), at least get a bonus roll.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 05:01 PM ----------

Queue times have nothing to do with how many people have done their runs. Times are determined by the distribution of roles that are queued.
    Less roles queued = longer wait time no matter what verbiage you want to use. It's the same reason you have to wait an hour on a Sunday night to run the first wing of ToT, vs. 20-30 mins on a Tuesday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreammage View Post
    Less roles queued = longer wait time no matter what verbiage you want to use. It's the same reason you have to wait an hour on a Sunday night to run the first wing of ToT, vs. 20-30 mins on a Tuesday night.
    No, you really don't understand. The proportions are what matter. There could be 10,000,000 people queued or 100 people queued, but if none of them are heals, the wait will always be "forever."

When there are 17,000,000 DPS queued and 6,000,000 heals queued and 2,000,000 tanks queued, the wait is the same as when there are 17 DPS queued and 6 heals queued and 2 tanks queued: ZERO. In the first case, 1 million groups are created. In the second case, 1 group. Either way, it's instant.

When there are too few of a particular role queued, the delay that results is SOLELY dependent on the percentages of roles demanded vs roles queued. The actual number doesn't matter at all unless the number of players queued has dropped into tiny numbers like dozens.

Deleted
    Did you bother killing the last boss ?
    I doubt it...

Hint...kill last boss, queue again, get fresh 99% of the time.

Deleted
    Happened to me too, I can't believe blizzard overlooked that, it really sucks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by parkerlynne View Post
    *In Cata LFR* if they pulled the boss without you (last of the section) you'd get the completion valor if you stayed, no loot but you wouldn't get locked either. I havent had this happen in Mists yet.
    I've been locked out of fights in MoP LFR, when the raid has pulled before I have managed to join up with them in the room. It's been infuriating, but I have had the ability to loot the boss they killed.

What the OP says about not being able to zone in, is not acceptable and I agree should be reported to Blizzard.

No, you really don't understand. The proportions are what matter. There could be 10,000,000 people queued or 100 people queued, but if none of them are heals, the wait will always be "forever."

When there are 17,000,000 DPS queued and 6,000,000 heals queued and 2,000,000 tanks queued, the wait is the same as when there are 17 DPS queued and 6 heals queued and 2 tanks queued: ZERO. In the first case, 1 million groups are created. In the second case, 1 group. Either way, it's instant.

When there are too few of a particular role queued, the delay that results is SOLELY dependent on the percentages of roles demanded vs roles queued. The actual number doesn't matter at all unless the number of players queued has dropped into tiny numbers like dozens.
    i see the angle you are coming from, but when most of the healers and tanks on your battlegroup have already done their run for the week (within a couple of days after the reset), you're gonna get longer queue times, which generally happens towards the end of the raid week, as theres an assload more people that queue up as dps than there are that queue up as tanks or healers.
    <insert witty signature here>

Deleted
    I don't believe it is that simple. I suspect that they have some queue rules they have not revealed.

Before the individual loot solution they probably tried to make groups so that there were takers for every cloth/leather/mail/plate DPS drop. Now they might try to get about the same amount of melee and ranged DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    but when most of the healers and tanks on your battlegroup have already done their run for the week
    As far as I know all dungeons/LFRs/normal BG are region wide and only rated bg and arenas are based on your own battle group.

The only thing which annoys me is that if you get your queue, accept it and get the "encounter in process" error when zoning in and that is the fact needs some work. As not all people have super fast loading screens ^^
    And when that happens your choices are: a) leave group, wait out deserter and queue again; b) AFK and wait for people to kill the boss and get saved to the instance so you could queue again and get a fresh queue; c) pray that they wipe and you can get back in.
    None of those are good choices.

EDIT: So as someone suggested above, being not able to pull until all people are in the instance (at least (raid frames show them as not DCd)) would be a great addition. It doesn't sort out the long queues, but it will make sure that your wait was not in vain.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-04-24 at 11:52 AM.

According to Blizzard having 4 LFR's and this 0 punishment system is better than.

Be in queue for 30m-1h, join for last boss, queue again for 30m-1h, join for last boss again, leave and get 30m waiting time, join again for 30m-1h, last boss again-->Wonder why subs go down and 70% of the servers are on low.

Now if they actually didnt add this terrible extra role system, doubled the drop chances and punished afkers/leavers everything would be better, but then you would be too elitist to mention any sort of punishment against those people.

They need to remove this extra roll bullshit so people will stop trying to farm 1 boss and then leave, and punish those that leave with a +time in queue as punishment the next week.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    People who have killed the last boss already get preference for fresh instances. So tbh you have only yourself to blame for having to queue 7 times and waste 5 hours...IF you want a fresh queue, help the group to clear the last boss. When you queue again you'll get a fresh instance.

Once you have killed the first 2 bosses, you can choose to either drop group, or finish the instance for a bit of gold and bonus VP. Also, if you stay for the last boss, you are being part of the solution rather than part of the problem (the problem being people leaving the instance before completing it).

While it would be nice to always get fresh instances every time, this simply is not practical, nor is it a reasonable expectation. The only way the system could be fixed to ensure this would be to not allow new people to join an existing LFR raid in progress, which would result in a far more serious problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Siniwelho View Post
    I don't believe it is that simple. I suspect that they have some queue rules they have not revealed.

Before the individual loot solution they probably tried to make groups so that there were takers for every cloth/leather/mail/plate DPS drop. Now they might try to get about the same amount of melee and ranged DPS.
    You can say that it wont as simple as saying there are bound to be atleast 5 ranged/melee dps in the group. Other than that, what armour they are wearing never comes into play. Even the buffs actually. I just ran an ToES with 7 buffs, not 8. Saying that, the factor of "armour" is not a variable in the queue sorting algorithm.
    MOAR CHOCOLATE

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    According to Blizzard having 4 LFR's and this 0 punishment system is better than.

Be in queue for 30m-1h, join for last boss, queue again for 30m-1h, join for last boss again, leave and get 30m waiting time, join again for 30m-1h, last boss again-->Wonder why subs go down and 70% of the servers are on low.

Now if they actually didnt add this terrible extra role system, doubled the drop chances and punished afkers/leavers everything would be better, but then you would be too elitist to mention any sort of punishment against those people.

They need to remove this extra roll bullshit so people will stop trying to farm 1 boss and then leave, and punish those that leave with a +time in queue as punishment the next week.
    No, no and no.

Punishing your player base is a good way to lose subs. There will always be reasons why people leave an LFR before completion. Maybe they don't have time to finish it - this could be because the queue took an hour, or a lot of wipes, or maybe something just came up. Maybe they are having lag issues. Maybe they aren't feeling well, or are too tired to continue, or maybe they just have no desire to wipe on a boss that doesn't drop any loot they still need. Maybe they got kicked out of the last group because they are bad at the game, or some griefer managed to get the group to kick them.

Either way it doesn't matter. People have legitimate reasons to leave before the last boss.

The solution is to reward players for sticking it out. If you join an existing LFR with 1 or 2 bosses down, your rewards are a fast 90 VP and also a guaranteed fresh run of the instance next time you queue. And if you stick it out in your second run and complete the bosses you have already killed, you get an extra 45 VP (often for just killing 1 extra LFR boss). Maybe a good suggestion is to reward a player with a full 90VP for completing any LFR in which at least 1 boss was needed for looting. So for example: Join LFR, get last boss. Kill last boss get 90VP. Join again, get fresh run. Kill last boss get another 90VP. Join LFR again - get 45 VP for completing it regardless of which boss you start on (but when someone who has completed all LFR bosses in that wing for the week queues they should get put into in-progress LFRs).