Poll: How many more new classes?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Sounds fair and logical, though, wouldn't it be better for there to be 4 groups of classes then? Each token having 3 classes on them. Might make it more fair?
    Well each boss has a limited loot allowance per kill. The more tokens that appear, the more likely fewer people will benefit from those drops.

At least with more people on each token, someone in your group's more likely to have a use for that token when it drops. 4 on each token's a good medium, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they move to a designated PvP and PVE spec for dps roles, they could easily balance around another class each expansion.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now I can see only a few class possibilities:
    -Another rune-based class, possibly Rune-master. Could come along with at Titan-themed expansion.
    -3rd Mail Class. Battlemage maybe?
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

I don't know how many more classes Blizz will make but I think there are certain classes that will never happen in WoW which are necromancer,shadow hunter,witch doctor,bard,blademaster,all glorified version of existing class like Archdruid.

10+ Year Old Account
    instead of making new classes, just make new specs. there's WAY more room for multiple specs rather then a new class. after a while they just tend to become too homogenized. what's the difference between a dps warrior, dk, paladin? all str users but different spell effects pretty much. i know there's variation, but realistically looking from the outside, its all melee hitting a boss with a 2h weapon using strength.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakkimatsu View Post
    instead of making new classes, just make new specs. there's WAY more room for multiple specs rather then a new class. after a while they just tend to become too homogenized. what's the difference between a dps warrior, dk, paladin? all str users but different spell effects pretty much. i know there's variation, but realistically looking from the outside, its all melee hitting a boss with a 2h weapon using strength.
    and you think that specs are less homogenized than classes? fuck me I must be retarded to think otherwise -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Jarl Balgruuf View Post
    Right now I can see only a few class possibilities:
    -Another rune-based class, possibly Rune-master. Could come along with at Titan-themed expansion.
    -3rd Mail Class. Battlemage maybe?
    Mail wearing Battlemage that utilizes a rune system? Yes please. Where do I sign up?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say they can still fill a couple of available niches (Spell Melee, a third pet class, etc.)

So probably one or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Sounds fair and logical, though, wouldn't it be better for there to be 4 groups of classes then? Each token having 3 classes on them. Might make it more fair?
    Actually, that might cause some headaches for 10 man guilds, lets say for example the guild didnt have a Paladin, Warlock or Priest in it, that Conq token was wasted and just used for 50 gold, however if a new class was put on it, and they had that class it would be a good piece of tier.

Alot fewer chances of a guild not having a class with 3 tokens with 4 classes on it than 4 tokens with 3 classes on it.

I think tinkers would be a great class, as goblins and gnomes would be great teacher races for this, but I don't know what other classes could fit.
    Ranger? We have hunter which is the same thing. Demon Hunter? Already has been baked into warlock and death knight classes. Runemaster? Baked into death knight as well.
    I absolutely refuse to even accept bard as a possibility.

---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 02:04 AM ----------

even though I don't think it'll happen and not all classes have room for it, I wouldn't mind fourth specs for classes that could utilize it well.
    Monks, paladins and death knights? Caster spec for all. Make the death knight caster neocramancer spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    NONE!!!

Just look at DKs.. Blizzard isn't finished balancing it, and it was added 4,5 years ago.. Then they added Monk which, mist likely, also will take 5+ years to balance..

Stop adding new classes and spend the resources better..
    In what ways do you see DKs as unbalanced? I'd argue they're finally at a good point since they either have to choose strong reliable burst (frost) or less burst but better defense (UH with conversion). I especially like having to choose between strong utility (Chillblains) and better CC (Asphyxiate) in their talents.
    A further nerf to Blood Presence for non-tanks and I'd say they're about as balanced as they ever will be. As it is that's my only balance gripe with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    R Shammy and H Pally have their own loot tables.
    Only H Pally have their own loottable..
    R Shammy and Ele Shammy share gear...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I believe they can sustain many new classes, it's just they need to do it right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bandcamp16 View Post
    I think tinkers would be a great class, as goblins and gnomes would be great teacher races for this, but I don't know what other classes could fit.
    Ranger? We have hunter which is the same thing. Demon Hunter? Already has been baked into warlock and death knight classes. Runemaster? Baked into death knight as well.
    I absolutely refuse to even accept bard as a possibility.
    This is why I support 4th specs, because all of those class ideas can be new specs.

Except Tinkers of course.

Development time would be much better spent on the current classes and other content, I'm sure that WoW could "sustain" another class or two, but I'd rather see blizzard focus on other stuff.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest