Primordius 25N help

My guild is really struggling with Primordius 25N. We did kill it once, but it was past the beserk timer, and we spent another hour and a half tonight on him and hit the beserk several times. Our strategy is as follows:

DPS kill bloods, but don't step on them until tanks are mutated (is this correct? Should tanks be getting it first?)
    Once tanks are mutated, it's a mad rush to get mutated.
    Tanks kite boss of course.
    When everyone is mutated, we bloodlust.
    About 15 seconds before mutation expires, we all get on bloods again, aoeing them down so new pools are up when they we become unmutated.

Rinse and repeat.

Now, The only thing I have a problem with is that we're dpsing bloods while mutated. It 1, takes DPS off the boss while we can still DPS him, and it 2, creates debuffs because we accidently walk over pools. Those debuffs stick even though the next mutation. Should we change this? I brought it up but got shut down.

Any tips would be great!

Your raids mutated buffs wont all fall off at the same time meaning some will be DPSing adds while others are on boss, granted a couple minutes in hardly anyone will be on adds. With that said, dont leave the boss until your mutated is gone for the exact reason you stated, you get debuffed.

We just let dps get bloods asap for the mutation, tanks are secondary imo, but we also keep 2-3 ranged dpsers (mostly dotters - moonkin, lock, spriest) full time on bloods, to make sure few reach the boss, and dpsers can get insta mutated after the first one runs out.

Just make sure people AVOID the bloods after being fully mutated, not to get a prejudicial debuff (needs to be dispelled), and pop bloodlust when a fair amount of players is already mutated.

My guild have been killing this in 25 man consistantly for weeks with the following tactic:

- Assign 4/5 ranged to dpsing the adds in Spawn point 1, 2 and 3. These ranged DO NOT get mutated and just sit in one spot DPSing the adds. DoT classes are best here. This allows one concentrated area of the "Buff pools" that anyone can run to, plus it reduces the amount of energy the boss gains in an efficient way.

- Have your tanks kite Primordius around one side of the room like I've demonstrated in the picture (opposite to the 4/5 ranged group on adds). Kite SLOWLY! You only need to kite as fast as the purple puddles move.

- Melee follow the boss trying to position themselves on the WEST side of Primorius where adds are just going straight to him (to avoid accidently picking up 5 stacks of the buffs). Ranged and healers spread out anywhere near the boss and in the middle.

- Start the fight with ALL THE DPS killing adds around the room and picking up their mutated form ASAP. DPS on the boss doesnt matter at the start.

- DPS should get mutated first. Main tank can get his when the off-tank taunts and visa versa. Healers last.

- Nuke boss and ignore adds unless of course you're one of the 4/5 people who are just killing adds alone.

- Once 50-75% of the raid is mutated, use bloodlust and burn. When people's mutated starts to drop off, those individuals should just go pick up new mutated (there should be plenty over by that ranged group).

- If ANYONE in the raid picks up 5 stacks of the SAME buff, they will have a MINUS stat buff (the timer on this debuff is 5 minute - easy to spot) and that person will need to call in vent or somehow that they need a DISPEL. Once dispelled, they are still mutated but lose their stat buffs. Its up to them if they want to pick up some stat buffs.

Eventually he will die like this Dont worry about adds reaching him, as long as you have that ranged group killing all the adds in the 3 lanes, then that should be sufficient
    Last edited by 3allz; 2013-04-25 at 06:26 AM.

Thanks, we'll try that tonight if my raid leader will listen to me. Which doesn't really seem possible at this point, but hey, who knows?

10+ Year Old Account
    my group ignores adds and we just nuke the boss. our dps is not great by any means. We hit enrage on fights like Iron Qon and Twins but have ~1 minute left enrage for this fight just standing there pew pewing. Here is our log of the fight this week

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11799&e=12235

Heres our kill video for it aswell using the tactic i posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Bombercloner View Post
    my group ignores adds and we just nuke the boss. our dps is not great by any means. We hit enrage on fights like Iron Qon and Twins but have ~1 minute left enrage for this fight just standing there pew pewing. Here is our log of the fight this week

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11799&e=12235
    I was going to mention this, but wasn't sure how good your DPS is. Our group just dps'ed the boss last week to get the achievement. Was super easy and had about and minute or so left on the enrage as well.

They fixed it. U can't not get mutated anymore and still kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by sam12214 View Post
    That's not true. It's true for Heroic Mode, but not for Normal Mode.

Deleted
    What's the reason for wanting the tanks mutated first?

I think you should stay on the boss until your mutation runs out, like someone mentioned. If people are running over bloods while mutated they will get debuffed, I'm not sure how your dispells are going but it's a damage loss and with you hitting the enrage, this sounds like the main problem.

Unless they've changed anything in the last 24 hours (they haven't), you can still kill primordius without anyone ever killing a single ooze. All you do is have all the ranged and healers spread out around the big circle in the middle of the room. The tooltip *says* 75% reduction but apparently it's only a 35% reduction.
    Last edited by jaymzkerten; 2013-04-28 at 03:53 AM.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Just tank the boss in the middle and burn him, like patchwerk in naxx

Hello and how did you new raid go?

I was hoping to give you some more pointers (and others maybe) if you're still struggling.

- Basically, on normal it should not matter in what order you get anyone mutated. The enrage is really generous, so if you're hitting the enrage there's other things going wrong. Still, there's no reason to get tanks mutated first. Ideally you get all dps to have four stacks of the shit. If you want to do this perfectly, assign people to different parts of the room, say in pairs, and have one of each of the pairs take the 4 debuffs first, that way the next adds will die faster and faster. Then, when everyone has 4 stacks, everyone takes the fifth. This is true for both 10man and 25. Then you pop everything you have, hero, pot, just drop the bomb on the boss.
    - When you have like 30seconds left of your buff, you start killing adds again. Why? because adds will die a lot faster with all those extra stats. It's a waste to let the buffs drop completely before you switch.
    - Have your moonkins and locks multidot away and kill some adds during the nuke phase too. Healers and tanks can pick up left over puddles at this point, but tanks have prio in general.
    - It doesn't matter where you keep the boss. In 25 we kept it in the middle and kited it around vaguely (at least I didn't recognize any coherent pattern ), in 10 we just kited it in a big circle around the room with most people in the middle, which makes a nice ooze train behind the boss. Do what works for you - it's no big deal really. The positioning suggested somewhere above may work very well for you too.

What's probably an issue is:

- You're taking additional buffs which become debuffs. It's really not hard to not step in a puddle when you have 5 stacks, that's a matter of opening your eyes honestly. If you do get an extra, get dispelled and retake 5 buffs. No point standing there with a minus buff, at all, ever.
    - People think purple puddles are a good thing. Purple puddles are never a good thing. You do not ever stand in a purple puddle. I know this may seem funny or obvious to read now but you'd be surprised how much people may not know and keep repeatedly doing wrong. In fact, just our last raid we got a new guy in and he happily took a purple puddle. We didn't even think of mentioning it because to us it's so obvious. That's why I'm mentioning, to make sure.
    - Just for good measure I repeat: People get negative debuffs and are not asking for dispells. Get rid of that ASAP. Preferably you never get a negative debuff, of course, but mistakes do happen. Do not ever accept to have a negative debuff.

If you do all this correctly, there should never be a reason to hit enrage. Good luck!
    Last edited by Cirque; 2013-04-29 at 03:24 AM.

If this was true, how would anyone get the achievement?