Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I realise this is a strong necro but I didn't wanna make a new thread:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Onak/advanced
    Look at dat chit
    DK with Corrupted Ashbringer xmogged. I can't see any way how he would've got it apart from BMAH. Maybe Blizz did a item restore or swap (if such thing is possible).
    But there it is clear as crystal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazul View Post
    For those who arent tired of all those Troll infested themes, before ToT I was sickened by troll instances and now Im even more sick of it (visually)..

meh, didnt see this was an old post, stupid google search
    To be fair, only the first 3 bosses are trolled themed xD

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Crusader Absalom View Post
    Look at dat chit
    DK with Corrupted Ashbringer xmogged. I can't see any way how he would've got it apart from BMAH. Maybe Blizz did a item restore or swap (if such thing is possible).
    That is incredibly suspicious.

Maybe he abused the transmog bug that was around awhile ago.

Look at dat chit
    There was a bug regarding Transmog items.

As far as i know you could transmog Ashbringer on any 2h Sword, then trade it someone and then he could use this sword as source for Ashbringer transmogs.

That's not the full version, but thats how it basically worked, at least how i heard it.

Deleted
    He just got someone to transmog it and trade it to him within 2 hours, dno if it's still possible but that's what some people have done to get the look.

Saw this in a BG the other day, felt like all my WoW achievements and successes were but shadows and dust compared to this person:

Can you imagine, having The Ashbringer transmogrifiable for any 2H weapon you ever get? *drool*

It does have its prestige, for sure. But as far as looks go ... it's pretty meh.
    Would much rather xmog to Sulfuras from Firelands Raggy fah shure.

For people who don't understand what we see in the Ashbringer, I think here are the main points:

- It's a heavy lore item, like Atiesh or Illidan's glaives, and it happens to look good enough. To add to that, its hilt is in the shape of the Lordaeron crest, another lore reference.

- It has a functional appearance, aside from the floating skull. It looks like something you can parry another weapon with, while also having a great slicing ability. It's a weapon that says "I'm here to make things dead".

- It has a Warcraft look about it, like the Royal Crest of Lordaeron or Lightbringer shoulders or even the Imperial plate armor set. It looks simple and elegant, as most Warcraft artwork used to be like until BC started focusing on new and otherworldly stuff.

This is all of course subjective and thus implying that not everyone will agree on these points, but all of them combined is why I personally like this weapon a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    No. I don't have Ashbringer but I do not want it to be obtainable through BMAH. Ashbringer made no sense to be an obtainable item in the first place, leave it removed.
    Darian Mograine was in possession of it during Naxx 60.

We killed him and it was a potential drop.

How can you say that "made no sense to be an obtainable item"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    - It has a functional appearance, aside from the floating skull. It looks like something you can parry another weapon with, while also having a great slicing ability. It's a weapon that says "I'm here to make things dead".
    Not to turn this into some technical weapon debate (because those are always stupid over the internet), but you could/can parry with just about anything (including your own bare arm), so there's nothing special about Ashbringer in that regard.

In fact, if anything, it would probably be harder to parry with due to the size, weight and totally impractical shape of the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitefyr View Post
    Absolutely no reason to bid 999,999 when the highest you have to guarantee getting the item is 952,380g95s24c. No one can bid over that because they can't bid the required 5%.
    Because another 47,000g is the end of the world for people bidding on a lvl 60 weapon for almost a million gold right?
    "If you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly." - W.W.

If it did, i would bid all 800k of my gold on it. I can earn the gold again easily.

Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    No. I don't have Ashbringer but I do not want it to be obtainable through BMAH. Ashbringer made no sense to be an obtainable item in the first place, leave it removed.
    I am pretty sure I have ashbringer every time i pop my wings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Or sell the class quest starting item on BMAH? *dons flame proof cloak*
    I am a strong supporter of class quests.

And your flame proof cloak no longer works.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I already hate seeing known botters sitting in shrine on their invincible or mim's head because they 999,999 bid when it first appeared, so NO ashbringer please. BMAH has already ruined enough items.

It does have its prestige, for sure. But as far as looks go ... it's pretty meh.
    Would much rather xmog to Sulfuras from Firelands Raggy fah shure.
    And anyone that knows anything about actually using a sword would also realize that the second you hit someone and struck at the sweet spot on the sword, which is incidentally the weak part of that blade, it would break.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    I already hate seeing known botters sitting in shrine on their invincible or mim's head because they 999,999 bid when it first appeared, so NO ashbringer please. BMAH has already ruined enough items.
    A few people use it illicitly so no one should be able to use it at all?

I don't agree that every obtainable item ever should be on the bmah, but cmon. This isn't a good reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like a lot of the practical weapon looking debate falls off a cliff when we start talking about a fantasy MMO. I mean, let's be honest, we have a lightning infused dual-pronged tuning fork of gigantic proportions larger than a lot of 2h swords. Never mind that the weapon magically shrank in size after being in control of a giant elemental monster that controlled the wind.

Look at dat chit
    That guy is suspect as fuck