Deleted

How many PTR rogue nerfs are enough?

The latest nerf on PTR is this gem:

Cloak and Dagger now allows you to use Ambush, Garrote, and Cheap Shot from 20 yards away, down from 30.

Add these previous nerfs and overall things are starting to look a bit.....grim.

Shuriken Toss = Gutted to uselessness.
    Glyph of Cheapshot = Worthless
    Glyph of Garrot nerfed but still worth the slot.

The shado-pan trinket nerf, while not specifically directed at rogues easily hurt subtlety rogues the most.

What's next on the chopping block? Subterfuge? Will that be enough or do we need to nerf Shadowdance too?

15+ Year Old Account
    Holinka said they're not looking at Subterfuge. Let's hope that will be it, though I'm still pretty nervous.
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

burst needs to go down.
    tho while we are at it i cant help but wonder why they decided to skip mages and just go after rogues and hunters !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    burst needs to go down.
    tho while we are at it i cant help but wonder why they decided to skip mages and just go after rogues and hunters !
    Check! So maybe a nerf to Ambush and eviscerate damage? What else do you feel they can do to make rogues more impotent?

10+ Year Old Account
    Shuriken Toss also really needed a nerf though...
    Kiting a rogue not to get bursted down? lol nvm 10k crits/0.5sec

Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    Shuriken Toss also really needed a nerf though...
    Kiting a rogue not to get bursted down? lol nvm 10k crits/0.5sec
    They can nerf Shuriken Toss all they want, it's gimmicky trash for most situations. What I'm not looking forward to is an increase in duration of shadow dance with no buff to survivability/sustained damage.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

theres never enough rogue nerfs they could just add a dot percentage to ambush or something and tone its burst damage down a lil bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    theres never enough rogue nerfs they could just add a dot percentage to ambush or something and tone its burst damage down a lil bit.
    So if we can't have burst or sustained damage. What are we supposed to do? They are already nerfing all aspects of our control so burst is needed. Of course if Blizzard let you guys decide we would all be running around with skinning knives and have a 5 minute clos and vanish cd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    So if we can't have burst or sustained damage. What are we supposed to do? They are already nerfing all aspects of our control so burst is needed. Of course if Blizzard let you guys decide we would all be running around with skinning knives and have a 5 minute clos and vanish cd.
    You should stop whining really. Your control will still be superior to most other classes even after the nerfs. And burst for all people is a bit too much atm, but of course Blizzard didn´t learn from Cata and kept Smoke Bomb in the game so rogues and their partners can happily tunnel damage into a target which can´t get healed.

I just think Subterfuge is broken. When I get you out of stealth, I own you. When I don't you own me. Either way you will still get an opener.

Subterfuge should unstealth the Rogue when he uses a second ability (So Garrote into Ambush or CS into Ambush or whatever), it's quite silly that you can't peel a Rogues initial damage output. By all means keep the 3s, so if you go CS/Garrote and run or whatever, but you shouldn't be able to put out as much pressure while being Stealthed as you currently do. Either that or remove the additional damage from Stealth for Sub if you spec into Subterfuge, whichever ends up being the most balanced in respect to other changes.

Only thing I think rogues need nerfed is Shuriken Toss and Subterfuge. Maybe Cloak and Dagger so he can't 5 second stun my entire team with a 1 minute cooldown. The OP part of shuriken toss is not so much the damage but the insane amount of combo points they can build for the energy cost. They can get a full SnD, recup, 5 CP for a kidney or redirect kidney or rupture ALL at a safe distance.