Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I had 2400 in 2v2 during season 2. Number one on server with over 200 matches played.

Then again i played warrior + resto druid. No wonder they removed ranks from 2v2. I wasn't even good but my resto druid could just keep stacking hots and runniing around the pillar while i raped face with mortal strike. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I'm new to arena...what's the point of rating? from what i understand it tries to match you based on rating..why would i want a higher rating when i can get free conquest at the lower levels? 0o
    Titles, harder competition, better games, higher on ladder. You also get a higher conquest cap from being higher rated.

Thats how I see it:

<1500: Keyboard turner/clicker
    1500-1700: just doesnt play enough
    1700-1800: avarage
    1800-2000: above avarage
    2000-2200: good player
    2200-2300: Relaly good players
    2300-2400: Really good players
    2400+ : amazing elitist douchebags ( just kidding. some are nice )
    Above 4k = Win traders.
    Last edited by Honnycorns; 2013-04-26 at 06:52 PM.
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/97457-scissors is not a sword... or at least thats what my mom told me when I was 6.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i dont think a rating entails skill, people get carried. ive seen 1800 players that back peddle.

2k exp player feedback.

---------- Post added 2013-04-26 at 06:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Rating is normally harder to achieve on low-pop battlegroups because the rating isn't as inflated.

Compare these BGs for example: Misery-EU ~ Vengeance-EU.

Which one of those would it be easier to get 2.2k on? On Misery, 2.2k is hardly even Rival. If you get 2.2k on Vengeance you're looking at a glad spot.
    couple seasons ago 2k got me Rival on bg9 retaliation. it made me sad. it made my friends laugh.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    the highest rating i hit was during s1 and s2. i played a full specc'd demo warlock and played 2's with a disc priest and in 3s i played with the same priest and a hunter. in season 1 i believe we hit 2050 and in s3 we managed to crack the 2100 area. i never considered us to be great but we were all very knowledgable about our classes.

sometimes toward the end of bc most of us left and stopped playing, i, with a majority of our guild, returned towards the end of wrath and we played up until mid way thru cata. i unfortunately never got to play with the hunter or priest again as they never returned to the game. i do wonder if/what rating we could have gotten in some of the later expansions as i feel like i have personally improved quite a bit as a pvper. back during the seasons we were over 2k i used key kinds quite sparingly and was still using a 2 button mouse.

ive since learned that keybinds are amazing and finally got a nice decent gaming mouse. maybe im just being hopelessly optimistic but i feel if i knew then what i do now and had a good gaming mouse we would have gotten a lot higher than 2100.

Deleted
    I'm going for 2000, that's high enough for me, though I don't know if I can get that in 2s, as 1800 is already where you meet R1 players these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mican17 View Post
    A higher rating in arena = higher skill in arena and pvp in general. To think otherwise is delusional.

I chuckled.
    well then tell me why i can kill my 2k+ friend. (equal geared) yet didn't bother to step into arena?

A higher rating in arena = higher skill in arena and pvp in general. To think otherwise is delusional.

I chuckled.
    I think you're delusional. Having a high arena rating is like scoring high on an IQ test, it only shows that your good at arena/IQ tests. There are many great players out there who don't do arena but random BGs + duelling who can easily take on arena players, who rely on synergy with their partner(s) to play well.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    It's hard to say, I only pvp'd once in my life during season 6 as a full pve geared mage, did so for 2 weeks or so with a buddy of mine (rogue) to get to 2050 so he'd get his shoulders. I've never done serious pvp before that and I probably won't do so again, therefore I don't consider myself a good pvp player to begin with, let alone getting from 1 lvl to another.

Honestly your on anothe level when you know how to counter every class you can counter, when you don't use your trinket to get out of sap.... Still laugh inside on those...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    well then tell me why i can kill my 2k+ friend. (equal geared) yet didn't bother to step into arena?
    Because duels are not arena, they are much more straightforward. I spent a lot of time dueling at one point and could easily beat people much higher rated than me, but couldn't get any sort of rating in arena.

1500: You know the basics of your class.
    1800: You're starting to use your abilities in the correct ways.
    2000: You know how to play your class well enough.
    2200: You found 2 partners at your skill level.
    2400: You know your class extensively and can achieve glad if you tried hard enough.
    2700: You are an expert at your class now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    Because duels are not arena, they are much more straightforward. I spent a lot of time dueling at one point and could easily beat people much higher rated than me, but couldn't get any sort of rating in arena.
    This.

Duels to Arena are like Arena to RBG.

Unless you're dueling in somewhere with a reliable LoS, then there isn't really much comparison to arena. I'm the first to admit that I am awful at open world dueling, but given a pillar I will happily beat most classes on whatever I'm playing (unless it's an obvious counter).

To be considered a "good" PvPer you should be active in all brackets of PvP. BGs, RBGs, 2v2,3v3,5v5, and dueling. Yes even though Blizzard has come out and said they don't balance 2v2 or duels, the fact of the matter is the entire game hasn't been balanced for fucking years.

You could definitely compare someone who plays at 1800 and 2200 and say with confidence that the 1800 player is shit and the 2200 understands the basics. But even at high rating depends on what class/spec/comp/battlegroup you're playing. If you play cleave teams, you're trash. If you're current season FotM, you're trash. If you play plate DPS, you're trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    I think you're delusional. Having a high arena rating is like scoring high on an IQ test, it only shows that your good at arena/IQ tests. There are many great players out there who don't do arena but random BGs + duelling who can easily take on arena players, who rely on synergy with their partner(s) to play well.
    Such as yourself, right? I giggled. A higher rating in arena correlates with a higher skill in arena and pvp in general. Read that sentence again, and read it carefully. To think otherwise is indeed delusional.

Such as yourself, right? I giggled. A higher rating in arena correlates with a higher skill in arena and pvp in general. Read that sentence again, and read it carefully. To think otherwise is indeed delusional.
    I did write that higher arena rating means you're better in the arena but also that you don't need a high rating to be good at pvp. I don't play anymore, haven't played a lot in a good while, but it's just not high rating arena players who know how to win 1v1, which is a big part of arena sometimes too, or coordinate BG fights. Having a high rating can mean you have mastered your class but it's not the only path to perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Lets compare a pro football player with the guy bouncing a ball in his backyard while we're at it, shall we? The pro spend 5-9 hours a day, the other guy picks up a ball 2-4 times a month. If we compare them based on time played relative to skill level reached, the backyard-bouncing-guy might be better just because he learns faster, and/or the learning curve at his level is still steeper than where the pro is at.

I appreciate good geared players that dont rub it in when they meet lower geared players. I enjoy playing with friendly/helpful players that has experience without having gone all elitist. I hate "experts" that blame the bad cooperation of 10 players on the 9 other players, they/we are all individuals after all.

I consider myself a casual noob with only 2.1k RBG (legit) rating who only has time for cap each week, I have however over the years leveled one of each class to lvl85+. I know people with 2.6k as highest RBG rating on 3-4 different chars who dont really know any of their classes well. They queue with a bunch of russians in the middle of the night. Flavour of the month classes who does average in PvP, could be a sign of a lesser skilled player, but it could also just be a new member of the wow-community we should welcome. There are so many variables.

You wont really know the skill of a player until you see it first hand in 2v2/3v3/RBG for a while. However, it is easier to see the full on noobs faster.

Some reach their full potential early, and struggle at a certain point. Some learn slower, but has a steady pace and never gets content with their current skill level. Some think they are experts after their first random BG at lvl14. ..many variables and much diversity, as it should be.
    Last edited by hellomynameis; 2013-04-28 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honnycorns View Post
    Thats how I see it:

Above 4k = Win traders.
    Yeah, I agree with this one, though the rating may vary alot from season to season (and FoTM rollers..)
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats how I see it:

Above 4k = Win traders.

clearly you don't play with many players over 2400 [achievo wise obv..because right now 2400 is cata 2800 aka glad]. 2-2200 is the bracket full of raging retards because they're stuck there and most will likely never manage to get out. annoys me when i hear things about glads being d-bags because its not true..that's the rival / duelist mo.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-04-28 at 02:17 PM.

People seem confused about current capability which is essentially skill and unutilized potential which is slightly different. A 2400 3's player is more skilled than me. I don't play 3's right now but even thought I might have the potential of getting high rated, I still can't consider myself to be just as skilled. This is pretty much the reason people buy boosts. They think they're good enough to get higher but they come up with random excuses to convince themselves that they're worth the boost. That's another topic tho.

---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 04:50 PM ----------

Thats how I see it:

Above 4k = Win traders.
    Pretty much this.