Skyrim: Legendary Edition Coming

Skyrim: Legendary Edition Coming apparently, On IGN:

"Bethesda has confirmed The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition will be available on June 4 in North America and June 7 throughout Europe and Australia.

The bundle will include the original game plus the three official expansions, Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn, along with other patched improvements such as combat cameras, mounted combat, the Legendary difficulty mode and Legendary skills that allow you to master all perks and level up skills indefinitely."

I wonder what they mean by "combat cameras"?

I will probably buy this for PC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    I wonder what they mean by "combat cameras"?
    I guess the replays you sometimes see when you chop off a head or get an impressive kill. The original game only had it for melee weapons, but with updates it was also added to bows and magic I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, they really should include some popular mods for the console folks.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd buy it, had I not already got the DLCs on day of launch, may buy it for the PC though
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    I'd buy it, had I not already got the DLCs on day of launch, may buy it for the PC though

This is the reason I don't normally buy things on launch day. There are some games that are a must have for me, Skyrim was a dicey choice as I had not played any other Elder Scrolls games.

Not knocking you, Skyrim very well could have been your exception to the same rule. Just like X-Com was my exception to the rule = )

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad this is coming out, was bummed that the one expansion came out on a physical format but only for PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    cool, glad i didn't buy this now haha, kind of like how i did with mass effect, got the trilogy box with all the dlc.

Deleted
    I like how they note down the patch stuff as "extra stuff" included in this version - when you would get the exact same thing buying the game seperatly Makes it look a bit bigger then just "3 DLC's" I suppose.
    Still, a pretty good deal I'd say, and well worth it if you haven't gotten the game yet.

Deleted
    I'll grab it when it comes on sale.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    This is the reason I don't normally buy things on launch day. There are some games that are a must have for me, Skyrim was a dicey choice as I had not played any other Elder Scrolls games.

Not knocking you, Skyrim very well could have been your exception to the same rule. Just like X-Com was my exception to the rule = )
    Sounds like a strange argument to me. There's obviously some value in getting the game 1½ year earlier as well. Otherwise you can just wait around forever because a few years from now Steam will sell the whole pack for 9.99.

Deleted
    This is just perfect timing for me

I wasn't sure if Skyrim would work on my old PC when it was released, so I pirated it just to check out. Good thing I did as I couldn't get more then 20 fps stable even if I modified config files to go way below the minimum setting you can set in game. Now I'm going to upgrade to a new PC this summer and get the whole Skyrim package hopefully for less then if I had bought all the pieces separately and play it with maxed out setting to truly enjoy the game.

Btw did the same thing for Oblivion and got it a few years after it was released. A promotion from a local shop that was clearing old inventory got me Oblivion Collector's Edition + Shivering Isles for 25$

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Man, they really should include some popular mods for the console folks.
    the only mod i feel is so good that bethesda should buy it and include it in the base game is SkyUI. It really redo completely the inventory interface, erasing one major issue of the game.

The other are a matter or taste or gameplay really, as an archer i like the mod arrowsmithing to craft arrow, i also like the mod that allow you to smelt weapon or recycle leather from armor.

Seems just like a cheap con to make people buy the same things again. The 'new' features don't seem spectacular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azthal View Post
    Sounds like a strange argument to me. There's obviously some value in getting the game 1½ year earlier as well. Otherwise you can just wait around forever because a few years from now Steam will sell the whole pack for 9.99.
    I'm not much a PC Gamer these days as there is little to no Local Multiplayer. So I would not be using Steam.

The reason I'm not crazy about buying a game on launch day is due to buggy games which get patched later. Also, I like to wait for gamer reviews rather than Media reviews. I don't trust a dude writing an article who could potentially been paid to rate the game well. And I like to wait a bit and get a discount.

These days purchasing games is getting risky. You have no idea what shape it is in, i'd hate to buy a paper weight that can't be used until they fix it. Paying $60 for a game which is broken is quite disheartening.

I'd much rather wait 6 months for it to come down to at least $40. Cost of living in NJ is quite high, Cost of entertainment is also high. Gotta ensure my priorities are in order ; )